I have been robbed

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by Lucky7777, Mar 13, 2012.

1. And then spent all his rupees on diamonds and then gave them to myself., along with everything else.
    Taarna's story seems legit, but notice the "New Player" He probably just gave them to somebody or is, most likely, lying.
  2. Hi i like pizza :p
    :)
  3. I've reviewed your logs and see no indication you were hacked. All IP's are from the same location.

However, one IP logged in once on March 9th (still your same Geolocation) but has never been seen again.

Did you login your account that day from some new location?

Also, I don't want to go into details to give any bad guys ideas, but there is good reason to not destroy peoples stuff or take everything... :p
    Brennian likes this.
  4. I was thinking the same thing
  5. You say no minecraft had perms and all your chests were locked? This is technically impossible so how did it happen??? Anyway I composed a list of what I think happend.

1. Glitch (this is probably most likely)
    2. Hacks (possible)

These two seem likely but I think I know what happend because both of the these are actually not that likely to happen. I think someone DID NOT hack your res, but someone may have used your minecraft account without you knowing and made you lose all your stuff. This is probably what happend. Make sure no person knows your minecraft password. It is quite possible that your friend used your account and made you lose all your items to troll you. Hope this helps! :D
  6. Hi again.
    I think I know what happened:
    http://empireminecraft.com/threads/griefing-on-my-residence.5217/

Many people say it is impossible yet more and more people complain that they have been robbed.
    Will you call all of us liars?
    Another thread: http://empireminecraft.com/threads/i-think-ive-been-burgled.5241/

I didn't give my password to anyone (I'm not stupid).
    Noone have access to my account.
    The difference in IP might been caused by reseting my router so it connected to a different ISP server (or whatever it is called :) ).

So it looks like there was a breach in security caused by server update. That's why only poeple from smp 5 was robbed.

I'm glad it was just a one time bug (I hope), so it shouldn't happen again.
    I might go back to play some more on this server then :)

Thanks for all the help :)
  7. I would suggest if this happens in the future, sending a detailed report straight to JustinGuy in a private message because:

A) You'll avoid all the people who call you liars because they think it's impossible for the server to have exploits.

B) You'll avoid creating a panic amoungst those who do believe you

C) You'll avoid alerting people who like to use exploits to cause them to search for said exploit

D) JustinGuy really does care about EMC, he's not arrogant and thinks he or the other people involved in making the server are infallible, and he will do his best to identify where the problem is and fix it for the benefit of everyone else. Sometimes it may take a few more incidents to hunt down the problem.
    margaritte likes this.