Foreign Languages?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by rykly18, Oct 24, 2016.

?

Foreign Language?

Spanish 23 vote(s) 32.9%
Latin 7 vote(s) 10.0%
French 12 vote(s) 17.1%
German 6 vote(s) 8.6%
Other (Post in comments!) 22 vote(s) 31.4%
  1. Ni mor duit lochtu Ceiltigh. Taimid i ngacg ait.

The language makes more sense than most. It just has its' own rules in ordering.
    Ryan_A_ likes this.
  2. There is an Android app called {tlhIngan Hol boQwI'} (Klingon Language Assistant). It's not a translator persay, but useful for vocabulary and some basic stuff.

The Arda Lambion site is an excellent place to learn Tolkien's languages, there's even a course for download.
    607, jossytheninja and Ryan_A_ like this.
  3. Funny story when I was in middle school I was active on another games forums website and became friends with this person who emailed me a link to "common phrases/sentences " in Tolkiens languages and it was like over 200 pages and I tried printing it all and my printer ran out of ink like 30 pages in and I panicked and got scared and didn't tell my dad till a couple days later when he bought more ink ...and there's a button on the printer you could press to continue printing from where you left off and he pressed it and it wouldn't stop printing papers xD needless to say I got in trouble and he never let me finish printing the rest of the pages so I gave up learning hehe
    Ryan_A_, 607 and Insanity42 like this.
  4. I am currently taking Spanish in high school, but I am pretty good at speaking Chinese since that's the language I speak at home. I still can't read it though. Chinese characters are hard ;-;
    Ryan_A_ and 607 like this.
  5. I was thinking more along the lines of the Celtic hatred of vowels.

It's for this reason I always laugh at Welsh road signs. I know the words, but... they look ridiculous.
    Ryan_A_ likes this.
  6. They were just ahead of their time is all. Look at how all you kids spell on the Internet. Half the time, the vowels are missing anyways. ;)
    Mob_Meal, Ryan_A_ and Insanity42 like this.
  7. I know of nobody who talks like this :p
    Ryan_A_ likes this.
  8. Yes you do.
    Ryan_A_ likes this.
  9. No, I really don't.
    Ryan_A_ likes this.
  10. I sadly do, people in real life talk like that sometimes. It's kinda cringey to hear
  11. People talking without vowels in real life? I don't think that'd be very doable in English.
    Ryan_A_ likes this.
  12. Wht r y tlkng abt? :p
    Ryan_A_ likes this.
  13. I know welsh (the basics only) as I was forced to learn it at school because my school was in wales. I didn't like learning welsh at all as to me it was a pointless language to learn considering everyone is wales speaks English anyway and it wasn't very popular with students at all. Now that I'm a little bit older now I do appreciate welsh a bit more, but i'm not going to advance my knowledge of it.

I learned German in school too, but I've forgot most of it now but I did like learning German but I can speak more German than Welsh.
    607 and Ryan_A_ like this.
  14. I was talking about "text talk"
  15. yo soy vaca leche
    jossytheninja and Ryan_A_ like this.
  16. Eso es extrano mi amigo.
    Also heeyyyy you're stupid.

Zdravo is formal, dum-dum.

*Cao, ja govorim srpski.

Zovem se Soul. Ja volim psi a ne volim mačke.

*Been learning/picking up more Serbian recently for some reason. It's quite a beautiful language.*
    Ryan_A_ likes this.
  17. Not only is it not nice to say that to people, it is also against the rules. Please keep those thoughts to yourself.
    Ryan_A_ likes this.
  18. What do you mean?
    Ryan_A_ and FadedMartian like this.
  19. ...

what
    Ryan_A_ and FadedMartian like this.
  20. He was talking to himself.... lmao
    Ryan_A_ likes this.