How does your Desk look like? Post a Pic of your Desk!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Grasshppper, Sep 30, 2012.

1. LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWLLLLLLLLLLLLL YOU MADE ME DIE OF LAUGHTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    No Really I'm sending you my Hospital Bill.
  2. You guys are welcome for the laughs anytime if you want more laughs just tell me :)
  3. Guys in nz that is $3000 and tht is cheap here for a laptop with that power :)
    Here a laptop like that is $4000+
  4. I don't want a war
  5. How can you say that?
    Look at this junk:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834100228 its costs ~$1200. And thats a "budget" Mac.
    Now look at this:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834230404 Same price as above.
    So much more power. Better everything.
    My laptop boots up in under 5 seconds. It cost me ~$350. My $350 laptop has more power and a better screen than a $1200 Macbook Pro. 1200-350=850. Lets say that i buy a new OS (professional, of course) at $140.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832416552 (Not getting that over 7)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116992
    850/140= ~6 operating systems. So, i can get a laptop that is more powerful in every way, and put 6 new OS's on it for less than the cost of a budget Macbook Pro.
    ... And return it to the store, go to newegg.com (or another reputable laptop/pc part dealer), and spend less to get more.
    Look at:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-Eliteboo...77098720?pt=Laptops_Nov05&hash=item43b3aa69e0 That is real power.
    I owned one of them. Gave me 500+ frames in MC. Could play Fallout at ultra, and BFBC2 at ultra.
    My eyes can seen at a better resolution than that, and you know what looks absolutely amazing? The money (in my hands) that i saved by not going the Mac route. You cant beat the resolution of saving money by going the PC route.
    You have no idea how ridiculous that sounds. My $350 laptop can beat out a $1200 Macbook Pro. My ~$450 desktop (company liquidation sale. It was brand new, in the box. Foolish boss!) can outperform a $3174 Mac Pro (with specs as close as i could get them. Yet the Mac Pro is still very much lacking in processor and videocard, and pretty much everywhere else). Thats pretty sad. My CPU could DESTROY any iMac CPU.
    EatIt.PNG
    So yeah. This isnt all against you, it is against everyone who thinks that Macs are actually worth it. While they can be powerful, the $/[Power] is extremely high compared to custom built desktop or a good gaming laptop.

Ok, now /end rant:p
  6. This is my "desk"

The things in the small rectangle boxes are this:

Edit: And given the picture here, I'm sure you can guess what those books are beneath the laptop and in the big blue thing and we have another bigger blue thing full as well.
  7. My desk is so clean. :)
    (All the junk goes on the other desk) :p
    marknaaijer likes this.
  8. Haha, I see the differences between desks are big.... :O
    Jakres likes this.
  9. Macs are epic and have lots of ram making them good for minecraft
    mba2012 and Jimbonothing64 like this.
  10. I don't think you can play games like MW3 on a Mac.
  11. I priced a Mac and with as much as it costs I could pretty much pay my rent for 7 months.
  12. Im not a pro gamer, Im actually a creative pro so I do alot of photoshop and other things. Macs seem to be better for that.
    Jimbonothing64 likes this.
  13. Hahahaha, price comparing.... -_-
    Jakres and jaqiefox like this.
  14. That sinking feeling when..
    ..you relise you have that old empty fish tank still on your desk :)
  15. That much is definitely true, but things are getting better on the PC side of software for that.
    That, and the mac hardware itself is what's expensive, with a single device you can run MacOS on compatible PC hardware and make a "hackintosh" for dirt cheap with the same hardware compared. "USB mac EFI" will do it. The software for the mac for editing is what is better, not the mac itself. It's basically their "killer ap" (google the term) which has always been what keeps apple computers (before the iphone and all the new jaz) afloat.

Don't get my wrong, mac hardware is pretty good stuff, you just really overpay for it. That apple logo is very expensive. This goes in the same category as alienware, for a different reason. alienware has bling factor, which I personally do not like but many love, and that is what keeps them popular, not their gaming prowess (which is also quite good but can be had far cheaper elsewhere). If I had a whole ton of money, I would get a black macbook pro and load *nix onto it because I like the style of the hardware, but again it's so expensive that unless I get rich I will always find the best bang for the buck somewhere else.
    prof_genius likes this.
  16. A hakintosh is a very hard thing to make....
    SO MANY DRIVERS :(
    But it's worth it if you really want osx.
  17. You're doing it wrong if you need drivers for it.

Quite simply, buy hardware that is already in a mac and the drivers will be on the OS already.
    Jimbonothing64 likes this.
  18. Yea I know but to make one from scratch is hard (I know what you are saying)
    Y
  19. This comment could be taken seriously, so i suggest adding in "/ sarcasm" in grey text.
  20. man I never figured some people are aooo stupid because they buy 1700 dollar macs because they think macs are the best. You ignorant fools, LOOK around you. Every computer is as good as a Mac now. The specs are almost the same on a 450 laptop from HP lol get your facts straight.