Halp - My Wild Base Disappeared?!

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by cnquast, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Try xfire to record your game its free and is a great chat client :D
    thecontroller likes this.
  2. I warned all of you on that thred, don't put ideas into people's mind , stupid apocolips ####
  3. Hakers :p ?
  4. I actually took 2 evenings late last year to find and test "all" available screen recording software. The most important lesson I learned is whether a software works depends on your hard- and software. There is no recorder out there that just always works.

I was looking for 1080p25 or 1080p30, with sound, OpenGL (Minecraft), XP64, demo version available or free. I don't remember which one actually worked, but most did not. A couple of weeks later I updated (parallel-installed) to Win7-64 (I needed a graphics driver feature that is not available in the NVIDIA drivers on XP). Luckily I didn't buy the recorder, because it did not work in that environment. But here Bandicam works well. (No I did not retest them all. Just Fraps (created files I could not edit without losing audio sync) and Bandicam.)

BTW: Not just test recording, always test editing the files, too. Even if you don't plan on doing some fancy editing, you always want to be able to trim beginning and end, or cut out the phone call with your boss in the middle ;)
  5. Please please please PLEASE(!!!!!!) don't get Alienware! I bought one and they bone you big time. Go to ibuypower.com. They make the computers from scratch, an you can customize them a ton! They are also much cheaper than Alienware. Their cases even look like Alienware cases, but just more variety.
    sagem4tt likes this.
  6. Yep build your own far cheaper and you get a better pc
    margaritte and imBobertRobert like this.
  7. but the good thing is they sell it at practically wholesale, so you only are paying for the parts and the service, not the name brand. its like driving to a target really far away to get clothes that are way cheaper, verses getting clothes at a designer store at about half the distance. the clothes are also the same.
    sagem4tt likes this.
  8. i'll think about it thx can u guys help me choose something im a bit of a noob http://empireminecraft.com/threads/what-type-of-gaming-computer-should-i-get.6776/
  9. honestly i have no clue. im saving up my money (hoping i can get a job to ease the strain on my wallet too) and then im gonna go all out, 64 gigs of ram, 2 nvidea cards, 2-2tb hard drives, 2 drives both blue-ray, 2 monitors, an epic keyboard, liquid cooling, 2x liquid cooling fans, heat control via little console, and 6x i7 intel cards. thats about 7,000 bucks so i need to save... a LOT.
  10. holy crap
  11. I laughed like a fool when I saw the pig in the fire pit LOLOL
  12. if im not mistake you have to be careful with what os you choose because windows can only pick up so much ram http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...=vs.85).aspx#physical_memory_limits_windows_7
    imBobertRobert likes this.
  13. Yeh with some military motherboard xD
  14. sagem4tt likes this.
  15. Yeah 32 bit windows only supports up to 4gb RAM, anything else is literally just a waste. You need 64 bit to take advantage of higher ram amounts. Unfortunately this is not widely known by everyone, and people continue to place large amounts of RAM in a 32 bit system and wonder why there is no improvement in performance. :)
    EdmundWayne and sagem4tt like this.
  16. Glad i helped :D
  17. Suppose the server failed to save the chunks ?
  18. That's exactly right, it's not a limitation of Windows per se, it's a limitation of the system architecture. Each line on an address bus can only have 2 states (high or low, on or off, 1 or 0) because that's the nature of digital systems. So an address bus with 32 lines (32 bit bus) can have a total possible number of states of 2^32, which is 4GB. A 64 bit bus can have a total of 2^64 number of states which is 16 Exabytes. It's unlikely anyone here will see 16 Exabytes anytime soon.
    cnicholls_uk likes this.
  19. :O 16 million terabytes? daaaaaang. the main thing that amazes me though is that someday that will probably be a lowend household pc amount =/
    sagem4tt likes this.