[Help] Mojang to Microsoft Migration

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by Equinox_Boss, Mar 31, 2022.

1. Hello all,

The TLDR of this is that I bought this Minecraft account about a decade ago with a friend's email address and I currently have no contact with this friend (it was middle school) or the email account.

Microsoft is now forcing me to migrate my Minecraft account and I can't get past the email verification due to the reason stated above. If anyone knows a way to either bypass this and play Minecraft with my Mojang account or actually migrate my account once and for all, please let me know!!

Sorry if this is an easy or dumb question, been a while!

Cheers
    EB

P.S. could someone confirm that my reses are still alive? there should be 4 of them. if they are gone then this is for naught xD
    Nickblockmaster and 607 like this.
  2. Hey Equinox!

Have you attempted to reset the email? I know that years ago I was able to successfully switch the email connected to my account from my dad's email to mine without his involvement.

Your four residences are still around. You may want to reach out to senior staff at pmss.emc.gs and request temporary derelict protection while you get your account situation figured out. :)

As far as ways to get around it (other than resetting the email) I'm not really sure. I know that the support team is not always super helpful, but it may be worth a try if any other solutions don't work.

If all else fails, you could purchase a new account and have SS transfer everything from your old account to the new one.
  3. Hi Moople,

This is very useful. I will try what you have suggested. Also, as far as I remember, I can keep my reses if I vote at least once a month? Thanks for checking in about that for me.
  4. Voting only resets the derelict counter for 7 days. So you’d have to vote once a week. The once a month derelict counter is if you log in once a month.
  5. Have you tried looking for your long-lost friend? :D
  6. I found him, he didn’t have access to the email any more either 🥺
    Nickblockmaster and 607 like this.
  7. Without access to the original email it was signed up with, you won't be able to recover your account. If you happen to have the receipt (which is likely in the original email) that would work in recovering it, but otherwise, you'll need to buy another MC account. I was in a similar situation as you are now. I lost two legacy accounts to the migration process. When I created them a decade ago I was using a lot of burner emails so over time after they became irrelevant and I forgot about them. As Moople has mentioned, reach out to a senior staff member and they'll be accommodating in helping you with derelict protection. Elfin helped me twice with this. Once when my motherboard failed on my PC and I was gone for like two months, and the other when I was going through the account transfer process from my previous legacy account to this one.

Goodluck in your retrieval.
    Equinox_Boss, Nickblockmaster and 607 like this.
  8. I'm confused because my brother changed his email without having access to it... yet it seems like other people cannot? :confused:
    I did also have to get a confirmation code from my email actually, when I migrated just now... I guess he got lucky. o.(o) I'll ask him again about it.
    Equinox_Boss and Nickblockmaster like this.
  9. On an unrelated note... finally someone I remember from 10 years ago.
    Equinox_Boss and UltiPig like this.