[Guide] Security for the "i live in the wild" peep's out there PART 1

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by copherfield, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Pretty extense :p i will link your post to the tip in order for people to read more if they want a bit more complicated explanation, idk how but i feel like everything you write it's for only advanced readers xD
    EDIT: Done :)
  2. i dont get the portal thing.
  3. while you travel over wilderness, looking for a spot far from spawn:
    Make a portal to nether, then walk a bunch inside nether and then make another portal just to randomize the paths a bit more.
    I believe that's not to usefull just because you would have to use tons of obsidian, but if your rich and have loads of times, use it ;)
  4. well actually my friend goes in the wild but he always checks live map first and if he sees a building he goes the no matter how far out it is.
    So my suggestion is make it under ground cause then people would need x-ray to find (witch could get them banned) or they would have to be really lucky.
  5. I think you should stress the supporter and /map hide more with the list of things.

Also, should add, that you should only invite other supporters to your colony to keep it secure.
  6. I won't add supporter only stuf. They are supporter only ;)
  7. Very well done. To add 2 things. That fake forest on top of your base must be made smart. Since there is the 3d view, it could actually turn against you. Also I think doing underground building can be fun too. You could do a dwarven themed city. Or just a some huge spheres. I did that once on a faction server. It served me very well.
  8. True, the 3D view might trick a bit also, but maybe doing the mirror in different levels should solve it :)
    Thanks for the reminder, editing the thread :)
  9. Anyone that has any other important information, i will consider adding it into the thread! Let's make this the comunity guide :p
  10. have a freinds who had a house and there was a funny thing someone broke his nether port! he couldnt find it
  11. oh and add that in the nather its actualy moor! so u can go very deep and come back quick
  12. Don't have a nether portal in your town. Have it away from town with a false path heading off in the opposite direction to your town. Anyone who builds a portal within 1024 blocks of your portal may link to your nether portal and if they travel back through it they will appear at your portal.
  13. well, anyone within 1024 blocks will have a high potential of seeing your place on the live map anyways unless your underground or use canopies.
  14. Yay! My castle's the pic on the top left! Of course that picture was taken before someone came out, blew it up with TNT, and filled it with lava.
  15. W8, only diamond supporters can place TNT...
  16. Btw, thanks for all those likes guys, that makes me feel like going to the wild just to think for a part 2 or a bigger edit on this thread :D
    *Whats the most liked -playermade- thread EMC got already?*
  17. I know right. Apparently you can get so bored paying $20 a month the only way you can have fun is by blowing the crap out of other peoples hard work.
  18. That's horribly sad.

Anyways: I wanna update this with more content and i've beeing on wilderness for a bunch of time, making bases on many servers (from smp1 to smp5) and i've got no griefing at all. I don't have much stuff because i'm scared of getting it griefed but it's not like the super base worth griefing.
    What i mean: You don't have to follow all of this, just make a great ballance to complicate stuff to them.
    *3k blocks is more than enough to hide*
  19. Be careful, many Diamond Supporters are not the law-abiding, mature citizens you would assume they are. In fact, being a Diamond Supporter only means you have money you are willing to pay to play minecraft. So really, you can't even trust some of them D:
    copherfield likes this.