(OLD) FireFloor floor designs!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by JDHallows, Jun 3, 2018.

?

Are you going to send me a floor design to use at FireFloor?

Of course! I love designing stuff like that :D 11 vote(s) 34.4%
Yes, because I have a cool design idea I want to see at FireFloor 4 vote(s) 12.5%
Not sure, I might 8 vote(s) 25.0%
No, I don't think so - I like to look at them though :D 9 vote(s) 28.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. At my last FireFloor, I used a special floor design that I had created using the new concrete powders and their amazing array of colors. With that idea in mind, I decided to open the floor to our EMC members to send me some cool FireFloor designs!

Send me either a schematic or world download of a pixel art FireFloor design, and I'll look into using it at my next FireFloor event! (Feel free to share your pixel art floor design on this thread, as well ;) )

The design can be anything you want, as long as:
    • It is EMC appropriate
    • It has to use sand, red sand, gravel, or any of the concrete powders. You can not use any other falling blocks at this time.
    • The dimensions must be 78x78, because that is the size of the arena floor. The entire grid must be filled too, it can not have any holes/empty spots.
    I look forward to seeing what you guys send me!

Note: To send me the floor design, use a website like Google Drive or MediaFire - both allow you to upload and share files for free. Once you upload it, just send me the download link to the file in a forum pm. You can also send the link to me via a Discord pm. (I believe you can also send the file itself using Discord, as long as it's not too large. Schematic files should be fine, but world downloads might be too big for Discord.)

Edit: Wanted to add, because just had a discussion about this in-game with somebody: Your design doesn't have to be "good" to be used. I mean take a look at mine here. The pixel art design is just about having fun and seeing your art at a FireFloor event, no matter how good or bad it is :D So go make a floor design for me to use!
  2. Would love to submit can I just make it on a res
    JDHallows likes this.
  3. SMP reses are 60x60, which would be too small for the FireFloor arena (which is 78x78). You can make it on a Utopia res though, if you have one :)
    607, FadedMartian and Tuqueque like this.
  4. Maybe a Yin Yang design could be cool
    khixan and JDHallows like this.
  5. Do it!
    khixan and FadedMartian like this.
  6. Something I'd add:
    Maybe try to make it fit in with the current firefloor room?

I mean, something brightly colourfull would maybe feel a little out of place here...

Just me spending a few minutes finding out I still cannot pixel art (that e is terrible) :p
    Not sure why you would use it, but, if you want to, It's south(east) from ma spawn on buildteam. Also, that "fire" is written in what basically is my handwriting. I think people who know me would recognise it, due to my original way of f'ing :rolleyes: (sorry, I had to...)
    FadedMartian likes this.
  7. I should make a Doctor Who themed one!!!
  8. I think you should refrain from using religious symbols or references in official EMC events. :) (assuming Tuqueque means Yin and Yang, if 'Jing Jang' references something else, never mind :p)
    Smooshed_Potato likes this.
  9. Lol! That would be great!
    JDHallows and Krysyy like this.
  10. Chins face using concrete powder.
  11. It's yin and yang for goodness sakes. It's plastered all over the pop culture world. That's like saying I shouldn't use doctor who because it's time travel and time travel isn't believed by everyone.
  12. So are crosses. Even Madonna's known for wearing one. There are also plenty of non-religious things plastered all over the pop culture world (drugs, sex) that aren't EMC-appropriate and surely shouldn't be used in a firefloor design.
    And no, it's not like saying that. Doctor Who is from a tv series. Not from a form of religion.
  13. Okie! How about we talk about floor designs again! This is gettin pretty controversial
  14. This is about floor designs. :p Apparently, foor designs are controversial. ;)

Edit, so I don't use up more of the thread: Woah, between this post and now, I came across reference to yin and yang twice, both in totally unexpected locations. I'm not sure if that's a sign, and if it is, I'm not sure of what...
    Smooshed_Potato likes this.
  15. Finally we can use RainbowChin's face.
    white_trash_dna and JDHallows like this.
  16. Already working on my second design. Defenitely gonna toss rainbow and jd's faces in.
    NuclearBobomb, JDHallows, 607 and 2 others like this.
  17. I love this idea! I might try to send one soon, but I doubt it.
  18. Actually, I decided I would make one, then I was determined to, and did. Good luck replicating this! lol

19. I sent the schematic file to you on Discord JD. Now I need to get back to bed. 4 hours till work gah!

20. This was my first design, btw

SpriteCraft and Worldedit are the best mods/programs in the history of this game. period.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.