Ignore

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Aikar, Nov 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. While I know this decision was made with good intentions, I think that it should be reconsidered. We could have 1.3 like response, with certain members leaving because they need mods to play. While we need new members, I think that the older members who are already rooted in are more important to the EMC community.
    Olaf_C, cddm95ace, Parkerjv9 and 3 others like this.
  2. ..well there goes my mods setup
    cddm95ace and KilledDallos like this.
  3. I said dat before!
  4. But shouldnt most mods be updated to 1.7 by now? I mean the only mods you NEED are say reis and optifine.... Im sure they have updated, and it takes what a few minutes to reinstall them, I mean you would have had to update em sooner or later....
  5. True but from when I last read in to the 1.7 versions of these mods they were having trouble with the 1.7 and might not be able to update till 1.7.3 is out.
  6. They're not.
    Not even Forge is yet, and a lot of mods rely on that, Optifine included now he moved it over to forge.
  7. THE_LEGEND4 likes this.
  8. Really, optifine moved over to forge? .-. There goes my FPS.
  9. Uhm.. I just tried to log in with a 1.7.2 client and I keep getting random packet ID errors. There was invalid packet ID 61, ID 71, a load more. I also got a Invalid Frame Exception.. It's just random everytime for me.
  10. We are borken, this time the economy wasn't ruined.
  11. Well, he has a forge version now at least, maybe he still includes a regular version
  12. I cant even get forge to work lol... even before..... forge sucks xD
  13. hello aikar i would like to bring to attention the fact that most servers allow both clients into the servers. can you do that or just turn it back. most servers made there change a conveinence while this may not be.
  14. Very weird, it's all in it's own launcher now, very easy, or it should be.
  15. When was this and how? I haven't seen any mention of it here until this.
  16. Yea it seemed to have been fixed overnight lol.
  17. I honestly liked our servers on 1.6.4.
    This is probably going to lead to a lot on confusion, for example the new blocks not working.
    cddm95ace likes this.
  18. I understand the 2 main reasons for this. However, I don't like it, I want 1.6.4 client. None of the major mods that enhance the game have been updated to 1.7.2 which means no mods (Vanilla client? eeeew)

1. "Bad Login" Error: I had this bad for 2 days, but seems to have been sorted out.

2. New members running 1.7.2 client who don't know how to create a 1.6.4 profile: Well, new blood is important, I'm new blood. But it will come at a cost of other players leaving for 1.6.4 server they can use their mods with.

I know this decision won't be reversed, we'll be sticking with 1.7.2 client. But just wanted to give some feedback on it.

'tis a sad day, was hoping not to update until we actually updated to working 1.7.2...

Cheers
    Scruffy
    wisepsn, BevK56, KilledDallos and 3 others like this.
  19. New player speaking like a champ. *tips hat*
    BevK56, cddm95ace and Parkerjv9 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.