[Guide] Security for the "i live in the wild" peep's out there PART 1

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by copherfield, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Yup, some time i said something like this: "Supporters are just normal players with credit cards"
    SecretAznEks likes this.
  2. In a little attempt to make this visible for new members I ask you guys to help me 'bump' (with conscience) this thread with other ideas you might have, also drop a thanks, a story of you and your griefer at wild, how you got griefed or maybe some flaws you discovered on your wild base when it was too late.
    Just help me help you :)
  3. Thanks for posting this informative collaboration copherfield.
    I am impressed with your suggestions alongside Aikar and Hasorko.
    I am sure there are more people involved in all of this, but they werent linked. :)
    This makes me so proud of EMC, all of the things that have grown since I first came here. :D
  4. i actually locked my chest and this guy griefed me and i lost 4 stacks of diamonds and i relied on that lock and it didn't work ???
  5. if someone wants to live in the wild with me PM me and ill send you details to my wild village :D
  6. what do you mean i didnt work ?
  7. ii guess the guy who briefed me destroyed it and i pad the 1k rupees
  8. wow that sucks but its also the reason i dont lock or put anything valuble in my chests in the wild it stays in my inventory
  9. yeah but i mean u would think if u lock it none can get to it and yet they still managed to destroy it
  10. yea but y would you even take the chance of putting anyhting valuble in a chest in the wild ? just because its locked doesnt mean there arent ways around it. im sure there is a way to get around it somewhere on the internet so i dont take those chances.
  11. tclementi, there is no way to destroy a locked chest. Jeremy himself said that him and Justin stress-tested it for hours to work out any potential bugs. If you legitimaely think this is an issue, take it up with them.
  12. well it happened to me so i know what i did i locked it and everything but it is an issue but i got over it i mean hell i would love to get my stuff back if possible all my diamonds my eggs my enchanted armor and weapons
  13. Geez though, 4 stacks of diamonds is a lot. How long did you spend in the wild?
  14. like 3-4 weeks
  15. lol how do you do that?
  16. Do what, cut out details? Aikar meant that Copher simply did not include in the OP the most important parts of his suggestion. (I think)
  17. That and how to cut it down like -snip-
  18. You can just reply and then mess with the text inside. (make it say -snip-)
  19. Hey, thanks for the feedback!
    And btw: Actually the whole thread was made by me, the only stuff that's not mine was correctly quoted and stated :)
  20. Yeah he does, but i'm not adding something that's pretty complex. Mainly because people wont do it.
    It was correctly linked at the thread if anyone it's interested :)