[Guide] Selling Mob Spawner Locations

Discussion in 'Products, Businesses, & Services Archives' started by IcecreamCow, Jun 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Well, we sort of have a reverse of this idea already. Those who do scam people and get caught get black listed. :p
  2. Having a voucher forum will bring a whole new level of whine and false accusations to EMC
    roblikescake and JackBiggin like this.
  3. How can you sell it at the community marketplace?
  4. Ya i dont get it.. so we cant auction them in the auction forum, but auction it in the community martketplace? :S or... please explain...
  5. Still wonder if its ok for the supporter auctions
    Kells18 likes this.
  6. You can only make "Buy it now" prices for these.

So, your advertising what you have and the price you want for it, then you work it out between each other in game or PM that you want it, and then essentially soon as you have received payment from someone (and with agreement that person is the one buying it), then you give the coords.

And I see no harm in supporter only auctions of these...

Makes a lot of sense to only sell to supporters in many situations.

Jeremy can override this statement if he disagrees for some reason..
    PThagaard and Curundu like this.
  7. From section 3: You may use the Community Market place and for a set price.

It says "set price". Unless they're policed, I'm expecting a lot of haggling. Basically auctions without the commitment.
  8. Hmm, since we can auction off enchanted items + extra "bonus" things, i will auction an enchanted axe and add the spawner lol
    AlexChance likes this.
  9. Haggle in private... Except its more of a reverse auction then ;)

Oh you stop trying to bend the rules =P

Just pick a fair high price, then people will pay it if they feel its worth it.

If its not worth it, lower the price!
  10. or viceversa.
    "look at this grand, ideal quad zombie spawner! buy now for a set price of 15k and recieve a FREE(!!!)w thats right FREE(!!!) unbreaking III wooden pickaxe! act now and also receive a water breathing I leather helmet! (offer limited to 5 hours after starting haggling) ACT NOW(!!!) or a creeper will steal you family!"
    oh god this might turn ugly... good thing EMC is somewhat good at not having complete weird things like that :p
    hayleycolgan likes this.
  11. So we can only have a buy it now price on the forums correct? No auctions what so ever.
  12. no...

Marketplace is for "Buy it now"
    Auctions forum is for Auctions.

Spawners may only be started as a Buy It Now, which I see now why you asked about supporters, since the supporter forum is only an Auction forum.

Will leave that to Jeremy about what to do there...

Normal auctions are untouched, this is simply adding a new item to be sold in the marketplace.
  13. Key word "bend" not break ;p
  14. I would have to sell mine in Supporters Auction as all of my terraformed spawners are in utopia.. <,< .. The terraforming is easier when you can't starve to death.. xD
  15. Can you do OBO's? Like "Blaze Spawner Location 20k OBO?"
  16. I guess this is also something you could also discuss with the purchaser of the spawner location.
    If you chose to not use the spawner after selling it, maybe you could recieve a higher price for it's sale. :)
  17. There's no way for us to know what you and the buyer agree to in private..

OBO is pretty much what "Haggling" is.
  18. I'm not sure I'm getting this correctly, after reading all the comments.

It seems like your saying:
    1. We can sell Mob Spawners at set prices in the Marketplace forum, and if we want to include an OBO they have to PM about it.

2. We can auction off spawners only in the Supporters Auction

Please, correct me if I am wrong?
  19. What if the spawner has a sign on it saying 'Lit up by <player> - Feel free to use however you please' or something like that?
  20. Inquiries*
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.