[IDEA] Observation mode (flying in town)

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by AlexC__, May 19, 2013.

1. This may happen though it wouldlet likely cause lag and othere things. If this was uimplemented it should have a cap on how mmuch you can use a day?
    Eolosti likes this.
  2. Why would it cause lag? its not like people are moving any faster. They only thing thats different is that you could move up and down.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  3. I can only imagine! :D
  4. You do move faster.....
    Eolosti likes this.
  5. Please reread the first post.
  6. May i suggest making player in this new suggest mode invisable and unable to do any kind of intreaction. there for it would cut down on any form of harrasment and flase report of people flying in town

-this way people wouldnt be able to claim of i was in obs mode i didnt have a fly hack.

-hassment of players on their res " if i had people flying around my res while i was work i would be annoyed, i get annoyed when they walk around me while im working" this way if i dont see them no harm no foul
  7. In the first post they said that if this idea was implemented that you would move slower than walking.
    Good Idea. Other people have already suggested that btw. And I think its a great idea.
  8. Yes, it would prevent all forms of interaction (even opening doors, as it could be a door people wouldnt expect people to get to in the first place) and you would be invisible.
  9. Just a suggestion: Maybe have invisibility potions put you into this mode, as they are functionless on EMC otherwise.
    Adderwolf71 likes this.
  10. And only work in town (obviously).
  11. This is a great idea. I hope it's added sometime.
  12. How about possibly if he/she can't open doors, etcetera and interact with items ... Make it so that the person in observation mode could only fly on the sidewalks?

If someone has a residence that is suitable enough to have move on and let people walk around, but has a high wall or areas off limits to general public ... flying over walls is 'in a sense' going around this ability to not interact with items... and he/she could still see areas that are over walls... only way to prevent this is to only allow them to fly over the sidewalks - or to enable the observation perm on a residence to allow them to fly on your residence.
  13. My only concern is a very few players abusing this to cheat at player run games. We have already had a player abuse the disguise during the last special occasion. They became a small mob, hid out of sight and relayed to another player what chest the diamond went into in a guess which chest contains a diamond type game.
  14. So you think to prevent this maybe have observation on a residence toggleable?
  15. With the /res set observe off flag in the OP this isn't a problem :)
    mba2012 likes this.
  16. The problem is, that when you should be invisible, people can not report you, cause they don't see you. Invisible people could do things, without the owner of the res knowing who's doing it.
  17. That wasn't in the op - you have /mode ... same thing though, I suppose ... but I do think setting observe on a res would be helpful ... and that by default it should be off on everyone's reses for precautions (And for the sake fact that If someone wants to observe your res... they should ask - just like how someone would request permission to use your residence in a video)
  18. I, personally, love this idea. I mean, it would be great when building a tall builds to be able to easily check progress by flying instead of annoying dirt pillara. As long as the observing player couldn't pick up items or chat, this is a flawless idea.
    AlexChance likes this.
  19. They wouldn't be able to do things. Observation mode would disable interaction. :)
    Kyle_Tayon, 607 and mba2012 like this.
  20. Cool! Is that possible?