Help me choose my next map!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ItsMeMatheus, Sep 22, 2017.

1. Hey all,

As some of you might know, I like making map art (Like the flags in the Empire Flag shop. I made some of those too, like the Spain, Mexico and Pirate flags and the Thanksgiving card!) and I want to make a new one. I'm out of ideas, however, so I'd love to hear your suggestions!
    Some things to consider:
    • The map is 128x128 blocks, so it has limited detailing;
    • The image is a square, so it must be something that looks nice inside a square;
    • I'm not looking for country flag suggestions, looking for something like a logo, a game image, something like that (but not necessarily those two things).
    Some examples of my art:

Halloween 2014

Christmas 2014

Cow Hockey Stadium at 3015
    607 likes this.
  2. A cute wolf face! :D with a snow covered background, with some Christmas stuff on it. I'll make a makeshift BP when i get home from work Lol
    ItsMeMatheus likes this.
  3. What about some Halloween or Christmas cards?
    ItsMeMatheus likes this.
  4. Like the ones in the examples? :p
    Already made those, looking for something different
  5. Maybe emc logo? The gold block one*
    ItsMeMatheus likes this.
  6. a duck!
    ItsMeMatheus likes this.
  7. Was looking for something more "real life"

This is a great idea. I love ATLA
    Was one of my first ideas (obviously), but I couldn't think of a good duck "poster"
    Qkazooo likes this.
  8. I've thought about doing map art for some of my favorite album covers to hang on the wall in my house. Do you basically just do some wool art in a 128x128 square and then walk over it with an empty map?
    ItsMeMatheus likes this.
  9. emc.gs/mapart is how I make it. Almost like what you said, but with a few technical changes.
    Album covers is a great idea as well
  10. Got some progress on the Avatar map :) (colors are weird, just wanted to get the design done)

I plan on building the ideas I like the most on Single Player and I will try to build all of them on EMC later. If you wish to help me, please sell me wool blocks - see this thread for more info.
    607, Tah2 and AncientTower like this.
  11. Will they be open for people to buy?
    ItsMeMatheus likes this.
  12. Probably, yeah. No promises tho
  13. how about you just make actual art pieces like the mona lisa
    607, UltiPig and ItsMeMatheus like this.
  14. Interesting, but I'd have to go for "square" pieces, and those are not common lol
    I'll definitely spend some time looking some up tho
  15. Obviously you should make something Doctor Who related, or maybe DUCKtor Who ;)
    607, ItsMeMatheus and Tah2 like this.
  16. That reminds me of something I made a couple years ago but never got the chance to do anything with it

It's unfinished, but I finally got a chance to show it to you lol
    607, UltiPig, Tah2 and 1 other person like this.
  17. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It's BEAUTIFUL!
    Tah2 likes this.

18. First one is done, pretty happy with the outcome. Unsure if it'll make it to EMC.
    607 and Tah2 like this.