Imagining Minecraft 2.0

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by Trapper777, Feb 2, 2014.

1. So we all know 1.8 is coming out. villagers will actually do stuff. Slime balls will be useful. There's some new stone blocks. It's a pretty big update.
    But this means we are only two versions away from Minecraft 2.0!

Here are my speculations:
    • It will probably be a paid update. Providing infinite free updates for a $25 game is not sustainable.
    • It will definitely be the most significant update since 1.0
    • It will be compatible with older maps, plugins, etc. They have a HUGE fanbase, but it has to be compatible with what effort people have already put into it.
    • It may add the use of two arms at once. Right now your other arm just kinda hangs there.
    What are your thoughts? Are you excited? What kind of cool gameplay mechanics do you think they could add to it? Please weigh in.
    Dr_Hacksaw likes this.
  2. I doubt it will be paid. The price of Minecraft might go up, but making you pay for the update? No.
    607, TheTinkyWinky, trent948 and 10 others like this.
  3. If we don't have more mobs or more pies by 2.0, I'll be a very unhappy dessert.
    bemvino87, trent948, porphos and 10 others like this.
  4. There will be no 2.0
    Instead, Mojang stated there will be 1.10, 1.11, 1.12 and so on and so forth
    607, Gadget_AD, Olaf_C and 4 others like this.
  5. I suspect Mojang will go ahead with what skydragon posted above :)
  6. That seems really stupid, because eventually, we would get to 1.2 again would we not?
    joshyrocks13 and mba2012 like this.
  7. 1.20?
  8. ....
    1.25?

Sure, the previous version was actually 1.2.5 but that sounds really confusing lol
  9. If I had to pay to update MC. Just no lol
    hashhog3000 likes this.
  10. Update 1 and a fourth. Not very catchy...
  11. What if they went a full circuit, and did a big update like from alpha to beta, beta to regular, regular to ???
    :p
    607 likes this.
  12. Regular to Minecraft v2
  13. Tries to imagine MC 2.... Nope still thinking what Borderlands 3 going to be introduced... sorry
    bemvino87, Olaf_C, princebee and 5 others like this.
  14. Mod API. I recon they should release the Mod API with an MC 2.0 release, not add something too much other than that. Because that will change the game a fair bit.
  15. talking about minecraft2.0. half life 3 confirmed 100% no takebacks i took your eggs
    mba2012 likes this.
  16. Minecraft 2

You played as Steve in a world of cubes, but what happens when you play as John in a world full of SPHERES!?!
    Trapper777, princebee and jacob5089 like this.
  17. I am honestly scared what this will do to my PC. I already get 10 FPS in 1.6 ,about 6 or 7 in 1.7, and 8 in 1.8; what is next?

Apple pies plz.
    Cordial_Pie likes this.
  18. Yes. Yesyesyesyes.
  19. There will be no paid updates, at least, for the considerable future. 'Providing infinite free updates for a $25 game is not sustainable' is when its Minecraft. You know how many millions they've made of this game? Mojang aren't looking for more money (well I hope not).
    607 likes this.