Half a Million Rupee Giveaway!

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by EdmundWayne, Apr 11, 2014.

1. I would spend it on heads, and no.. that's not creepy
  2. I have always wanted to own a dragon egg, however the price has always been prohibitively out of reach as the people that I keep working for eventually leave and their store become derelict. I suppose that I could always sell the items in my box of wonderment, but then they would be gone and I wouldn't have them anymore, so I have been saving my rupees for over a year, and although I am far from my goal, I keep working to one day have enough to eventually pad someone else's wallet with my hard work.. :p
    supereskimo and jacob5089 like this.
  3. I need rupees to finish the twitch1 monument(/v 1008)
  4. I'd use it to pay off debts that I have gathered over the year and half I've been here...
    Ark_Warrior1 likes this.
  5. *res
  6. I'll be straight here, no gimmicks or surprises. I would use 500,000 Rupees to simply buy diamond supporter vouchers for my friends, as I have done so in the past recently (electracat, cac32234, azolla, flayegrant). There are a few more of my friends that are deserving of a Diamond Supporter from me but I have run out of the rupees to do so. This would be a good chance to boost myself up to buy them quicker and thus redeem for my friends but its your judgement on how you want that 500,000 to be used. Not really a man of the people. Just trying to make everyone else around me happy and thats what makes me happy.

-South
    Kyzoy and supereskimo like this.
  7. You posted as I was writing a similar one up ya ninja ;) I've deleted it since it isn't original now, but I wanted to suggest that Edmund buy the vouchers then give them out himself, or elect someone that is willing like you or I to give them out in his name. The difference for me would be that instead of friends I was thinking of just generally looking for deserving players to give them to. I need to learn to type faster.
  8. Well currently I'm working On the EMC golf course, full 18 holes. Currently progress has been slow because of lack of funds, if I were to receive the rupees it would go towards the community golf course, which is free I might add. We are currently 5 holes into the course and we have 2 prototypes to add. You can check it out at 8656 on SMP4.

Good luck to everyone else :)
  9. I don't need 500,000 rupees, though I admit it would be nice.
    However, if you give me 100,000 rupees, I will build this

on one of the 9 smp's (which one to be decided by you or by public poll), and I'll distribute copies of the map to the public for free.
    Lukas3226, AliceF3, Gadget_AD and 7 others like this.
  10. Half a million rupees, don't see many giveaway like that. :O

What would I do with half a mil. Let me see... ah.. no, oh intresting but no uh... ah, here we go. My big book that was originally owned by a lovely (ugly) man called Dumbledore (call him Dumb Dora the Explorer if you want) it says... if you did win half a million rupees this thread would explode with comments such as "can i haz 20 k1" or "u cheted ulso u dont hve gud gramar". Ok, my point with half a million rupees after this thread explodes with some intresting comments I would say "Hey, you are all desperate for half a mil aren't ya? We'll ok, let's split between each other. :D". Now you are probaly thinking "tats stupd" we'll you know what's stupid: begging for 0.5 million rupees. I'm not saying that everyone in this thread is begging, absolutely not but please let's be civil and not be hoarders.

Also... https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cTSjyXL4_MQ
  11. hello I am somewhat known as "numbers guy" right now or at least that is what i seem to think. ive been on the server for about 45 days and have brought many of my friends from a past server to enjoy such an amazing server (EMC). That was only my first plan I had in helping EMC out, the second part to my plan is to build for those who cannot think of something to do on their plot or just for those in need not necessarily for money but for the fun of building. I have already done a few so far and am currently working on another for a player that recently lost a lot of their items in the wild so i decided to step up and help em out.

I am going to be straightforward with this next part. I do not have plans of making a mega mall ever in my time on this server (at least not one of my own) because it just isn't my kind of thing. I have a very large project i want to start within the next month or so and i have been gathering resources for for the past 2 weeks (on and off when i can in between building some builds for other players that have requested me to) and even though it seems that i have tons of supplies i am not anywhere near having enough for this project i have planned. I will be making it something of my own meaning it will not exactly look the same as it does (picture below) because im one for originality.

Something else that I would like to do even though im constantly busy with building for others already is create a variety of builds that will help new players coming in with supplies that will get them started with the essentials that they would need or possibly want (at no charge). It would be in a way that others cannot just ransack the place of the free materials for their own benefit. I would also eventually like to create some event structures that will be used for whatever is needed. These are a few things that i can think of off of the top of my head at this point in time that i have plans for or have already started making. It may not seem like alot to do but it is when im constantly thinking up new ideas each day and always changing things that have already been done, so a few extra rupees would always be of help and most certainly get me that extra mile.

P.S. If you click the button in my signature "building services" you can view some of my past builds to get a feel of what can be expected detail/design wise of the structures i will be making that i explained previously. one last thing is if i recieved any more rupees i would also put forth some of it and use in a contest where new players can have a chance at winning them and there will be more than one winner.

