Glad to be here!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Tacculan, Mar 11, 2017.

1. Hi everyone, I joined earlier this week after not playing since early beta and I'm having a blast on this server! It's intimidating to learn the vast amount of new stuff added in patches as well as how the server works, but many people have been very kind and helpful so I'm thankful for that.

I'm a math student in California about to transfer for actuarial science next fall. I spend a lot of time learning math outside of school and my favorite hobby is writing computer programs for various math topics. I'm a huge music nerd and originally majored in trombone/piano performance and music theory but people way better than me couldn't find jobs so it's just for fun now. I LOVE complex and dissonant music whether it's classical, jazz, rock, or metal... could never get into anything with the same beat and four chords the whole time. If you like any of those examples, you'll be the third person I've met who does haha :p

Anyway, thanks to everyone for the warm welcome to the server! Come check out my hedge maze, if you reach the end my head is a prize. It's on SMP8 res#16232 under the glass volcano.
  2. We're glad you're here!

I'm glad that you are finding your way with help from some of our other players. There is always something to learn and new things to do, and that's not even including the updates we have pending.

I look forward to seeing you around!
  3. Welcome to EMC! If you have any questions just ask :)
    Equinox_Boss, Tuq_SolidColor and 607 like this.
  4. Welcome to the EMC family! If you need anything please let me know in game or my inbox is always open :)
  5. Welcome to the Empire. This is an amazing friendly server. I see your residence is on smp8. It's been known to get wild there. Watch out for marriage fish in the /mail. I'll check out your maze. Cya around.
  6. Welcome to EMC :D If you have any questions, just ask!
    Equinox_Boss and Tuq_SolidColor like this.
  7. Welcome to EMC.

I'm also a huge music nerd. My tastes differ from yours though :p
    Equinox_Boss and 607 like this.
  8. I hope you stick around, Tacculan! Thanks for the maze too, it was a blast ;)
  9. Awesome to hear! Yeah, I keep hearing stories (love it) from those times and how chaotic things were back then. I can well imagine that a lot must have changed. I myself stepped into MC during 1.7 and even between that version tons of stuff got changed (or added).

Maybe handy to keep in mind... There are two wiki's which can help you look up information whenever something isn't fully clear. First there's the Minecraft wiki, this is the perfect place to look up recipes, items, etc. And of course there's also the Empire wiki, here you can find information about everything regarding the Empire. From a good description about all available custom items, all the available custom commands (like, for example, /diff to change your difficulty or /ps to change your player settings) and basically anything you might want to know about EMC :)

Hmm, I can somewhat relate to that. I'm a semi-professional audio designer myself, I'm very passionate about synthesizers and sound design in general and well.. One of my favorite things to play with are so called "sound scapes". Maybe not considered music by itself, but if combined you can get some very powerful setups going.

Aaanyway, welcome again to the Empire and I hope you're going to have a lot of fun here. It's for a good reason why a lot of players are very often older than 1 - 2 years ;)
  10. Hello fello Jazz-fan (I do also like the others, but it's mainly Jazz for me)
    Here you have a few musicians that nobodey seems to know but I think you'll quite like (or annyway, I quite like) :p

This isn't a jazz artist, but it defenetly is a good jazz song :p

Annyways, Welcome to the Empire minecraft :)
    Equinox_Boss, 607 and Tuq_SolidColor like this.
  11. Hi Tacculan. Welcome to the Empire. If you want to double your fun, stick around the forums also. They can get extremely interesting at times. Enjoy your stay. :)
    Equinox_Boss and Tuq_SolidColor like this.
  12. Heyyy... another fellow musician on EMC...

*Insert welcome theme song here*

Have a great time!
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  13. Welcome to EMC, where there is always a mystery around the corner! We hope you enjoy your stay.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  14. Huh, I thought I had posted here already... Must've gotten distracted!
    Anyway: Welcome to the Empire! :D
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  15. This angel is always happy when a new player comes to EMC! Welcome to EMC and feel free to make yourself at home :D
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  16. ya like jazz?

welcome :)
  17. Welcome! So happy you're here and enjoying it! Stay away from smp8, they're a little crazy (and by a little, I mean a lot). If you need help, just ask!
    Equinox_Boss likes this.