How hot and cold have you experienced indoors?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by We3_MPO, Apr 17, 2018.

1. I'm curious about this. Please specify whether you mean Fahrenheit or Celsius, however.

For me, the coldest I've experienced inside a building that I know of was 63F (that was actually today!) because my dad forgot to put wood in the stove last night/early this morning before we went to bed (yes, it IS a Spring frost, and they're terrible IMO).

The hottest I've knowingly experienced in a building was 81F in a friend's house last month, because their wood stove was actually burning too hot.

However, I have been in a vehicle (back in 2016) without a temperature reading, but we cooled it off a bunch to cure the nausea from the fair I didn't have a fun time at (I haven't gone since! lol), and when I go to my grandma's basement to play on Cool Math Games if I'm at her house it feels pretty chilly (not measured though) there too, and my 63F indoor record low didn't feel nearly as cold as either of those things (and the other two were truly uncomfortable, but the 63F wasn't). I do know of people who have had their houses as low as 58F if their heat shut off during wintertime, and considering that the 63F indoors didn't really bother me and 58F outdoors doesn't either, I feel like that basement and cold vehicle might (but no way to know for sure) have been colder than that.
    607 likes this.
  2. (Fahrenheit) I've worked in an attic during the middle of the day in the south doing plumbing work (with a blowtorch mind you). my company had a rule for that where we had to have a person on the ground on standby and could only work 10 minutes max before switching off. temperatures easily got in the 130's with the torch on.

I've also fallen asleep in a mcdonalds freezer while i was working so thats ummm -15ish?
    607, TomvanWijnen and We3_MPO like this.
  3. Are you kidding?! If not, that sounds very harsh and even quite dangerous!
  4. thats why tradespeople make the money they do. usually dangerous conditions
    607 and We3_MPO like this.
  5. -10f on a bank clock on a walk home for the low. For the high, I’m not sure what the temp was, but I had blisters on my ears afterwards, so it was up there.
  6. Worked at a pretzel shop for 3 years, usually putting stuff in an pulling them out of the oven. Those ovens ran at about 600 degrees Fahrenheit (gotta cook em fast), the air near them averaged about 100, max I ever recorded was 132 on a really busy day, when the ovens were constantly opening and closing to keep up with the orders. That was pretty manageable, though, because I could step away fairly often to drink something cold to cool me off.

Coldest is in the freezer where I work now, and get to do lots of stocking and inventory checking in there. That one is a pretty regular -15 degrees Fahrenheit. I'll also frequently spend hours in the 30-degree soda cooler. It's actually my favorite part of the job, because I get to play some music while I work and not talk to people.
    We3_MPO, Sydney4363 and TomvanWijnen like this.
  7. (Fahrenheit) Never really recorded temperatures but I'd say lowest is 25-ish degrees, which was a walk-in freezer, and highest would be 80-ish degrees whenever someone's cooking up something in the kitchen due to the fact that our kitchen is right next to our living room & the hot air will come into the living room.
    We3_MPO likes this.
  8. 17.2° Celsius? That doesn't seem that low. :p Sometimes when I'd forget to turn on the heating at my parental home, it was between 16 and 17 degrees. Yes, it's cold... but it's okay, as long as you are bright enough to put on some more clothes.
    I don't know what's the highest I've experienced, but I think it'll be quite low. I guess it'll be the attic in summer. I don't know how hot that gets, though. Perhaps 21-23° Celsius? There's usually not a thermometer in the attic. :p
    We3_MPO likes this.