How to report unknown player?

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by Prof_Strudel, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Red and bold.
  2. Then it's been changed since then anyways we give very clear warning about breaking the rules on Emc.
  3. Ooops, my bad, i didn't even read it, and i visit the wastelands all the time.

Question: When I'm mining out a large area of Mesa (and there is only limited places you find it). If someone has built random netherportals and Iron block beacon pyramids in my way, can I demolish them and leave the resources in a chest for the person? Or should i leave these objects hovering in midair 30 blocks off the ground?

Given it is the 'wastelands' and made for mining, surely people cannot build things to claim areas.And how do you tell what someone's built, and what was there before, and hence what you can mine and not mine?
    607 likes this.
  4. Whether it be a beacon pyramid or dirt shack, if you destroy someones creations without their permission, that is griefing and punishments will be dealt with :)
  5. You cannot destroy any player made structures, and I would personally advise leaving a small flooring surrounding it too. You are free to dig up the natural area though, just be considerate and leave a flooring of some sort and maybe a staircase of dirt up to whatever structures you encounter.
    RainbowChin likes this.
  6. So I entered the wastelands and I got:

The Wastelands are the primary location to harvest resources.
    Please be respectful of others and leave walkable paths
    Do not build structures here as it can be reset without warning!

When I ender the wild I get:

The Frontier is for building large structures and communities
    Please be Respectful and do not mine for resources here.
    Please mine in the Wastelands and keep the Frontier beautiful
    Destroying creations or stealing will result in permanant ban

As you can see, in the wastelands message, there is nothing about griefing/stealing. Just saying. :)
  7. Still, stealing a beacon... it's not like destroying a dirt shack.
  8. Yea.. So basically, the wastelands has become the same as the Frontier, except you can mine it.. even though you can't mine it near where someone has built. It's a very fine line isn't it? The only way to be sure you are not griefing is not to mine anywhere near someone's build area. You never know what a mod will consider 'griefing'

I just think it's a bit of a grey area. What's to stop someone building random crap all around packed ice spikes so no one can mine it? cause mining it might be considered griefing of someones build? I know this is far fetched, but not outside of possibility right?
    B4DMAN5IMON likes this.
  9. Griefing will be griefing, regardless of the structure, what might be worthless to one player could be all another has to build with.
    Wildman1572 and FirstJugBurgerz like this.
  10. With all due respect. You are correct, but the opposite of what you are saying. A Beacon is 1 block, and can easily be rebuilt (though the block itself is expensive). A dirt shack CAN be very complex, and difficult to rebuild, especially if it was built underground.. in the dirt. So, no, it's not like at all, breaking a dirt shack is far more destructive. :)
  11. The rule on griefing is a constant across the server, it is not changed or relaxed in the wasteland or frontier, you are perfectly allowed to mine where you like in both the frontier and waste, as nobody (before Empires :)) can ever "own" a piece of land by simply building on it, so as long as you are considerate of the area and any structures in it, you'll be fine.

As for restricting access through building structures, if you ever come across a player doing this repeatedly, then make sure to report them to the staff, as that certainly is not allowed. Proof here.
  12. It can be a fine line, which is why punishments are handled on a case by case basis.
    Even though players are warned not to build in the wasteland, many players build temporary structures to aid in their mining. Destroying these structures which are clearly player built, such as a dirt shack or pyramid/beacon, is considered griefing and will result in punishment.

Any player reported for griefing natural looking MC terrain around a player built structure in the wasteland will be investigated, but there may not be any punishment if they haven't damaged said structure or committed any other malicious offence, but once again this comes down to staff discretion.

Basically players will always have the ability to report griefing and receive staff assistance in the wasteland, but they shouldn't assume naturally generated terrain will remain safe and protected around their built structures.
  13. I got the beacon and 30 iron blocks back. It is not clear what happened with the other 134 blocks.

I had 5 or 6 signs placed on the beacon and some blocks of the pyramid reading
    "property of sellshop", "do not steal" and similar - apparently this did not help much.

I guess this was not griefing, just plain stealing.

I think I'll collect at least the beacon and hide the pyramid better in the future.

If you find my beacon in wastelands, feel free to mine near it,
    but please leave at least a small platform and a safe path (staircase) to it,
    so I can easily collect it.
    607 likes this.
  14. .
    [/FONT]
    I don't know if that is always true. There are groups that clean up the empire frontier by clearing up dirt pillars, random cobble blocks, left tree tops, et cetera. Even while it's very clear that they are player-build
    NZScruffy likes this.
  15. Yea, see that's the problem i recon. You can't really clean things up, as technically, it's griefing. :) I had big plans to tidy stuff up, build roads, finish unfinished works. But can't do any of that, as there is random stuff built all over the place lol. And I dun wanna get banned because i altered something I shouldn't..

I think, unfortunately, we can't really clean up the wild, it's not meant to be nice looking, it's a playground of random doodling.

When I first joined EMC, and entered the wild I was a little shocked that all this random crap was there, or the land was so dug up. But now I realise, it's because people don't want to get banned for griefing by altering what has been built.
    607 likes this.
  16. That's for the cobble structures and/or dirt shacks.
    As far as random holes/dirt towers, its because most people really don't care, they'd rather pursue their own interests, (Adam Smith would be proud) and thus won't really help clean up the spawn areas, especially considering that it'll get worse very quickly.