i think i was hacked, id like to reverse some transactions made by hacker

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by lassia, Jan 8, 2013.

1. How do u check that?
  2. Square
  3. This is like fbi!
    PandasEatRamen and Lukas3226 like this.
  4. jkjkjk182 likes this.
  5. mba2012, jkjkjk182 and bonzd67 like this.
  6. Could the hacker have used a proxy, or changed their dynamic IP address?
  7. That sounds quite unlikely.
  8. Yes, but still. I'm not that great with things like that when it comes to hardwear. I know a lot but not much about IP addresses and such. But it may be possible.
  9. Changing your IP address is probably impossible lol
  10. I've heard about it being done ._.
  11. *Dynamic IP. :p
  12. If a hacker used a proxy, they would not have made it the original IP of the user, that is improbable unless the original user used the same proxy normal, which is doubtful.
    No, completely possible.
    shaunwhite1982 likes this.
  13. Changing your IP address is far from impossible. Depending on where you are connecting, it might change normally every day. The lease time (the time you have a single IP) is decided by the person giving out the IP addresses. We commonly don't lease a wifi connection for more than 4 hours (at my work).

Proxies exist and are easy enough to use, same with the changing IP's as said above.

The trick comes in that the individual would have had to change their IP to the same as the player for the logs to remain true, and that is nearly impossible. IP addresses are handed out by parties who only have access to a specific pool of addresses. If my IP is 192.168.1.1 (yes, I realize this is the default private VLAN IP - but is my example) my internet provider might have a range of addresses it can assign from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.255.255. I won't get a 71.24.32.243 IP address ever.

The way a proxy server works is by assigning it's IP address to your traffic. So if my proxy server has 111.123.54.56 as its IP, all of my traffic going through it would have that IP address, no matter what my personal IP address was.

Edit: I see I've been smooched
    Jcplugs, shaunwhite1982 and ISMOOCH like this.
  14. Ha! I was correct. xDD But yes, I've noticed my Hamachi IP address changes monthly. So it must be possible to do manually as well.
  15. I don't too xD Just telling you that :3
  16. Bonz you know that it could be a Family member instead of a hacker.
    Lassia probably "Remembered Password" then a sibling could of not known what MC was and clicked on Login and played on a random server.. Which was EMC.

Or another way is that Lassia could of let a friend/Family Member play on the server on her account while she goes somewhere else in the house leaving the person unsupervised.
  17. Bonzd/Shaun have already established that :)
    jkjkjk182 and bonzd67 like this.
  18. If it's a family member - it is out of our "jurisdiction." There is no way we could possibly know or enforce that.
  19. Pooof.
    AlexChance likes this.