Im confused about Afking ish

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by TheFryedmans, Jul 26, 2018.

1. Well a am a concrete man so I need to turn my powder into solid blocks so I afk right click and mine the block at the same time (but not with a mouse just other keys on the keyboard) and I don't use auto clickers is this allowed or not
  2. Well I don't put /afk when I do it so I'm not afk am i
    I'm just not at the computer when I do it
  3. It's good you don't use auto clicker. but I believe if a staff member were to message you, you would need to be able to respond and if you can't you could risk a punishment. That's what I know on the rule I'm sure someone else could explain it better though
  4. Your right, you need to respond to a staff member in a timely fashion.

I usually turn chat off, so that way when I hear the ping from the PM I know its staff.
    FadedMartian and ChespinLover77 like this.
  5. This is a smol bit I found
    I would assume that rule for not being afk with auto clickers apply to people who afk without using them as well
  6. AFK stands for Away From Keyboard, and since you're not at the computer you'd also not be at your keyboard. Hence: you're 'afk'.

Basically this is not allowed and it could get you into trouble if a staff member were to look into this. EMC is vanilla+, meaning that you should respect the vanilla'ish gameplay. As such: being afk near a farm or some other contraption which automatically does stuff for you is fully allowed. You're afk but you don't interact with the world as if you're playing. You're only keeping the chunk loaded which is just fine (though there are some notable exceptions around certain public farms).

But the moment you're interacting with the environment means that you're also playing the game. And that means you should be able to respond to messages and such within roughly a few minutes. If you're messaged and you don't respond then staff reserves the right to kick you from the server.
  7. I've done something similar before and was told it was allowed. I set myself up at a cobble generator and mined away. I was at my PC watching a movie or something in split screen. So I had the game window on one half and the movie on the other half. Both viewable at all times. What you are describing would be similar. Just make sure to reply to staff should then message you.
  8. According some of Krysyy's random rule changes recently, looking at the movie officially wouldn't be allowed, but since that's obviously ridiculous and uncheckable, people don't care and just do it anyways. :)

If you're still at your computer, you should be fine. To deal with the aforementioned random rule changes, you'll have to look at your minecraft every 10 seconds (to see chat). :)
    ShelLuser likes this.
  9. Ya things most likely changed since I last did it. Had to have been over a year now since I last auto mined lol
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  10. Things definitely changed, and for the worse.
    Jelle68, ShelLuser and FadedMartian like this.
  11. I agree with Tom 100% as we have both had situations with staff with this manner.
  12. Now look who got the last laugh here? <runs away like heck!> :D

(sorry, sorry, sorry) ;)
    ChespinLover77 and FadedMartian like this.