iPhone 4S,5,5s, or 5c?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by TheEpic5, Sep 10, 2013.

?

Hello

What 7 vote(s) 17.5%
Pie 33 vote(s) 82.5%

1. Sure sounds like a few major game titles to me lol.:rolleyes:
  2. If you have to get an apple than you need to look at budget. The newer ones will be better but more expensive. If your budget is lower than the Iphone 5/4s will be sufficient. If Iphone isn't your only option then definitely consider Android. Android is harder to use but offers so much more. There is a reason almost everyone here is talking about it.
  3. I feel like I started a war
  4. We are just trying to help you make the best decision possible :p
  5. iPhone,
    Android
    Misc.
  6. Honestly, just get the 5c.
    It's an iphone five thats a tad slower.
    Lower price, same effects.
  7. I really just wanted to say android but.....
  8. Samsung Galaxy S4? :p
  9. Okay, I'm an Apple person and I wasn't too impressed with what was released today, but nevertheless, like %75 of the posts on this thread have been off-topic. What sort of superiority complex do all you Apple haters have that makes you need to comment on every single thing about Apple saying PC/Android is better? Like, even when people ask for Mac help without fail there is always someone who says the solution is to not have a Mac. Thats so irrelevant! Ugh! That would be like me going around to every single COD gameplay video on Youtube and pointing out that BF is better. It's not the point. Seriously people, you can not like them, but you have to admit they didn't become a top ten fortune 500 company on accident. /rant

As to the actual point of this thread which only like 3 people have answered, my advice would really be to just stay with the 4s. The 5/5c/5s didn't really add anything all that significant, especially nothing that your mom will notice. Hold onto the 4s until at least the 6, but most importantly until there's a cool new technology that actually warrants a upgrade, not just for the sake of upgrading.
    jacob5089, mba2012 and THE_LEGEND4 like this.
  10. Someone told me 5 is the best, cause 5s and 5c are not out yet(he said)
  11. May I suggest android.
  12. Which is likely to be anytime from now onwards, Apple products, if not all electronic gadgets, seem to stop working at a random time after three years of use. :p

^^That guy, amazing stuff.

If your mum really wants the 5s, get she can get it. IMO the 5s is the best iPhone Apple has made, now, you may think this is stupid because it's the newest, but Apple will begin to change things in the iPhone, that will detract from it. The iPhone 5s's size is good, the S4, even though it's a good phone, is too big for my liking. Also, the 5s has a few small changes(new motion processor and 64 bit processor architecture) that make it better than the 5c and 4s. I'd get the 5s if I had a choice.

Also, a few quick notes about threads like this, if you're going to come here, post on topic, it makes you look stupid when you come in and just say, get a Samsung or whatever. BTW, Android isn't a type of phone, it's the operating system used on a number of different phones, so saying "get an Android!" is even stupider.

EDIT: Thought I'd mention this. I only talked about 5s and 5c because the 5 won't be sold anymore once the 5s comes out, and as you're considering a 5s, I thought it would just be silly to talk about the 5.
    marknaaijer and cddm95ace like this.
  13. If you're talking about buying a mobile phone, wouldn't it be more stupid to not consider the alternatives?
    jkjkjk182, astrayalien and mba2012 like this.
  14. It would be, but the OP is only asking about the 5s, 5c etc. so, staying on topic is better.
    cddm95ace likes this.
  15. Don't be an iSucker.
    apamment likes this.
  16. Not helpful. A person is entitled to pick whichever phone they want.
    BilboBaggins23 and cddm95ace like this.
  17. I'm not sure bout the iPhone5c but an apple product is way better than an android system. I have 2 phones - new android thingy, iPhone5. IPhone5 is way better.
    Plus you can get waterproof cases...
  18. For every android person reading this, when the most recent version of an android phone was released, it got 2 million sold in about the first 8 months. When the iphone 5 was released, It got 2 million sold in the first 24 hours.
    :)

No. The app store has more users than google play, and the "Amazon appstore for android."

App Store:

50 billion apps downloaded
    Google Play:

1+ million apps downloaded

Edit: Also, no, Epic. Muffins.
    jacob5089 likes this.
  19. Given that there is one Apple and several android vendors, is that really surprising? How often is a new Apple device released and how often are new Android devices released? Was it a new LG phone or new Samsung phone? a new Motorola, Sony or Huwawi phone? or HTC?

Anyway, this is turning into an apple fanboy / android fanboy thread with lots of misinformation, so I'm going to leave it there.
    jkjkjk182, mba2012 and marknaaijer like this.
  20. The reason android does not get as many vendors is because they have too many phones. with new ones coming out every other day, :p they draw attention from their best phone(s).

Apple only releases one every six months, and it is just an improved version of the last. That way, the iPhone will always remain the same phone. I think android would get more of their phones sold if they narrowed down the selection, by combining features. Say one has a good camera and one has a good mic. make a phone that has a good camera AND a good mic.