Griefers : The Terrorists of MineCraft.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by AlexHallon, Mar 20, 2012.

1. maybe like a tracking device or like a guard thingy or something like you have to claim a piece of land... all just ideas!
  2. Anything helps :D
  3. ...if someone destroys unnatural block (i.e. claybrick, stairs redstone dust and etc) the server will save in log the exact coords of the block, and the name of who destroyed it. If the log shows the same name destroyed lots of unnatural blocks in different areas the report system will automatically report the player as suspect to griefing. Then the admins spy on him, lol.
  4. Thanks, ive been dealing with all type of griefers in my last server....
  5. I would say simply that any plans for traps of some sort, especially those that are intended to cause harm to another player (even if they ARE a griefer), will probably backfire on you and get you in trouble for PVP. Just something to keep in mind when considering options for stopping griefers.
  6. Well it dosent HAVE to be a damage dealing trap, it could simply fling the grifer out of the Residence or auto ban them or somthing i dont know just some ideas ?
  7. Now THAT is a good idea and is partly what i suggested with the Honeypot block plugin.
  8. That would count as a PvP trap. These are, unfortunately, banned. The admins and moderators don't care what the person did to you, if you kill them you have broke the rules. However, I don't think trapping them is PvP. Maybe you could try out one of them instead, but be warned the griefer may suicide while he is trapped. He could escape.
  9. I have a great idea.Supporters we will need your help.How about we place a giant hole near the spawn.Put maybe
    1-2 diamond blocks.Supporters can hide from live map so hopefully you can camoflage yourselve's in a tree.And we could take turns.I think this would lure out the griefers on EmpireMinecraft.Also we could make it seem like its not a trap and sometimes move it.
  10. Terrorists have a leader - eliminate Osama Bin Griefer.
    oidking and Spenser6 like this.
  11. This is GENIUS lol
  12. griefers dont care weather or not they breeak your chests or not i know this because i used to be a former griefer but i gave that side up when i got griefed and now i help peopple protect thier stuff so ya use locks they are there for your use also build things underground my village did get griefed oonce it was not fun i do like the idea of rewards though gentlmen
    oidking likes this.
  13. If you could point me to the clause in the rules where it states we cannot protect our property with lethal force, I'd be grateful. I looked and aside from the bright red "No PVP!" in the guide, I found nothing. Either way, I don't mean to suggest actively targeting players, just home-defenses with severe penalties.
    For example: the block above a chest must be empty for it to open. Griefer destroys the block to open the chest - but surprise! There's a redstone torch on the opposite side of that block. A piston (or several) above moves, and they are now suffocating under an entire ceiling of gravel or sand - or drowning, or burning alive in lava. Your choice, really.
    Had they been the chest's owner, they'd have known to place another torch in a specific spot, to "disable" the trap, thus making it safe to get at the chest. The owner hasn't killed them, they've killed themselves by way of destroying property they shouldn't have.
    My very first day on SMP6, I was witness to griefing on a friend's wilderness outpost, and was all but powerless to stop it (and unfortunately in too much of a panic at the time to remember F2). It's not an experience I'd ever wish on someone else, and if I'm able to help others avoid a similar situation, so much the better.
  14. Thanks Spenser :D!Ill even contribute a diamond block to the project of luring out griefers.
  15. no clue if this has been said yet but either logblock hawkeye or rollback
  16. Um, thats being a griever
  17. Last ones pretty good xD
  18. This has been discussed in the past. A block logger would have to log thousands of blocks breaked/built on each server, which would mean: LAG.

Also, please consider ideas like "set them on fire" are not allowed at EMC servers, you can NOT pvp against people.

My idea would be region claims, where a player could claim certain area (20x20 or so) by placing some kind of block that's impossible to obtain and only via creative mode or something like that...
    Players would have to buy that block from the EMC Shop for veryyyy high prices, and they could only place some limit of those blocks.
    Also, to avoid several claims, there should be some kind of protection so that regions CANT be 20 blocks near from any other and those regions CANT be on certain zone near wild spawn (like 20k blocks or so)
    Maybe it could be a nice idea to make some other supporter perks out of this:
    -Normal players can claim 2 regions at most.
    -Iron suporters can claim 3 regions
    -Gold sup. can claim 4 regions
    -Diamond sup. can claim 5 regions

This would totally cost server resources, but this regions could totally be expensive (like 5k rupees for normal players, 8k for iron sup, 12k for gold, and 20k for diamond supporters <--- that would help to keep economy down and get less RICH players)
  19. Wouldn't work because players could claim other players hard work,spawners.(Most of us cant afford that)
  20. Neither the price.