Kony 2012

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by MR2R2M, Mar 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I didnt type it good sir just repost it. I read it on another site :)
  2. My school is going to decided to talk about this or not. I don't really care ATM.
    Squizzel_Boy likes this.
  3. I hope they do only so people know about what goes on in the rest of the world.
    JustinGuy likes this.
  4. Ive seen so many famous youtubers favous this, including nigahiga, chris archie, paperbatvg you name it, but there is one thing on my mind and im not sure if its true, but here it is.

"Last year invisible children campaign only donated 32% of the donations they recieved to the people in uganda, the rest went to payment of staff, printing costs" etc etc. This is why i do not support this campaign anymore, but i am against joseph kony.
  5. Yep the same as I feel
    GameKribJEREMY and JustinGuy like this.
  6. Ugh, they are not funding the army, the funds are goiong into rebuilding schools, giving people jobs etc. The money is not going to the ugandan army. Instead the US personel there are providing strategic assistance to the ugandan army.
    YES there may be speculation that not all the money is going to where they proclaim its going, but for the individual that donates, its the feeling that you have done something good, something just. That is why I donated, I donated and felt great about doing so. Even if all the money isn't being used correctly, at least some is still being used for the right purpose; education, jobs etc.
    Squizzel_Boy likes this.
  7. There it is.

Without for a second suggesting that I'm telling you what to do with your money, if you want to donate to a charity, there are plenty of charities which are fully accountable and do put the majority of their donation money straight to the source of the problem.

Also, and this is my own view; what's the point of helping any country, be that a third world country or otherwise, if there are problems in my own country such as homelessness, poverty, child abuse, etcetcetc. If I give to charity, I give to a charity at home where the funds have more chance of making a real difference.

Anyway, all far too political etc, so I am out of this thread. ;)
  8. They also only have a two star rating, when theses other charity's just like it that have a four star rating.
  9. Though I have donated and have no regrets in doing so there is also this video:

PiggzCanFly likes this.
  10. TO be honest, I did not know that IC was corrupt like this, so I am happy to inform that my monthly payments have been cancelled, and I will be returning to supporting the server again. ROCK ON EMPIREMINECRAFT!!!

I made a donation, thats what counts, they dont need my money now, besides they have 68% from last year to keep going :rolleyes:

Next weeks wages are going to come back into supporting the Empire :)
  11. Just the fact that they have monthly payments just furthers the fact that they are corrupt even more..
  12. To all those hatin on Invisible Children

@JustinGuy
    @Henry_Leonwind
    @Mrlegitslegit
    @kilmannan
    @appament
    @thestar
  13. I will respond to all of you,
    Hmm, how many people did you count there? Last time I checked there is more than one person in the organization. They fly lots of people over there mate.

Hugh, considering Obama in his letter to IC said that they would not be armed, I think you should rethink your statement.

How crazy is it that the US would only help out if there are resources available.

Just like the gamer Woddy said in the video I posted, the money is not going into their back pockets but instead is being used to make the great films they do. Lets face it, with out a good film campaign they would not raise the awareness of this successfully.

I am happy that my money either went into the costs for travel to uganda, the film making, for anything else to help IC continue on with their campaign, or ultimately going straight to helping the children.
    Squizzel_Boy likes this.
  14. I see your back on board.
  15. Please don't bash people based on their beliefs or where they are from or I'll lock the thread. Be respectful of others, even if they don't agree with what you agree with.
  16. I don't think they're 'hatin' on them. They're simply saying that they're not 100% upfront with what they're doing, which has been shown in other videos. None of the people you mentioned in this post will disagree that the GOOD they did do with the money was awesome.
  17. Reworded it then
  18. I'm not hating, I'm suspicious.

I'm suspicious of everything that plays with emotions or plucks heart strings to get my money, because when I'm emotional I'm less reasonable.

The video pretty much said, give us money or you hate children.
  19. Dont accuses me of stuff, or I will accuses you of stuff.
  20. NO you sir are incorrect the videos purpose was to get you to do SOMETHING to help out, either donating money, or making Joseph Kony known. Not GIVE US MONEY OR YOU HATE ON CHILDREN. sheez
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.