HURRY!

Discussion in 'Writers' Corner' started by Gawadrolt, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Hurrying, Hurrying. They are all hurrying.

Such anticipation, anxiety, drive... worst of all pride. In their hurrying.

They hurried yesterday, today is no different. Tomorrow, more of the same.

Scurrying around believing that they are accomplishing something while everything they touch rots.

Hurry, faster, harder, more efficient.

That is something. Were they not so caught up in their hurrying, the tasks they take so much pride and pain in would be done so much more simply.

Yet, on they hurry. Decaying, dying an agonizing existence. One they will defend with such righteous fervor.

"Don't you want to accomplish anything?" The answer is simple. What really are you asking me? What do you think you have accomplished?

While you hurry, do you think that the next life will be one of reward?

OR... has your hurrying blinded you to the reward which you already possess and chase so frantically, so maddeningly that you waste it?

Hurry, hurry. This life, it will hurry all itself.

This life is the reward, experience it. Dwell in it. Hurrying is not an accomplishment but such a sad excuse to waste this precious reward.

Hurry, hurry to your death and miss this life completely.

No, I don't need your hurrying. I will get to the same place you will but not nearly as fast.

Why would I want to?
  2. This is amazing! Great job and such an important message.
  3. I love this it's amazing!
  4. "People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day"
    ~Winnie The Pooh

I think that fits here :)

Anyway, well done :p
  5. Very well written! We have a talented writer among our midst, I can see :)
    Equinox_Boss and Gawadrolt like this.
  6. wrote this last night in my tent in the 15 degree weather while the traffic over me just kept on going. *giggles*
    Equinox_Boss and Stnywitness like this.

7. One of my very favorite songs. Go to 4:15 and you'll see why. (also the amazing guitar solo before :p)