Highschool Advice?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Kledoe, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Developing good study habits will help you later on if you plan to go on to College / University. However, high school isn't as scary as the teachers make it out to be. It's just, as others have mentioned, going to be a bit more work than middle school probably was. Just make sure you do your homework before hopping on to EMC and you'll be fine :)

Also, don't be afraid to try joining clubs or other social activities. That's the best way to meet new people in high school. Some of my best memories are from the time I spent doing such things :) You'd really be missing out if you didn't at least try to get involved in something, IMO! The worst that could happen is that you decide you don't like it, and you can always opt out of going back.

Best of luck!
  2. I suggest doing ROTC if you have that in your school, looks great on college and job applications. Other than that, your freshman year you should definitely focus on schoolwork rather than friends, definitely try to make some but it shouldn't be your priority for this year.
    bitemenow15 likes this.
  3. Don't take AP US Government. It is EVIL. EEEVVVIIILLLLLL!!!11!!2!@one!

Seriously though. Horrible class. Oh, and join the marching band!
  4. Don't be me and do this ( seriously )

5. I don't take any AP classes, I already got kicked out of Living Enviroment for not passing with an 80 in 8th grade in the 2nd quarter.

I'm in orchestra and chorus already :)
    Shyguy_1 likes this.
  6. I'd never do that but thank you for that awesome advice and picture xD
    Shyguy_1 and Gawadrolt like this.
  7. So true.
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  8. Anyone have advice for like how to efficently complete homework? I usually listen to music which helps.
    Shyguy_1 likes this.
  9. I like staying in a quiet room with a device to help me look up the answers (at my school they give websites to get the answers). Listening to music is fine as long as you can focus.

There's really no way to efficiently finish homework without the knowledge or resource with the answer..

Btw: I'm not in highschool yet but my school sure seems like it...2 hours of homework each day....
  10. this is the purpose of highschool.

my tip is this, get to know everyone in your class and everyone in the top class until you are the top class, dont gotta be popular or liked by everyone but they should know your name
    Gawadrolt and Defne_The_Boss like this.
  11. Last year I went into a class thinking it was mine and then halfway through I realized it wasn't...
  12. Try listening to "The Drift" or "blu"
  13. that explains a lot there madfate :p
  14. Never heard of it. I listen to other types of music.
    Shyguy_1 likes this.
  15. Shyguy_1 likes this.
  16. There is a lot of people that are suggesting planning everything out. Here is the thing, going into high school you have no idea what you are getting into. Every school is different and everyones experience is different. Go in with wander and curiosity. I spent a lot my time in high school goofing off and making awesome friends. Study was never a part of my vocabulary and I had an almost perfect GPA in "Advance placement" classes and was a part of several clubs, none of which I devoted myself to completely. Be flexible and curious is probably the best advice I can give you.

I went to SEVERAL different high schools due to my family moving around and not a single one of them were comparable to the other. Also, thanks to going to all those different schools there was different graduation requirements and the last high school I was at told me that because I didn't have certain classes I would have to stay an extra year(this wasn't even my last year of high school) so I went and got my GED and was in college before anyone in my class. I never skipped a year except my last in a way.

Tl;dr don't sweat it and as far as getting bullied, YOU got to stop that. Other people being jerks isn't ever going to stop no matter how old you get. Not everyone is a jerk though so don't surround yourself with those people. I hope your high school experience is as memorable and fun as mine was.

Edit: I did horrible in middle school in just about every aspect you can think of, homework, grades, socially. Don't let middle school be a template for your future ;-) Learn from it and move forward.
    Pab10S likes this.
  17. Hahahaha two hours
    I had no time to play minecraft at all last year, and that was freshman year.
    As far as music goes, I use spotify's deep focus thing. I don't know how well it works for anyone else but I certainly like it. If you're allowed to take out your phone in class I suggest the app myHomework. It worked much better than an agenda book.
  18. 2 hours for a 6th grader :p
  19. I managed to be that guy in middle school who would do all his work in class =P My middle school classes were not very challenging, can't say the same about all of my high school classes though.