[IDEAS] FDNY21's Valentine Day Event! [closed]

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by FDNY21, Jan 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maybe a dance of some sort? :p
    Cutest couple competition maybe? xD

Horrible with ideas, I'd just hate to see this cancelled really...
    Good luck anyway c:
    FDNY21 and 607 like this.
  2. Not quite sure yet. I am a GMT player myself, so perhaps between 9-12 Pm, but there is no definite on that :p
    I like the idea of the cutest couple competition actually. Care to expand on it a little bit? :) (example: How the couples will win, what they will be ranked on, etc)
  3. I'm honestly not sure, I didn't really think about that...
    For the ranking how the couple actually look together might be good, how their skins match up if you get what I mean :confused: Or maybe just what people think in general about the two people
    607 and FDNY21 like this.
  4. I just had an idea. Get people to enter themselves and their partner in a private conversation with me and I will add them onto a list. A few days before Valentine's Day I make a thread with a poll with all the couples (or a week, time undecided :p).

On Valentine's Day, or the Saturday (day after) the couples with the most votes (say, top 5 for example) will be added into a random selection for winning the prizes and then chests will be made at one of my residences for them to pick up.. not bad.. what do you think? :) Oh, and if I did do that, how would I split the prizes.. There is only one of my heads and one signed book up for grabs..?
    AliceF3 likes this.
  5. Hm, not to sure about the prizes... I could probably put something in if you wanted to give prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd... The rest of it seems great though. One problem is that there's only.. 2-5 couples on EMC?
    Maybe it could work for friends as well? I mean, like dates just for the event? So there's more people and a little more competition to it
    FDNY21 likes this.
  6. If possible, we could have prizes as follows:
    1st: FDNY21 Signed book
    AliceF3 Signed book (if you are good with that)

2nd: FDNY21 Valentine Head
    AliceF3 Head (if you are good with that also)

3rd:
    I can pay 5k to each of the members in the couple perhaps :)

All of the winners would get 2 FDNY21's Winner tokens and some FDNY21 Valentine Event Roses.
    Reasonable? :p

Oh, and yes, I meant for it to be a silly kind of couple thing. Real couples, couples simply for participation, comedy couples, whatever goes :) We can have Olaf_C partner up with nick5013 for all that it matters! :D I do like the sound of this idea. Thoughts?
    AliceF3 likes this.
  7. Yeah, I'd be good giving my head and a signed book :p *goes to jump of a few cliffs*
    The prizes seem good enough, maybe a small thing simply for participation would be good also?

If it all goes well that could add more things to be judged on? Like you said about comedy there could be a funniest couple and such?

I feel like I'm turning into a bit of a co-host here haha :p
    607 and FDNY21 like this.
  8. Sounds great, maybe I would give one or two roses to each person who takes part also? :p

That could be a good idea. Not sure how we can judge a funniest couple though? Just simply their names, or maybe they have to add a story of how they came to be together in the PM, simply for a joke, or yeah :p That was probably a bad idea, I should rethink that...

Haha, maybe you are a bit xD
    AliceF3 likes this.
  9. The roses could work, yeah, that'd work

Oh gosh a story would be beautiful xD Names could work as well though, maybe even both! The pure fact of how strange the two look could be something to think about too though...?
    If this goes ahead, I'm pretty interested to see how this would turn out now xD
  10. But how would we know if the other one actually wants to be your "date", even if it is just for fun? :3
  11. It would only be one rose each I guess, I have 64 at the minute

Maybe an example of PM format could be:
    Couple Participants- nick5013 and Olaf_C
    Couple Name- Olick
    How we met- Just eating melons one day, and I saw this grandfather clock. I gave him a melon he loved it, so we went to my melon house and I tickled him with a melon. Yeah. This is melon random.

^ I, you, nick and Olaf would have to be involved in that conversation I guess? :p
    I was going to carry on.. but another idea diverted me:

We make a poll site like the Mod Application and the GSA spy application sites. I may possibly be able to do something like that. We have 3 categories, and it would be the nicest, cutest, and funniest couples perhaps. (All couples would have sent a PM to me/you by this.) EMC takes their votes, and on Valentine's Day we draw winners and stuffs. Interested/ideas? :p
  12. Just simply ask someone:
    "@Marlixias Would you like to be in a couple with me for FDNY21's Valentine Event?"
    "From Marlixias: Of course! Invite me to a PM with him, myself and you!"
    "@Marlixias Sounds great, we are gonna be so cute :]"
  13. And it is not all that serious, is it? :3
    FDNY21 likes this.
  14. "@nick5013 melons wanna be my FDNY21 Event date melons?"
    "From nick5013: melons"
    AliceF3 and 607 like this.
  15. (Oh god Olick no xD)
    The PM format looks simple enough, I like it
    The poll site sounds good as well, it'd make the winners more of a surprise/secret :p Different categories is a must as well
    FDNY21 likes this.
  16. niclaf xD
    So current plan:
    Thread made collecting the couples PMs in format shown
    Thread made later with the couples, their nicknames, and their stories, and the link to the poll site
    Once members have read the stories they make their choices on the poll site
    Winners chosen on/day after Valentine's Day

Prizes:
    Nicest: FDNY21 and AliceF3 signed books
    Cutest: FDNY21 and AliceF3 Heads
    Funniest: 5k each

And anyone who participates gets a rose from me, and if you wanted we could add something else, but I will leave that one up to you xD (It is just a re-named rose :p)
  17. (I'll just sit and hope that Olaf and Nick don't enter with each other xD)

I think stories should be optional but recommended, since some may not be able to think of a suitable story.
    Sounds great to me, we should set it up soon-ish so people have enough time to ask and enter...

The prizes sound good enough :p

I could probably find a little something for everyone, first I better get my head and a signed book though -w-'
    FDNY21 likes this.
  18. Would love to participate. Perhaps have a Kissing Booth :p
    FDNY21 likes this.
  19. Looks like we have our idea now, but sure the couples can have a kissing booth! xD
    I like the idea, maybe I can put it up like, tonight? Or almost now xD

I will give you container at my 4th residence on smp1, that is where the prizes will be given out, I am just bringing the stuff over now :)
  20. Put it up whenever you like, as long as it's not like, the day before Valentines day :p

Thanks, I'll probably put my stuff over after Krysyy's Firefloor event
    FDNY21 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.