Lasting People of the Empire

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ForeverMaster, Aug 25, 2015.

1. I've been here for 1204 days. It was very different back then I had a little shop and got upset if someone was selling iron ingots for one rupee over market price xD. I was intrigued by the "special items" and collected them which has kept me on so long. I almost quick when someone who shall rename unnamed stole my collection when I was dealing with an auction but RainbowChin got it all back for me.If I ever left I would take out my best rares ( eggnog etc) to somewhere really far out in the wild like 100,000 blocks+ and host a race. Whoever gets there first wins.
    ForeverMaster0 likes this.
  2. I don't know what you would consider a veteran, but...
    -} When did you first joined Empire Minecraft, and what was your experience back then?
    I joined the Empire 1246 days ago, I honestly loved it back then. When I first joined it was my first time ever playing Minecraft, so I was a large noob because I had no idea what I was doing(I bought minecraft and as soon as it downloaded I had joined EMC because of a friend) :D. Like every new player I made a simple shop and made quite a good amount on it. Also, there was also a lot less people then, but everyone was nice, you would rarely find a very "bad" player. That was nice because there was a lot less moderators, and when a mod got on it was the coolest thing ever just to see a mod get on and talk :p.
    -} What has kept you in this community and why? What would make you leave?
    What has kept me here is just the amount of amazing people I meet all the time and the great veterans I am still friends with. It has kept me because every time I log on and see a familiar player, I just smile and think of some of the great times we have shared :p The only really reason I would/will leave is if my computer is messed up and I am unable to play or I am busy with stuff irl. :)
    -} If you planned on leaving the community forever, what would you do before saying farewell?
    I would of course, giveaway everything and keep my most prized things in my vault for safe keeping, make a thread explaining everything, and thank all of my friends for actually putting up with me :p

Hopefully that is a good enough response! :D
    ShelLuser and ForeverMaster0 like this.
  3. I have been here since October 28th 2011. That is 1397 days ago. When I first joined, there was only a single server, smp1. Utopia was a survival world and things were a ton different. Being one server and having just expanded town, getting on was a struggle. I remember sitting at my computer trying to log in every few minutes until, after several tries, I finally got in. Hotels were popular because of the limited space. I originally built a large wooden house that was pretty terrible but I enjoyed it. Then I went on vacation, forgot to get it protected, and started over again. I remember when 2000 was being renovated constantly and was a real pain.

I found the server as an ad on a server website. The old server I had played on "Ravklok" (it doesn't exist anymore) shut down because the 1.8 beta update was too hard to fix. I wanted survival with towns and stuff and Empire fit the description.

What kept me around was the forums. I would mess around the forums for a while even though I took in-game breaks every so often. It was always fun to log in and see what happened. For a while, I didn't even post anything. When I finally did, it was hesitantly on auctions. The redstone expo was one of the first things I really posted in great depth. I really don't play Minecraft that much anymore except for events on this server and occasionally to mess around with redstone.

I really don't see myself leaving the forums until they get shut down. I may not play in-game much (although I still do and find the funnest part is hosting events) but I will likely stay here posting and reading. Not to mention the fun I have had with making things like the app for emc and other fun projects.

The biggest change was probably the great staff restructure. Honestly, EMC is still recovering from it and is starting to get back into a groove. It marked the removal of the two founding member from staff and introduced a new generation into the server. The fallout from it was massive and many prominent members and staff quit because of it. Although it may not have been the most graceful solution, it still did what had to be done. After JustinGuy got a life (literally) he couldn't work on the server and had to leave. Aikar took charge and began work on the server. I feel like that got the train moving again and revitalized the server.

Overall, I think this is a fantastic server and if I ever left it I would no longer play Minecraft.
    607, ForeverMaster0 and SoulPunisher like this.
  4. -} When did you first joined Empire Minecraft, and what was your experience back then?

Somtime in the summer (august maybe?) of 2014
    I stayed with emc, because it is truly one of a kind, has awesome staff, great community, and I love everyone.