The picture of the build i will be making below will be not for myself but for EMC itself to use as they want.
    doyle-1.jpg
    supereskimo likes this.
  12. I will use the money to help purchase supplies to donate to new players which I found I like to do (anyone on SMP2 earlier will be able to tell you)
    supereskimo likes this.
  13. I actually believe you should give this all to Icecreamhorse (Olaf_C) for the Good Samaritan award 2.0.
    You must remember how successful that was last year.
    supereskimo likes this.
  14. I would use the money to finish up my mega mall I've always wanted to do it but I just don't have enough rupees to make it possible. I think after all the time I've committed to it it would be sad to never see to never see it open. If I received the 500 thousand rupees any that I didn't end up spending on the mega mall I would give away.
  15. I would use the 500k to pay the workers on the 12 months of farming. They do really great work, and if you get paid for working IRL, why not in minecraft?
  16. The reasons I would like rupees... is because I have solved one of man's most challenging problems... Turning gold into ice-cream. After years of research, I have found a way how. You see, it all goes down to rupees. Now the process is complicated and you better listen closely.

You see, around 20,000 years ago, the first empires were formed. It isn't like the empire it is today; No, it was a lot more of an advanced civilization. They had marvelous technology, like flying pig vehicles, cow police, towering dirt skyscrapers, and many wondrous slime creations! I found this civilization through a map I acquired from a fellow traveler. He was a withering, but lively man. He must've seen something in me because he came up to me and handed me this map. I tried questioning him but all he did was was he looked in my eyes, and said "Rupees" and walked away.

Confused, I followed the map and found this ancient civilization! Although there weren't any struggles along the way, the real struggle was deciphering a code. You see, I found a secret dungeon with inscriptions on the wall. After a long struggle, I figured out that the ancient empire had learned how to convert gold into ice-cream. But there was a missing link... It was all connected to this one item... but I had no idea what it was.

Then one day, as I was in my underground meth lab I accidentally dropped 1,000 rupees into a beaker containing 10 double chests of melted gold. It created an enormous explosion, with a crater the size of a mountain. I obviously died and respawned in a nearby bed. When I returned, the most marvelous thing was floating there. In the middle of the entire crater where the beaker was, was a pint of vanilla ice-cream!

Excited with this discovery, I went abroad and asked for sponsors and donators! However, all I was met with was greed and skeptics. This discovery could change the world! It is epochal! Instead of old-age redstone creations, we could have marvelous ice-cream creations! Instead of boring old diamond and quartz buildings, it could be built out of delicious ice-cream! We could solve world hunger! We could solve Aikar's economy destroying administrations! The possibilities are endless! You see, through your rupees, we could solve everything.
  17. I've honestly been battling myself whether I want to enter in this, or whether I do not. I feel like a greedy person if I do enter, but I feel like I'm missing the chance if I don't.... Er, I suppose I can make a story.

The Needle

Surpisingly, I withstood the pain.
    Ever since the plague had broken out, the government had created a secret project to try to find a cure or at least a vaccine to the plague. Citizens that were suspected to be contaminated were taken one by one, secretly, so no one would ever know. Each candidate was tested on by scientists, they didn't care how the test subjects felt. They only cared about their payroll.
    "Keep the injection going. We need to a visual on his brain." One scientist had said, with a huff. I could see his eyes were simply devoid of emotion, and he occasionally scanned his monitor because of a bleep, or just some lights blinking. They didn't care, of course they didn't. I've been here at this dusty underground lab for more than a month, and they don't bother trying to make my life at least a little less painful. It was infuriating, but I couldn't do anything. As much as I tried to break loose of the steel objects that held me in place, they seemed to hold me tighter.
    Clang. A sound that had made my ears perk. I haven't heard this sound in a while, ever since I was first brought here.
    I was just making do with my day, dealing with the pain in my leg that I had obtained a few days ago, and just trying to make my grades go higher. I guess you could say I wasn't in a terrible situation, but in my eyes, everything was worse. Every step I took a step, every type I moved my arm, I could feel the slightest dislocation. Pop, pop, pop, at first I thought my bones were just merely popping, but then I could feel a cool, smooth, liquidy substance flow over the bone. I then thought it was blood, and that my bones were weakening, and soon that they would crack to little pieces, and that I would turn into a puddle of goo. But then again, would that be so bad? I had bad grades, tormenting parents, and the pain in my leg. My god, the pain in the leg was unbearable. I would cry out during night when the bone twisted in an odd way, and be due for another screaming and hitting from my parents for waking them up, and no assistance whatsoever. No medical help, nothing.
    Clang clang clang. What is that sound? Are they going to bring in more, new, and even painfuller testing equipment? What are they going to do? What am I going to do? Why am I here? What is going on? Is everything going black? Who is that new person wearing black? Why are people in white coats covered with red, or are they wearing red coats covered with white? Why is it turning white...?

END OF CHAPTER 1

This was actually a story I was playing around with in my mind for a while, and I suppose I just had to get it out. It's probably a bit cheesy, but aren't all stories just sprinkled with a little cheese?
    Pab10S likes this.
  18. I am not sure whether to be relieved or disappointed that your story has no potatoes in it.
    Choongjae and PandasEatRamen like this.
  19. I fully support a Twitch1 Monument. Here, have 50K Rupees.
    supereskimo likes this.
  20. I like someone asking for rupees for someone else. I am giving 35K rupees to Olaf_C now.
    boozle628 and supereskimo like this.