{Giveaway} of millions - Tails of Dragons - Celebrating my time on EMC

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by Raaynn, Jun 22, 2022.

?

Do you like Dragons?

Poll closed Jul 22, 2022.
Yes! 23 vote(s) 82.1%
no. 1 vote(s) 3.6%
so-so 1 vote(s) 3.6%
Arrrrrrr! 3 vote(s) 10.7%
  1. Nice! It would be fantastic to see a new story from you.
  2. Final Reminder, tomorrow by midnight EMC time is the deadline for mailing in your submissions o/

Looking forward to reading them :)
    Zomberina and DrasLeona247 like this.
  3. Well, all entries are in! 9 in total have been received, thanks to all the participants for your creativity!

1. daanhu- A Dragon Art
    2. cyberazaz101- Maralov The Cold
    3. dreacon78- Story of Python
    4. Torian42- The Draggin' Dragon
    5. enigmaspirit- In Our Midst
    6. Zomberina- Flame & Dust
    7. KatdidBuild- Story of Dragons
    8. Progryck- D.D.
    9. Phoc- Slaying Dragons

Once I have read the stories in the next couple of days, I will announce the winners and prizes for all entries.
    Following this all books will be available for reading at 12022 and I will post here once viewable.
    I hope we all enjoy them! Happy Birthday EMC!
  4. I can not wait! to read all the stories.. except maybe the slaying one unless that really means dragons are slaying??? xD
    KatydidBuild, Raaynn and Sefl like this.
  5. Now that it has passed, I really wanted to try my hand at making an illustration book with just Dragons and no words. Sadly, I failed to carve out some time to try making Dragon wings or talons in a text document to practice.

I salute zomberina for the books she has made. Takes quite some patience! And if anyone else got it done, then I am jealous. I settled for the short story. Bigger books would be nice 😉 next time.
    Raaynn likes this.
  6. Well I am all done, read and reread each of the books, and the decision was NOT easy. In fact it was very tough, but finally have made my decision….

In the end I could not decide between the stories by Progryck and Phoc, so both entries will win my head. As I first read Progrycks story I did not think it would be my choice, as I tend to prefer more classic stories, but as it unfolded, I found myself pulled into the story more and more…. And Phoc, well, the angle your story took was one that caught me totally off guard, and if there is anything I enjoy it’s a story I am not expecting… Thus both have won permanent derelict protection with a set of my boots; and phoc has won my green mod head, while progryck has won the first copy of my new 2022 mod head

As for the rest, each entry will receive 10,000 rupees; a goodie box with promos, items and event gifts; a limited edition dragon story by me: and I made random.org draws for the prize promos, which came as follows.

1. daanhu- A Dragon Art: Emergency Snow Clearing Device
    2. cyberazaz101- Maralov The Cold: Explosive Arrow
    3. dreacon78- Story of Python: Empire Waffle
    4. Torian42- The Draggin' Dragon: Aikars 2021 NY head
    5. enigmaspirit- In Our Midst: Krysyy’s Dancing Boots
    6. Zomberina- Flame & Dust: Lucky Clover
    7. KatdidBuild- Story of Dragons: Stretchy Pants
    8. Progryck- D.D. : Helm of Anaetiem
    9. Phoc- Slaying Dragons: Avalauncher

Prize chests can be opened now at /v 12011 pickup

Torian42 had also sent me 5 other titles of Dragon stories, so I sent him some extra rupees… which also helped me come to the decision to keep the idea open to receive more stories of dragons!!!! Send me your books and I will continue to give random prizes of rupees or promos….

ALL TITLES are NOW AVAILABLE FOR PERUSAL … pop on over to smp6, and head to /v 12022 reading, you can't miss the dragon signs...
  7. cool
    Raaynn likes this.
  8. Was quite a challenge writing a story within the parameters of the in-game book with the so few characters and pages available to me. Congrats to the winners and hope I can get better at writing shorter stories :D
  9. Congrats all! Thanks for the prize drawings Raaynn! This was a fun contest.
    KatydidBuild, Raaynn and Torian42 like this.