[Guide] Selling Mob Spawner Locations

Discussion in 'Products, Businesses, & Services Archives' started by IcecreamCow, Jun 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. One inquires yes, but one sends in an inquiry.

Two alternatives:

"If anyone complains or inquires with staff....."

"Any complaints or inquiries to the staff..."

p.s. This is more of a bump :p

Seeing that the error has remained un-changed is annoying me ;)
  2. Holy grammar nazis Batman. Let the guy sleep.
  3. At this time, keep them off of both auctions and supporter auctions. This includes "sneaking" it in. We'll do it this way for a while and should we ever change it, I'll let everyone know.
  4. Just woke up. But my inner-sleeping self thanks you for that comment. :)
  5. You're welcome for the spot :p
  6. So what happens if you buy a spawner and the seller then breaks it after being paid or dorsn't send coordinates, a moderator does not get involved?

Oh and what if you own a spawner, someone finds it (non-auction) and then they begin to hog it or change it? Is this considered griefing or will a staff member just tell you that "it's public for anyone to use."
    Nate_Frozen_Rain and MR2R2M like this.
  7. I suggest this, the seller leads the buyer to the spawner.
    imBobertRobert and Manglex like this.
  8. I am with Terry. That is a great idea, if not a must.
    TerryDaTerrorist likes this.
  9. I can now reopen my spawner shop!
  10. I agree with you Alex, there are many questions I had, these two were the main ones.

There are many questions out there I am sure. So I will type my bit on this matter here:

At the end of the day I personally WON'T be buying a spawner's co-rds, not in a million years. I will find my own spawner a trillion blocks away and build it myself, that way I can guarantee that no harm should come of it, no false purchases, and no trouble over all.

That is why I take the stance the staff are taking. I think it is stupid to sell them as well.

SO I say to people here, youtube is your friend, dont buy a spawner and run the risk of going through all the bad that can come as a result, rather watch some videos and do it yourself. You will appreciate it a whole lot more. And who knows, you may learn a thing or two along the way!

:)
    SephirothWS and SecretAznEks like this.
  11. Yep, and if you can't be bothered YouTubing it. feel free to allow me to make your XP grinder for you! ;D
    SecretAznEks and MR2R2M like this.
  12. As ICC stated its allowed but not encouraged, kinda like half cutting trees or random holes in the ground. Take the risk if you want, if you do and experience a "sly" seller well....
  13. Yep but even then, letting someone make you a grinder still has its problems...
  14. Correction:
    Letting Alex build your grinder has no problems...
  15. OH so that's what he meant? I had a sneaky suspicion that was the meaning... Alex is a good chap, there wouldn't be a problem with him building me a grinder, however, I would still like to learn how to do one myself.... something I haven't yet done in minecraft hahah
    AlexChance likes this.
  16. I think it all has to do with the sellers personally.

Lets say the wild reset after 1.3. And I was frantically running around Utopia trying to get a 4x + spawner to setup but was having no luck (cause it takes forever to get lucky enough to find). Then, Alex, or a select few of other players here on EMC that I know I could trust had one for sell at a reasonable price, I would buy it.

Why? This(these) are players who don't have money issues, know how the economy works and have dedicated them self to building a reputation on EMC.

Would I run off and buy a blaze spawner from anyone who owed money to a bunch of people or didn't have a legitimate reputation in general? no way.
    roblikescake and SephirothWS like this.
  17. Well said! :D
  18. I agree, you would not.

Would you market yourself in what is supposed to be an informational thread to establish yourself as a trusted spawner seller?

Absolutely. :p
  19. What about merchants? I don't really get well known because of server jumping to keep from over stripping any particular server of natural resources.. Besides, although I am always finding spawners in other servers, I have only tried terraforming ones in Utopia because of the hunger issues.. But I always claim the dungeon floor as a finder's fee.. :3
  20. lol, well I have many happy customers that can back my spawner sales. And this is truly meant to be informative. I don't want people getting ripped off or screwed over because it will lead to the market crashing for spawners in general. Be it myself or another member selling spawners, always make sure they can be trusted. Ask for references if need be.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.