In this thread, we blow minds.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by 72Volt, Feb 9, 2013.

1. I believe the universe doesn't expand, rather has always infinite... Weird thought :confused:
  2. Yeah, I kind of noticed... *coughcoughfloatingtreesandminingdiamondswithanironpickcoughcough*
    creepincreepers7 likes this.
  3. A theory of how the moon got here:
    There was once a small planet. That planet was crashed into by a much larger planet, and it took about a week for the smaller planet to reform.
    We now live on that larger planet, and that smaller planet is the moon.
    I had to regain my breath at this...You mean the things that neanderthals killed where around during the time of Homo Sapien Sapiens - not even that long ago?
  4. Expanding on a circular blanket of space which leaves room for the worm hole theory in which you can bend and cut through the time space blanket but the fabric of space itself requires great energy to do so. I am not a physics or quantum mechanics major in this so I will not go on about all of it but you can feel free to search it up . It's not a simple topic so don't expect to understand it after reading it once. I've had to read some papers atleast 20 times to grasp its meaning and function.
  5. I find this funny :p
  6. The fastest way between two points is not a straight line. It is to make them the same point. This is why some consider wormholes to be a method of space transportation and not horrible death.
  7. The tomato is a vegetable.
  8. Ya see, I was told it was a fruit in that same way from someone... I'm not sure many people know the actually answer...
  9. Tomato's are a fruit. They have seeds.
    SoulPunisher and HylianNinja like this.

10. Botanically speaking they are fruit.

But they are often considered vegetable due to the way they are often used in cooking, there was also declared as tomatoes for customs regulations by a court ruling

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nix_v._Hedden
    jkjkjk182, mba2012 and southpark347 like this.
  11. A four-dimensional rubik's cube is not only possible in theory, but can actually be simulated and solved using computer software: http://www.superliminal.com/cube/cube.htm
    If you feel like having your mind blown interactively, play this game:

Pokemon Red was released in 1996. That was seventeen years ago. Feel old? (Or young :rolleyes:)
    Also, hexaflexagons:
    HylianNinja likes this.
  12. I so need to play that game but there are so many other games on my back log list.
  13. Its an edible part of the plant.
  14. Antichamber is the next Portal.
  15. It's definitely similar to Portal, but I have to say that Antichamber is quite unique. Here's the difference:
    *Portal is mind-bending because you have to alter the environment in weird ways to finish missions.
    *Antichamber is mind-bending because (A) The environment is already messed up, and (B) You don't really know what the goal is (unless you've seen a play-through already, in which case I wag my finger at you).
    Personally, I thought Antichamber was a much more... shall I say... intimate experience than Portal. Of course I still enjoyed Portal. I saw about 10 seconds of the trailer and immediately bought it.

Now to get back on topic.

If you haven't heard of Conway's Game of Life, you should google it. Apparently, someone figured out how to simulate the Game of Life within the Game of Life:
    AlexHallon and HylianNinja like this.
  16. I meant that it was as good as Portal, and was the next step in the puzzle genre. I own it too.
  17. If you take a piece of paper and fold it in half the same way without unfolding it 50 times, it will stretch 1/3 of the way to the moon.
  18. Pineapples are made from berries that naturally fuse together.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  19. E=mc2 is incomplete.

20. So spongebob really lives in a lot of houses? Or, has like apartments or a condo. Or, how would we classify that :confused: Lol
    PandasEatRamen likes this.