Goodbye Minecraft.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by DemonThunder345, Jan 29, 2015.

1. I agree with you wholeheartedly that MC can get very boring. That's why I left -- I didn't feel like there was anything worthwhile for me to do, and my life on EMC had just become "disregard everything else, acquire rupees". Hence the giant bland megamall.

Now what am I doing? Building another giant megamall? You bet I am!!

But the point here is that Minecraft is what you make of it. You can just build shops 'till you drop, or you can find something you really love (I know you're passionate about Futurama) and translate that into the game. Let the creative juices flow.

But if you're really gone for good, I'll miss you and good luck with everything :)
  2. Since he bought the game? :confused:
  3. I mean, since what update xD For example beta 1.8.1, alpha 1.3, et cetera.
  4. I did :). I started from nothing.
  5. Since 1.6.2 December 28 2012
    I'm the one with the kinda blue box thing.
  6. It's sad to see someone go, but I totally get it. Have fun with those Gmod Mods.
  7. I also play other games as well.
    I know you guys think there is so much to do and I have maybe not done stuff like that, but I really have done almost everything there is to do in minecraft. From building roller coasters in the nether that lead into lava pools to raising an army of chickens when I first started Minecraft. For me Minecraft is just very boring to look at now because I don't know what to do. I built a giant mall and spent AGES on that thing. I built a giant Taco on my second res. I would come back to minecraft if DT started or a really cool new update that had like birds and sharks and boats and stuff. I am a game developer my self and if I were jeb or who ever it is, I would have made an update full of stuff people want. Not bunnies.
  8. Wow, really? Only 1.6.2? Then I really don't get how you can be bored of it already? :eek:
    Do you have any idea what the problem is?
  9. When I first got minecraft I took a maybe 2-3 year break idk to be honest and yet I came back because I forgot about it and wanted to try it agian
  10. I played the other updates
  11. I wanted bunnies :(
  12. People wanted the bunnies. Mojang didn't even make them.

The problem is that Minecraft is a massively repetitive game. Yeah, you can build whatever you want - but what happens after that? You go on to make another thing. And then another thing. And then you go kill something or mine something, and then build something again.

The problem with open-ended games like Minecraft, Spore, and The Sims etc. is you eventually just find yourself asking 'What's the point?' and 'Why am I doing this?'. Mods can fix this and add longevity to a game for a little while - but the fun of a game does not last forever. Big, open-world games like Grand Theft Auto V and stuff do the whole 'go do whatever the bloody hell you want' thing a whole ton better - there's more to do, there's more to see, and its a ton more fun than Minecraft.
    SecretAznEks likes this.
  13. People ask me all the time what the point to Minecraft is. Sarcastically, I always reply: "To mine... and craft."
    SecretAznEks likes this.
  14. I hope you have a great life and that you are whatever you want to be.
    Goodbye! :D
  15. Hm, interesting, SoulPunisher... Because to me, the fun of a game never goes away.
  16. Im in the same boat as you
    Best of luck! :)
  17. Well it will at some point - and if you play a lot of games, it may have happened without you noticing.
    607 likes this.
  18. Every game I ever played got boring at some part. So I moved onto the next video game out of the trillions already made.
  19. You know, I've been on EMC almost as long as I've been on minecraft, and I hit 3 years on EMC last month, and minecraft's getting boring for me, too. I used to hate singleplayer minecraft, but now that's all I really play on, besides a small modpack server with my friends, because I like building redstone stuff. Also, most of my friends that used to play on EMC left a while ago, and the ones that do still play only join around once a month to save their property, so I never see them. I still play for those few fun reasons I find, but those barely last long. I'm probably not going to quit minecraft, but I'll barely be around.