Honestly I don't ever think I could Leave emc. Take a very short break? maybe.
    -} If you planned on leaving the community forever, what would you do before saying farewell?
    If I planned on leaving emc forever, I would probably give all my belongings to Kytula, And toade.
    And Say my farewells to all my friends and the communitie.
    But that will never happen I a emc addict :p
    amadai and ForeverMaster0 like this.
  5. I think you're referring to my enderman farm on SMP5.
    I did make a new farm on SMP6 as part of my campaign, and they'll be more to come.
    For those interested, check out my featured thread under my signature.:cool:
    ShelLuser, 607 and highlancer54 like this.
  6. -} When did you first joined Empire Minecraft, and what was your experience back then?
    • 1350 days ago (Dec 16 2011 on the site)
    • It was a lot more difficult to earn rupees. The most anyone had after a few months of playing was MR2R2M(spelling?) with 300k
    • Only a couple of the current staff were around, and no one staff now was staff then
    • No one really knew what they were doing
    • If EMC had a detrimental effect on my real life
    • Incurable boredom
    • Make sure all my projects were completed
    amadai, 607, Hashhog and 2 others like this.
  7. Indeed I am. I visit there to ensure nothing 'bad' happens there, and love to wander about and explore.
    One of my future 'things to do' is visit the frozen slime (someday). The last time I attempted to journey there, a skeleton put an arrow in my knee, halting my adventuring for the day :(.
    ForeverMaster0 likes this.
  8. I keep forgetting to finish my post I was writing for here.
    Does anyone care, anyway? Would anyone want to read a really long post from me starting from each of these questions and diverging a bit?
    ShelLuser, amadai and bitemenow15 like this.
  9. Yes.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  10. I can only assume I am a veteran. Sometimes it feels like I joined just a month ago. :(
    1. I joined February 7th, 2012. When I joined, I was excited to start my own shop and just be awesome. I started out with a giant wooden box with rows of shops. Eventually I took it down because it was just terrible. I made tons (Okay, 5) of friends in my first week.
    2. To be honest, the time I spent in EMC has probably kept me here. I am too far ahead to leave. Also, a ban on stone slabs would make me leave. Well, that or having the empire leaders stop listening to us.
    3. I would probably go out into the wilderness and build myself a Stone Slab Empire. Store all of my stone slabs there and if I come back, I come back happy. If I don't, the greatest empire that will ever exist will be there. Also, I would burn my expensive items.
    ShelLuser, amadai and 607 like this.
  11. About four years ago (late 2011?). I joined along with a few irl friends.
    We were on SMP3, (of the four servers that existed back then!) the community was smaller but more tight-knit because of that. People were very friendly, there were more shops and in general everything seemed much more active. Maybe that's just nostalgia talking ^^;

Eventually I left due to irl obligations : ( Those were good times though.

There are a lot of really awesome people here on EMC. Very talented and creative builders, and really nice and interesting people. Some of the people I knew well left, but I've met plenty others and that keeps me here :)
    It's also very nice having a balance of mature players in with younger kids.

What would make me leave... temporarily? Well, irl obligations that took up a lot of time. Permanently? Maybe a drastic change in the community or atmosphere --- I guess that would be.. the community becoming less mature, or inviting?
    Heh, probably a giant giveaway.. although I don't plan on leaving forever!
    607 and LuckyPat like this.
  12. Yeah, it's nice knowing about the people you're playing with : )
    607 likes this.
  13. -} When did you first joined Empire Minecraft, and what was your experience back then?'

Joined Jan 27, 2013, and this was the first Minecraft server i had ever played on. I was constantly bugging my friends (most of who have sadly moved on from the server.) for commands or crafting recipes. also want to say the server was a lot more simpler and had a much smaller and tight community, much more friendly, because if someone didn't know you one of there friends did.

I'll be the first to admit i'm not as active as i'd like but between work, FTB, and ESO I'v got a lot to do. for what keeps me here its the memories of the friends past, the builds i'v made with friends or bases shared with friends, and the hope to find friends like the ones iv had. what would make me leave well... probably the only thing to make me leave would be my Humvee driving over an ied when i deploy.

Jan 27, 2013 well thats simple brake down all my blocks and give them to my friends of that time then unclaim all my res but my first and original pl ought. then i would build a memorial to all the old players before my time, of my time, and future players that move on from this server... but as i sead if i ever leave this server id already be six feet under.
    SoulPunisher and 607 like this.
  14. So many awesome stories! And I fully agree about the comments on the community comments. There's just one thing I can't help wondering about...
    What would make you a veteran? I assume to have been around for a minimum of 2 years? In that case I guess one down, and one to go and then I can finally respond :D

Yes we do! :)
    607 likes this.
  15. I know I'm not a veteran but reading these posts just brings tears to my eyes because of the community in this server. <3 I would never leave (unless I got banned).
    Codygraw, ShelLuser and 607 like this.
  16. -} When did you first joined Empire Minecraft, and what was your experience back then?
    October 2012. Didnt really experience much on the forums, as i prefer reading the forums rather than commenting on it (except this one). As for ingame, i think i was more of a wilderness person back then but now i'm a townie

Friends around me i guess. They're mostly on SMP3 (my home server), and some are actually my res neighbours too. Although sadly, most of them quit/have gone inactive. As for what would make me leave, believe me, i have gone inactive for a few months. But you just dont quit minecraft, minecraft quits you.

Probably hold a grief party at my res, but i doubt i'll be leaving anytime soon.
  17. Whoops, i just realised that this was an old thread that was recently bumped.
  18. When I joined EMC as Ark_Warrior1, I was very careful because of something that happened before. If I remember right, the community was very welcoming and I made a lot of friends.

I actually left EMC for about a year, maybe a little less. I didn't leave because of anything that happened on EMC, I just needed to focus on school and tennis. What has kept me in this community is the players. I have made new friends each time I have come back and I love it.
    If I was planning to leave, I would probably giveaway everything I have and do a drop party or grief party just because I see no reason to keep anything. It also depends on why I am leaving. If I plan to return, I might keep some things so I can use them when I return. If I was leaving indefinitely, I would probably just give everything away.
  19. Well, I really think it was worth reviving! Really, there are some great stories in this post! :)
    FrozenForger and ShelLuser like this.
  20. I've been playing empire minecraft for almost 3 years now and I have to say I still love it but I have been quite inactive in game. I use to be on emc 247 especially in the holidays when I recently joined.
    ArkWarrior1 likes this.