Ideas for Nether!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Otus_NigRum, Sep 29, 2018.

1. I know 1.14 was JUST announced, but come on, after seeing all those awesome new features, bamboo, new cats, pandas, new villagers, Mojang is neglecting the nether!

Ever since the nether was introduced in (I don't even know) there haven't been any big changes, and all nether updates have been pretty spread apart. The only thing we have in the nether is,

1. Fortresses which are incredibly boring now!
    2. Quartz, which is the only reason why anyone goes to the nether
    3. And... lava... and more lava...
    4. Blaze and gold farms!
    Seriously, that isn't that jaw-dropping after you consider the nether being around 6-7 years old!

So, I was just wondering, what would you guys, the community, like for Mojang to add or improve to the nether?

For me, personally:
    1. Demons! These hostile creatures would probably have the same spawn chance as a witch or an enderman in the overworld, and be more common in fortresses. These bad boys would be able to fly, be able to shoot magic and be a nasty danger to players. They would most likely drop new items which could be valuable!
    2. An update on the nether fortress! Yeah, it's been here for a while, and it's getting pretty boring! I feel like they should add another block with the nether brick to make the fortresses more detailed and less bland in colour. Maybe instead of hallways, the fortresses could have mazes, puzzle rooms, and even parkour which would lead to valuable items!
    3. Village Ruins. I know, who wants to build a village in hell right? But maybe, there could be the ruins and old memories of a forgotten village of some sort, which could have hidden treasures and spawn vicious scavengers. Maybe the village thing doesn't make any sense, but even then, ruins of any nature could be added. Maybe some temple ruins?
    4. More mobs. Right now, we only have Pigmen, Ghasts, Blazes, and wither skeletons. So little! Mojang should possibly add some sort of Serpent, or some other beast which would be hostile to the player. They could also add lava creatures. Maybe some sort of lava squid which shoots fire at you if you get to close to the lava lakes?
    5. A new boss? I was always joking around saying maybe Satan, but, alas, I don't think many parents would like that! If not though, maybe there could be some sort of rare dungeon which spawns this beast, maybe a titan of some sort?
    What do you think?
    BrickStrike and ttyler333 like this.
  2. Not any worse than calling the Nether "Hell" in the f3 menu.
  3. It technically is to haha
  4. I was actually thinking about this myself the other day.
    I'm totally for revamping the Nether.

There needs to be a lot added. For one, right now, the Nether is essentially one biome. There is no variety other than the world generated structures that are built. Like come on, there should be plenty of different biomes in the Nether too, like a soul sand desert with dead trees or something, and mountains of obsidian. Part of the problem with that though, is that the Nether is literally filled from 0 to 256 in height with one biome right now.

As for new mobs, yeah, that needs to be added for sure. I think maybe adding a Zombie Pigman Villager mob and having new types of villages with them would be interesting.

More 'ores' like quartz should probably be added to. I don't know, maybe something like sapphires and rubies? I'm not too sure, but something to enhance it. Perhaps if the Zombie Pigman Villager idea goes through, maybe have a new trading gem for them, separate from Emeralds?

I would kind of like to see obsidian tools added, and I know this is a very old idea that's been thrown around a lot, but I think it'd be pretty cool to see. Maybe have it so you need a blaze rod to craft, so you have to go into the Nether to make it?
    607 and Otus_NigRum like this.
  5. Oh, maybe we could find magic staffs in the nether which are hidden deep in fortresses, these would be used like ranged weapons to shoot magic and possibly used for block manipulation
  6. I disagree.

Anyway: I don't think we should get new mobs. New biomes, like brickstrike talked about, sounds very nice though!
  7. I know this is an old thread but
    I think that they should update caves
  8. I think the Nether (or Hell) should be updated, even if it's a slight change. The only times I go in the nether are for netherwart, blazes, or quartz. Of course, if I want to travel the overworld quickly, I just tunnel my way through the netherrack and create a new portal far away.

Other than that, yeah, the Nether seems to be quite, well, dull? Especially once you get all you need, you don't really have much of a reason to go back.
    Otus_NigRum and BrickStrike like this.