Kony 2012

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by MR2R2M, Mar 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Precisely.

Travel expenses cost $1,000,000 - That equates to 333 trips in Business Class with British Airways from Chicago to Entebbe in Uganda.

Hm.
  2. I say this is much better.

3. Well,Ive ordered the bracelet cause I want to support but Im not gonna give up EMC Diamond,Sorry :)

No Diamond Supporter = sad
    sad = depression
    depression = death(I know,Not always)
    death = more people sad
    more people sad = more people with depression
    more people with depression = more deaths(I know,Not always)
    more deaths = even more people sad
    I think you get it now :)
  4. I'm very suspicious of this.

I got to wonder how many cops are going to be out april 20th to catch people gluing posters on peoples walls. I dont know about USA but here it's considered vandalism.
  5. "Hits the like button"
  6. Well, at least some money is going to good use! Would you rather none of it it goes to good use? I think most if not all charities are like this, you have no idea what really goes on behind the front lines.
    oidking, Sir_Creeper and Squizzel_Boy like this.
  7. I've seen this all over the net and i've seen some one raise a really good point

Let's be perfectly honest with ourselves, i've not done much reading into this Kony thing, but I can assure you that the military will NOT get involved, regardless of how much we want them to, because it's South Africa, somewhere without an amount of natural resource worth invading for. And so you know what I mean, I have the perfect example. We invade libya because Gadaffi was a Tyrant, and we claimed we wanted to free the people, Libya had oil. In Zimbabwe, Mugabe is a tyrant and a dictator, who was responsible for his own people being tortured, raped, and murdered. This has been going on for years. And no-one has done anything. Zimbabwe has very little natural resource.

And the fact people have only just become aware of this i find pretty disgusting its been happening for years i mean people of make a fuss of things when its shoved in there face? surely if you cared about child soldiers you'd have taken action sooner because its been going on for god knows how long (at least 20 years) but now that the media has said something people suddenly give a shit.
    Twitch1 likes this.
  8. Start their own army of "freedom fighters".
  9. I said something like this in one of the other Kony threads on here. He isn't going to care that some people are saying bad stuff about him on the internet.
    sagem4tt likes this.
  10. Also Justin, your article you linked said that the US is going to be airdropping troops armed to the teeth, This IS infact total rubish, they are there to provide assistance to the Ugandan army with regard to strategy and what not, they are not there to engage in a firefight with the natives.
  11. Americans don't simply give strategy.They have to fight.Its part of being an american.
    hayleycolgan and JustinGuy like this.
  12. I agree that was an exaggeration. However giving money to the Ugandan Army is just as bad as giving it to the war lord himself, Google and learn a little about their track record. It is like when we funded Al-Qaeda because at the time it seemed like the lesser of the evils, that turned out well... History is littered with this happening again and again. If anything they should be campaigning against the over throw of the Ugandan Army and empowering the people to rise and lead themselves, not funding an oppressive Army even more.
  13. Both sides have points. :/
  14. Ok here is the end to this debate:

Invisible Children and Kony 2012: Avoiding Scams and Irresponsible Donations
    Yukon1200 and Twitch1 like this.
  15. I agree completely :)
    Squizzel_Boy likes this.
  16. Uganda is not in South Africa, nor anywhere near it.

I was in Kenya last year training the Kenyan army as they're bordered on all sides by unstable and violent regimes (Uganda is one of them, Somalia is another). There's a lot going on in Africa that's far too complicated and difficult to understand, and things like this Kony is but a drop in the ocean out there. Really.
  17. Yup, I did a deployment off the coast of Somalia (close enough to swim to) and spent a lot of time in intelligence briefs and what not. It is an incredibly difficult to understand region of the world, lots of bad things do happen their, but the media and Hollywood way over simplifies it.

Edit: We have tried to get involved a few times before (most famous would be "Blackhawk Down") with no luck because of how complex the situations are.
    oidking, cnquast and vividOptimism like this.
  18. Though there is, it is looking bad for Invisible Children.

Twitch1 likes this.
  19. Massively.

Kenya is pretty much one of the only stable countries out there and that has more to do with the fact the British military have a huge prescene there (Currently building a new base with dedicated airstrip) and the fact that the Chinese have invested a lot of money in the transport infrastructure than anything to go with good government or otherwise.
    JustinGuy likes this.
  20. Then a Like for you :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.