Having trouble getting my shop added to /shop rotation

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by Gramercy, Sep 6, 2017.

1. I checked both guides and couldn't find my answers (the "Creating Player Shops" and "Buying/Selling with Player Shops").

--Can I make the location where people teleport in to visit my residence different from /home? (if they use /v 14272 )

--How do I add the above location to the rotation for /shop ? And, is this the same as /v +shop ?

Two players have helped me so far - the first one gave me a command which I did not write down. The second player gave me the command /res tag add shop. Neither has seemed to be successful, although maybe I am testing it wrong.

Thanks!
    JDHallows likes this.
  2. You can change the residence spawn position with /res tpset.

/res tag add shop should work, it will put your residence into the cycle of res' doing /shop. You can check what tags are on your res by doing /res tag list.
    JDHallows likes this.
  3. As just a regular member I believe you get 1 free tag other than your /home...

Make your /home your tp spot were people will tp to your shop... /res tpset Then add your free tag location to were you would like to tp to on your res.. /res loc Indigo set Then all you would do is type /home indigo and only you could tp to that spot.. Unless you let the world know what name you tagged as your tp location.
  4. Ok, Thanks all ... I think I get it ... so:

1) Stand in front of my shop, then do /res tpset. (now /home will default here)
    2) /res add tag shop, this merely puts my residence on the /shop list. If chosen randomly, the visitor will appear at my default /home location.

After that, it looks like I have 1 free Residence Tag remaining (since I used 1 above), and 1 free Residence Location.

Thanks again for the quick replies,

Gramercy
  5. I spot some confusing here...

Tags are basically alternative names which you can give to your residence. 'shop' is often used to denote shops, if players use /v +shop (= go to a random residence which has the 'shop' tag applied) then there's a chance they'll land on yours. As hinted: tags can be shared by multiple residences. But if you have specific ones then that's usually a safe way to mark your own setup. For example I also use 'shell' as tag, so that some players can use /v +shell.

The other thing which people hinted at are named locations. You can give a name to certain places on your residences, so that you can directly teleport there. For example: /res tpset sets the spawn point of your residence (the place where players land when they do /v <your res. number> and where you'll land when you do /home. But you can add a "second" location. For example: when I do /home I end up in front of my residence; yet when I do /home storage I end up in... you probably guessed it. You can create such a named location using /res loc add <name> where 'name' is the name you want to use. In my example above I once used /res loc add storage.

Note: all those commands check everything. The direction you look at, the location you are, etc. So if you stare upwards while using /res tpset or /res loc add <name> then any player who visits will also suddenly look upwards. You may want to keep that in mind.

And now for something more fun... You can also combine tags + named locations. Assuming the used tag points to your res. For example: a friend of mine always uses: /v +shell storage, to go directly to my storage instead of using /v shelluser storage. (or /v 3544 storage).

Limits apply: regular players have 1 named location and 3 or so tags which they can use (from the top of my mind, the links were mentioned above iirc).

Now, at the risk of making this even more complicated but... You can also assign a tag to a named location.

So if you want to land in your storage when you do /home (for example) you'd use /res tpset while in your storage. The downside to this is that everyone would now land there. So you could consider adding a named location called "shop" (as explained above) then telling everyone that they should use: /v <your name or res. number> shop. Now you land in your storage, players land in the shop.

But normally that doesn't work for tags: a tag is basically an alternative name for your residence (as explained above). But... you can create a 'link': /res tag add <tag name> <named location name>. This will tell the system that whenever someone uses "tag name" to visit your residence they should be moved to the named location (use /res loc list to list all assigned location names).

So to use the previous example where you have the named location "shop" set up, then you could consider doing: /res tag add shop shop (I know how confusing this could look). So you'd add a tag called 'shop' and you let it point to the named location called 'shop' which you set earlier (as explained above).

This would result in you landing in your storage when you do /home, players are told to use /v <your name> shop to visit your shop and if someone lands on your res. after using /v +shop they'd also land in your shop.

Hope this can also give you some ideas.