IP Issues/Questions

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by Dreacon78, Feb 6, 2017.

1. ok so today I have been noticing a rather higher amount of lag on SMP9 Nether than what I normally deal with. This makes the Ghasts a much bigger pain than normal. Now I did a speed test between here and Korea and then Here and NC and I got a 500Mb up/down connection to Korea and a 170Mb down and 35Mb up connect to NC. Not sure if this is a server thing or just a weird quirk for me being in Japan, but I did a trace to smp9 today and noticed that it routes through like 12 different IP's before it gets to EMC. Is this normal for being in Japan or is this an error that I need to talk with my service provider about? Also is there some way to get the system to connect through less IP's?
    TomvanWijnen and ShelLuser like this.
  2. Konichi wa! :)

That's perfectly normal, and there's nothing you can do to change that.

When I try a traceroute from my end I pass 14 IP's (one of which being my own router, so actually 13). This is simply the way the Internet works: dozens of different networks which are tied together through different routers. And that's what you're seeing.
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  3. ok cool. I am not sure where the lag starts, but I go from a 5ms connection time to 114ms pretty fast...I am assuming it is where it shifts from the Japan region to the US one, but not sure.
  4. Where are you getting these (5ms and 114ms) numbers from?
  5. when you do a trace route it shows the time it takes to connect to each ip. I was getting 4-5ms connection times for the first 3-5 ip addresses and then it jumped up to around 114ms and higher for the rest of them.
    TomvanWijnen likes this.