Highschool Advice?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Kledoe, Aug 3, 2015.

1. I skipped over middle school ._.
  2. I accidentally cut class on my first day. So don't do that.
  3. High School Advice (if you live in the U.S.):

1) Don't get into drugs, alcohol, or smoking even if your friends are.
    2) Start thinking about what you want to do with your life, like what career you may want or don't want, etc and plan accordingly. This may or may not involve getting good grades or getting early college credit.
    3) Use the resources at your school. There are probably resources available in the library to help you learn how to study better. Ask your librarian or teachers for help with this.
    4) Keep repeating step #1 over and over til it sticks in your head nice and good.
  4. Great first impression :D
    With one of my teachers last year, I made a hole in the wall on the first day of school... I walked in, swung the door open, and there happened to be no doorstop =P

Edit: Moral of the story is to NOT do that. ;)
  5. Thanks. I also know not to do any drugs and bad stuff ever since kindergarden xD
    Shyguy_1 likes this.
  6. You put a hole in the wall lmao. I'll make sure to not swing the door open xD
    Shyguy_1 and TsuriNeko like this.
  7. yeah but you'd be surprised the amount of crazy stuff you can get talked into during high school. that's all i'm sayin'.

i never thought i'd be talked into standing on top of a moving car while a drunk friend drove it down the road in front of my house and yet there i was... until i faceplanted into the concrete.
  8. 2 words.
    Don't. Procrastinate.
    BlinkyBinky and TomvanWijnen like this.
  9. I had and still have free time to play video games with AP classes for my last 3 years...
  10. Never Procrastinate. EVER. Not even studying. Keep your grades high so you can get into an awesome college and be applicable for more scholarships. If you're smart try testing out of some classes and maybe dual enroll. Don't put up with peoples petty crap and their drama - if they want to bring it into your life then walk away and tell them you want no part in it. Friends are cool to have but don't take too much of it to heart, they come and go, and most likely you won't hear from any of them after high school anyways. Whatever you do, just be you. Even if it's the most miserable time in your life - you can look back and smile remembering how you were the person you wanted to be instead of the person who was shaped around what was 'cool'. That's about it. High School is a good determining factor of how you will do in college and it's important that you create good habits when the stakes are lower.
    ChickenDice likes this.
  11. Tip to not procrastinate:
    Do NOT use a computer which has games or many functions or else you kinda just lose track of time... for a while.
    Monster_ likes this.
  12. Well evidently you go to a different school than I do... =P

I can't say I don't envy the amount of work you need to do haha.
    ChickenDice likes this.
  13. Thanks for the help guys (Sorry for the late reply)
    I just don't want to go to school and not be organized so I would like some organazation tips :|
    *I know NOT to have the 'Everything Folder'*
    Shyguy_1 likes this.
  14. If you're planning on going to a distinguished four-year college, I recommend that you:

a. Do your homework everyday — IMHO, this is one of the most important. I have seen many others learn the hard way; that extra 5-15% can make or break your GPA. Also, homework is meant for you to re-establish your knowledge, and generally does. If it doesn't, give yourself some!

b. Participate in extracurricular activities — Even if a student has a 4.8 and got a 2400 on the SAT, colleges like to see diverse candidates, not someone who just sits in a library 23/7, because you've got to sleep.. you know? If community service is your slice of cake, then I recommend that you do all, or most of your hours for a single organization; admission boards like dedication.

c. Know the time and place for social activities — Unless you power through all of your work during your breaks and lunch hour, you're going to have homework. Don't party all night, or stay out until too late, because you'll come home and rather sleep than do that boring homework.

d. Test the waters— Don't be afraid to try new things. Many people take a sport or language in middle school. In high school, there are an insurmountable amount of options. In the first two months, clubs are welcome to newcomers coming with in-order to see if it piques their interest.

e. Exercise — This is probably my most recommended thing in the list, although that isn't to say that the others are insignificant. This can be interpreted in many different ways, whether it be doing the 30-day plank challenge every month, running 10 kilos two days a week, or doing your ShakeWeight for 15 minutes every morning. By exercising on a routine, it builds strong self-discipline, making it easier to take action, rather than procrastinate.

f. Chase your dreams — Ever wanted to go to Japan? Want to study fashion in Italy? Have you ever wanted to speak German fluently? Try studying abroad! Don't be afraid to talk to your parents, because odds are, if you take the initiative, they will support your to the fullest.

g. Have fun — You need to enjoy your last years of being pampered! No rent (hopefully), free food, and a plethora of one-in-a-lifetime opportunities! Becoming depressed in high school is not recommended, and can start affecting your grades, not to mention your demeanor.

tl;dr — Enjoy school, take the initiative, and stay focused!

If you'd like to know more, feel free to send me a Private Message! I have first-hand experience as an exchange student, so if you have any questions, please ask!