how to install mods

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by RickyAndrea9, Dec 16, 2016.

?

do you know how to install mods?

yes 7 vote(s) 87.5%
i dont know, never tried 1 vote(s) 12.5%
no 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. so`idk how to install mods and i need a little bit of help, so can 1 of you tell me how 2 do it pls?

*if it helps i want the world downloader for liteloader*

-Ricky
    ShelLuser likes this.
  2. In order to install a mod (just realized, in windowns), you first need to find your world folder, you can do that by pressign the windowns key along with "R", and you type in %appdata% and press enter. than you go to the .minecraft folder, and than to the folder "mods",
    Inside this folder, you make a new folder called the version of minecraft that mods are in (so I think that whould be "1.11") after you've done that, you first place all mods that are using liteloader in it, after aftar that liteloader itselve and make it run, do do that, double click it, after that klick at "instal client" and than at "ok" after that, you do exactly the same with forge, and, if you want to, you can after all of that add optifine :)
  3. Super easy. You take the world downloader.litemod file and you drop it into the 'mods' folder within your .minecraft folder. That's all. (In your browser type %appdata% then enter to find the folder)
    607 likes this.
  4. Oh, the mod has to be in the version folder in the mods folder (specifically for liteloader). For forge mods, it is just put into the mods folder. I hope this helps!
  5. Doesn't need to be in version folder. I have all mine in just the 'mod' folder and they all work fine:
    607 likes this.
  6. oh, now I see it, are we actually allowed to use voxelsniper on emc (or run with it?)?
  7. so i NEED forge?
  8. Not sure what sniper is. I use the minimap. The radar is disabled by the server.

Not for world downloader.
  9. nope, you don't, but if you want to have some forge mods on it, I mean, I'm running an about 15 mids :p
  10. nice :) thanks for the help!
  11. (Just saw this thread and thought I'd say it doesn't work like this for mac, anyone willing to write about that?)
    Just a note:
    To get to your minecraft folder, you can do it a different way. I'm saying this because I also use a Windows desktop occasionally, and Cortana doesn't let me search.
    Right, the steps.
    Step 1:
    Open minecraft launcher.
    Step 2:
    Click edit profile.
    Step 3:
    Click "Open game dir" (or something like that)

You are now in your minecraft folder! It's easier- well, I find it is- to do it this way and you can keep the.... umm... files? Well, you can keep that window open without using minecraft launcher, so feel free to exit out of that.
    So in this case, download forge, mods and make the folder etc.
    Vortixin likes this.
  12. Maybe there is an older way of installing mods but this is how I installed everything you see in the image I posted.

First off I run Liteloader + Forge since some mods need forge and others don't.

First step is what version are you going to be running? Let's use 1.11. Run your client in vanilla 1.11 to download that version if you don't already have it. Once it's launched. Close the game. Now double click on Forge 1.11 version and install it. Next you double click liteloader 1.11 version and in the drop down menu at the top choose '1.11 forge' and click install.

Now all you do it drop every mod into your mod folder and boot the game up. That's all you need to do and everything works fine. (Just note that damage indicators mod doesn't seem to work on EMC. At least it doesn't for me. Keeps crashing game after being killed.)

But this is just if you have mods that need forge & liteloader.

For just liteloader, you install it normally and drop mods in the 'mods' folder.
  13. is liteloader a forge product?
  14. liteloader and forge are 2 different mod handlers.
    607 likes this.
  15. Forge is just the modloader that I use.
  16. Ya forge is for the heavy duty mods.
  17. Might want to rename the title as it looks like it's telling you how to install mods.

The thread is also in the wrong section.
    607 likes this.