Ideas for 1.14!

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by Otus_NigRum, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Oceans are mostly lifeless at the moment as are the skies. Where are the birds and the fish? Parrots aren't birds... they are annoying shoulder rats.

There aren't many types of variations of terrain(biomes?) in the nether, I get we just got some new blocks in the nether but it doesn't really feel like it added much tbh.

Structures are still pretty few and far between, I don't expect minecraft to be littered with structures but maybe some things that are more pleasing to the eye like the mansions.

More bosses, it has been a while since we have gotten a new boss, 1.8 had the elder guardians but that is hardly a wither or ender dragon.

A new realm?

Something that minecraft has needed for the longest: more stairs/slabs of different color variation, bravo to mojang for the concrete(and gtfo with purpur) now let us use that and the terracotta to make stairs/slabs and of course as said before, vertical half slabs and more controllable stairs variants(or even have to craft corner stairs a particular way so that you don't have to rely on them auto connecting at corners in a way you didn't want them to)

dyed/stained wood?

pogo sticks, skate boards and bicycles... for real tho.

Edit: A new ore, or something to mix up mining.
    We3_MPO, aaadam12 and ThaKloned like this.
  2. Well emc did just update and give us new bosses to fight, along with new enraged mobs. Plus the oceans are gonna be filled with more life with 1.13 so no worries about that now. And careful what you say about the birb parrots. Don't want Lucky to see you saying that about them. xD
    We3_MPO, aaadam12 and Gawadrolt like this.
  3. We also need more painting variations, and the ability to choose the type of painting we want.

We also need more weapons, we have had bows and swords ever since minecraft started, and we need a bit of a change, maybe slower heavier hitting weapons like war hammers/axes? Different sword variants, spears, whatever!
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  4. Wasn't there a mod or a modded MC version where they had a new realm in the sky? That would be amazing.
    We3_MPO and Otus_NigRum like this.
  5. Aether mod, yes, old but gold
    We3_MPO and ThaKloned like this.
  6. There are Tridents
    We3_MPO likes this.
  7. That's only one weapon, and they're really difficult to obtain arent they?
  8. Not at all really. I've testing some things in SP on the snapshots and they can be acquired fairly easily. Just have to do alot of manual killing.
    We3_MPO likes this.
  9. I agree man, I remember back when Minecraft 1.0 came out, the game was quite simple. But looking at it's lifespan from 1.0 to 1.12, it's got too many features, many of which, are questionable at best if they actually add any replay value to the game or if they're worthwhile pursuing.

Not to mention the fact that the 1.13 update contains features that the community asked for almost 6 years ago... I hate to say it, but Minecraft is on an uncontrollable downward spiral and will either go out with a bang or a whimper...

If they want to make Minecraft last a little longer, fix the ridiculous combat system so the cooldowns are not so confusing...
    Impulsive_Egg likes this.
  10. I don't find how people are so confused from additions from years ago, and even then there isn't really that much content to get so confused by that you can't play normally again. Unless it's redstone, but that's just redstone.
    aaadam12 and We3_MPO like this.
  11. It's called "fluff". (Though the redstone update was a great addition to the game.)

I think this conversation is border-lining "controversial" status, so I'm going to end it right here... Best keep this thread on topic...
  12. How on earth is this controversial???
  13. Oh, minecraft also should add the option to turn off parrot and nether portal sounds exclusively, both are annoying
  14. SKY CITIES MAYBE???? MIX THE AETHER AND THE OVERWORLD??
    Otus_NigRum likes this.