In this thread, we blow minds.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by 72Volt, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Ok..
    Off the top of my head...
    I am in your future!
    (Timezones)
    mba2012 likes this.
  2. That reminds me of one;

When you stare at someone, you are not seeing them in the present, you are seeing them in the past.
    To account for the time it takes for the light to bounce to them and back.
  3. You never actually touch things, what you feel is the atoms repelling each other.
  4. So everything is floating intentionally?
    mba2012 likes this.
  5. Everything is always floating, unless it's falling. And everything is always falling, due to gravity - unless you take "everything" as a single unit. And if "everything" is floating, what is it floating in comparison with?
    The logical conclusion, of course, is that the universe has a center, and "everything" is just expanding and contracting away from/towards that center. But if the universe is changing size, what is it changing size in comparison with? And if it's not changing size, and the parts within are just changing in proportion to eachother, than everything in the universe must be constantly shrinking. But wouldn't that defy the law of conservation of mass?
    I could go on, but I'm starting to get lost here myself...
    rman92011 and HylianNinja like this.
  6. Isn't the whole "universe has a center" thing the center of the Big Bang Theory?
  7. Pretty much, if you assume the universe is expanding like a circle or a sphere. Which seems like a pretty big assumption to me, considering the way stars are spaced out.
  8. Lava walls are a bad way to earn money.
    AlexHallon, L0tad, jkjkjk182 and 6 others like this.
  9. I know the sound of one hand clapping in reverse, behind a wall with only one side.
  10. It is possible for an object to only have one side. Case and point, mobius strip.
    Kephras likes this.
  11. ;)
    Though the magic of 3D graphics necessitates the qualifier "physical" object for the statement to have any real weight behind it. These days if you go mentioning "walls with only one side," most of the younger folks and gamers in particular are more likely to think of glitches & clipping issues.
    jamesg003 likes this.
  12. Here's something to leave you thinking; Does a mirror reflect everything, or does it not? If it doesn't, what does it look like where it stops reflecting? It might be reflecting everything as a "Parallel universe" because it will show more depending on the angle you look at it from, but you really have no way of knowing.
    Jimbonothing64 likes this.
  13. 99% of people believe anything they read :D
  14. My mind has just been blown by this
    jamesg003 likes this.
  15. When a video gets uploaded to YouTube it sticks at 303 views for a few days while the count the 'real' views.
    You can have fire underwater.
    supereskimo and jamesg003 like this.
  16. Really blew my mind.
  17. All of this blew my mind. ._.
    AlexHallon likes this.
  18. Excellent.
  19. In quantum physics an object can be both there and not there at the same time.