I Feel Bad. (closed)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ZombieSlayer010, Jul 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. What did I do! what is wrong with my name. I don't want to be your friend either!
  2. There is nothing wrong with your username :)
    He did not like it because of his religion. (Your name has Demon in it). :p
    But we are not going to argue about this ;)
    brickstrike and jkjkjk182 like this.
  3. Why did you create such a thread?
  4. I can tell you, but I will not and be nice.
  5. I don't understand this whole "EMC isn't as fun as it used to be" thing. Of all of my 400 days here i have never witnessed a day that was less fun that any other day. One makes Minecraft fun, other people cant really do that for you. But if you need a friend, i would gladly extend my hand in companionship.
  6. If only you could minner... If only you could
  7. Oh I'll have a /rant sometime.
  8. #/rant
    xI_LIKE_A_PIGx and brickstrike like this.
  9. This thread has gotten downhill I swear
  10. Lol, not one person has suggested something for him to do yet.
    Zombie I knew you back in the day and you seemed pretty happy! :)
  11. No, he said those ponies. To me, he is clearly referring to her .GIF. The rule you quoted earlier is referring to. lets say, someone starting a religious thread, and then another person coming in and saying "god is dum and u sck cuz u belive in him." That is completely against the rules, and that is what the rule is mainly referring to. Lets say that my religion says I can't eat cows. Then I make a thread and someone whose name is IEatCowsAllDayYOLO wanted to be my friend, I likely wouldn't feel comfortable with that so I would politely decline (without referring to religion), just like he did. The only reason he said the word religion was because you tried to label him as rude... He did absolutely nothing wrong. In fact, I would say you are being intolerant of his use of religion to define his comfort zone. I think you are taking what has been said completely in the wrong direction (not on purpose, just as an honest mistake). Look over it again, and I think you will see that he said that while religion was his reason of denying the request, he did not want to state that because he wanted to avoid any conflict:)
  12. He didnt make a thread about religion, now DID he? No. He clearly made a thread about him getting bored of EMC and not having that much friends. In the thread you couldn't TELL he was against demon thunder. Yes, I believe in religions, they are not bad. But did he MAKE a thread about a religion. N to the O. And yes he did do something wrong. When someone asks you to be a friend, you say yes or no. BUT, if its because of religion and your thread is about something different, then it becomes a problem. It was rude if didnt have a religion, with everyone else agreeing, because you start to complain on how you don't have much friends but DENY a person from being your friend. Read everything he written. It WAS about religion. And when you litarily SAY religion, it starts in a HUGE conflict. I am NOT saying religion is bad, I am NOT saying he can't have one, because I don't even know him or even have a power like that, but its a name. I swear, I have seen this multiple times. Its hard to talk about this thread because it has a huge hole, like others agree, and since religion is in the thread now you have to correct what you say, because if you say the WRONG thing you get in trouble.
    xI_LIKE_A_PIGx and brickstrike like this.
  13. Wow guys, come on.
    He asks for help, then you jump on him about the slightest thing, then turn on eachother.
    This right here, is how things get out of hand, threads get locked and punishments dealt with.
  14. +1

He wasn't being rude. He politely said "No Thanks." and gave his reason being DemonThunder's name goes against his religion. He's not comfortable with the name. "It's just a name" yes, but there are names that are inappropriate to some that are ok to others. I've seen three names that I wasn't comfortable with on EMC and I didn't associate with them. He doesn't have to either. Another thing to think on, if it's against his family's religion and his parents see him associating with someone with something they find against their beliefs he could get in trouble. (This has happened). So there's always two sides to every story. He explained his reason and that's it.

As for what to do Zombie, maybe take a break and play something else for a bit, join a wild outpost, create an exploration team to go out and mine/kill mobs, maybe reset your res and work on a big project.
  15. So he rejected demonthunder because the word "demon" is against his religion but his username has "zombie" in it. Is there a huge difference?
    kevdudeman likes this.
  16. No, he didn't. But that doesn't mean that he doesn't have the right to defend himself when he is called out as being rude, for saying "No thanks".

His first sentence is saying that he didn't want to bring up religion. His second sentence is saying that he didn't mean to offend him, but that his name offends him (referring to his first sentence). He did nothing wrong, in fact he was quite polite about how you addressed him.
    He is clearly looking for ideas for something to do on EMC again. The thread is clogged with posts assuming that this about friends because you changed the atmosphere pretty quickly.
    I see no problem.
    He stated nothing about religion until you labeled him as rude, which then he referenced religion in pretty much the slightest way possible. He does not have to put a disclaimer about every little possibility, that would be ridiculous.
    Please show me the rule that says that if one says he doesn't have many/any friends that play online anymore, that he/she must accept every "friend request" that is sent his/her way.
    I did, and without you calling him out about his polite denial of the request, he would likely not have ever mentioned religion, as is apparent in his statements here:
    He is clearly saying that he tried to avoid the topic.
    I don't entirely know what you are going on about in this, but so what that it was a name. Some people are offended by names, some aren't. You have no right to make him look like a horrible person just because he felt offended by a name.
    I don't mean to come off as hostile, but the negative energy being aimed at him and his thread is completely unwarranted.
  17. It confuses me too. But meh? I've seen some others who are pretty religious and love horror games/games where you slaughter stuff.
    xI_LIKE_A_PIGx, wisepsn and jkjkjk182 like this.
  18. This thread has gotten REALLY out of hand. Therefore, I am closing it. Zombieslayer010, the best way to make friends in EMC is to talk to people, but not annoy them. Offer your help to someone in need or just ask someone how their day is going...

As for EMC being boring, you obviously haven;t been playing EMC to its full extent. Go around and investigate all the different servers and ask people if they have any cool res's to look at or games to play. I promise you'll find something pretty neat =)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.