If you were Aikar...

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by mrmattheweli, Apr 6, 2016.

?

[OPINION] On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the highest, How well do you think Aikar does?

Poll closed Apr 16, 2016.
1 1 vote(s) 2.7%
2 0 vote(s) 0.0%
3 0 vote(s) 0.0%
4 2 vote(s) 5.4%
5 2 vote(s) 5.4%
6 0 vote(s) 0.0%
7 3 vote(s) 8.1%
8 7 vote(s) 18.9%
9 11 vote(s) 29.7%
10 11 vote(s) 29.7%
  1. Okay so if you were Aikar, well in his position, how would you change EMC for the better?

Some questions to answer may be:
    -What would you make a priority?
    -How would you make Empire life easier?
    -What kind of changes would you make to the Wilds, Frontier, Town Spawn, PVP, etc. to make it easier and more enjoyable?

***Disclaimer***
    This is just for fun :)
    In my opinion Aikar does a fabulous job as is. This is just to see how others would improve the Empire.
    StoneSky and gladranger7 like this.
  2. I would have the empires update on stand by and 1.9 would be 1st! we wont get as many new members with 1.8 :(
    tuqueque likes this.
  3. I think Aikar is really good at his job to start of with. The features EMC give aren't to be called simple or small, it are high-developed mechanics that improve the gameplay of a SMP alot. Also, Aikar clearly cares about EMC and does everything he can to improve and make things work
    Only downside? I think his watch is behind by a couple Aikartime hours :cool: (Nah... Keep doing what you do Aikar! I can wait long enough) (dragon tombs lol)

Oh, and all give me cookies for my 1000th post :D!

EDIT:
    That kinda is what Aikar is doing :3, some custom features of EMC have to be rewriten to be compatible with 1.9 though which takes a lot of time, because it are alot of high-developed features.
    Patr1cV, gladranger7 and tuqueque like this.
  4. If I were Aikar
    I would give 1.9 the top priority, as it is a way to get new members as gladranger7 said. With this update, I would also try to balance the economy as it is in some sort of recession(enchants). On my Second update I would launch a Pre-release to Empires(so creating groups from now), a minor block protection(saying that there would be a major soon), and probably 1.9 bug fixes. My third update would be Land protection advanced(no land claiming yet). My fourth update would be the full release of Empire with cool features such as multiple "co-leaders", assistants, and other ranks for people, this ranks would have some sort of hopper UI to allow or disallow what people in these ranks can do.

That is my prediction of EMC's next future Major updates
    ForeverMaster0 and gladranger7 like this.
  5. Easy.
    1. 1.9
    2. Make smooth doubles stone slabs obtainable
    3. Anti-griefing
    4. The remaining enraged mobs
    5. Dragon Tombs
    6. Games Server
    7. Empires
    8. Dystopia
    9. Undo the vanilla mini-boss changes
    10. Redo Momentus/Marlix
    11. Ban anybody who has ever burned a stone slab
    12. Upgrade website
    EDIT: Forgot dragon tombs
    EDIT2: Voted 1 because that was an option in general. Never settle for nothing unless it is first.
  6. brother u are my friend! what about undoing that thingy?
  7. What thingy?
    tuqueque likes this.
  8. Welp guys I got banned from StoneSky's rules
    Omegian04 likes this.
  9. Wild teleports, Rupee vaults, keep 1.9 waiting I don't mind at all.
    Dr_Chocolate and TomvanWijnen like this.
  10. add more voting items
  11. In the meantime Aikar reads this and laughs about how simple everyone thinks an update is made :p
    haastregt and TomvanWijnen like this.
  12. I voted 5. He puts pretty cool stuff and I enjoy playing here because of that. The problem is the unreasonable time it takes. Some very big updates that we have wanted for over several years are still not here. They get "very close" and then get pushed aside because something set them back. Overall good content, but takes too long.
    Omegian04, PenguinDJ and SteveClasher like this.