[FORUM GAME] Guess the Word

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by 607, Mar 19, 2017.

?

Do you mind the term and theme 'Hangman'?

Yes. 23 vote(s) 22.8%
No. 78 vote(s) 77.2%
  1. Pf, good start. :p
    Code:
    _ A _ _ A _
    luckycordel and HazardousCode like this.
  2. Is there an E?
    luckycordel and 607 like this.
  3. There is not, thanks for guessing. :)
    luckycordel likes this.
  4. There has to be an "I" :p
    luckycordel and 607 like this.
  5. But there isn't! ;)
    luckycordel likes this.
  6. How about an "S" :D
    607 likes this.
  7. Going to go with SALLAD and if that's wrong I'll guess the letter L
    607 and luckycordel like this.
  8. That funny, I was thunkin same thing. Greens on the brain :D
    607 and AncientTower like this.
  9. That's not even an English words, according to Wiktionary. :p It counts as a guess, though!
    Code:
    _ A _ S A L
    I was hoping for the 'S' to be guessed later. ;)
    luckycordel likes this.
  10. I'll use a word guess and go with "causal"
    luckycordel likes this.
  11. What not an English word, Oh Tower and I can't spell :eek: lol Too many L's. Salad :D
    607 likes this.
  12. SALLAD with two L's comes up in the wiktionary so I thought 607 might have tried to trick us...
    luckycordel likes this.
  13. Yeah it's in there, but it's not the English spelling. I think wiktionary even has it wrong for the Spanish spelling and the meaning is different. :D I'm still learning everyday! ;)
    607 likes this.
  14. Really? You don't know me well, then. Although actually, I did want to trick you with both 'minimizing' (no 'E' or 'A') and 'Causal' (more likely would be 'Casual', until you get either of the middle letters). :p

Yup.
    Why do you think it is wrong on Wiktionary? Or do I misinterpret your message? :p

This time I did the rewards right away. ;)
    luckycordel likes this.

15. I've been unable to find it in a few Spanish books I have. :rolleyes: Doesn't really mean their wrong, but at the same time any one can edit the Wiktionary. So I have a hard time trusting it. :D
  16. Well, it does say it's an informal declension. ;) It was added by a bot, by the way, who has presumably made thousands if not millions of such edits. :)
    luckycordel likes this.
  17. Jimmy Wales, is my best guess. :D Funny how one little letter can put me down a rabbit hole lol. :D
    Also it's a non-profit org. and in my opinion, there is no such thing as non-profit. Atleast not for long!;)
  18. Jimmy Wales? Rabbit hole indeed, I looked him up and I don't know what he would have to do with 'sallad'. :p And in reply to your other remark: Wikimedia has been non-profit for 15+ years, if we aren't being deceived. For internet terms, that seems pretty long to me!
    Edit: It took me a while to realise that I was reading about the downsides and risks of Wikipedia on Wikipedia. :p
    luckycordel likes this.