Fendy Photography

Discussion in 'Shutter Talk' started by FDNY21, Oct 19, 2014.

1. So many Minis! :D

The Spitfire Mini is awesome...
    AnonReturns, Eviltoade and 607 like this.

2. B4DMAN5IMON was in that race?!
  3. 5imon can drive? Didn't think he could ride a bike, this is news to me :eek:
    Eviltoade likes this.
  4. Apparently so! :rolleyes:
    Depends if you call being one of the last ones around the corner in the picture "driving" ;)

(though in all seriousness, there were a lot of cars behind :p)
    ItsMeWolffpack and Eviltoade like this.
  5. Today is Audi Driver International! A whole new album will be available very soon, hopefully including a lot of Audi quattros... :D

But for now, here is more from Grand Finals!

Nissan Silvia S14 in the Combe Saloons!

Suzuki Swift in the Combe Saloons!
    AnonReturns and 607 like this.
  6. The last post on Grand Finals for now... here's the damaged Mini, repaired (to an extent) and taking the fight back to the track!

The Davrian/Darrian being chased by a Ferrari!

Without further ado, here's the new Audi Driver International album! https://www.facebook.com/fendysphotos/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1136161753144534

Pictures from the Audi album will be posted here very soon :) That pretty much brings this year to a close... I don't think there's any more events after this!
  7. Let's crack open this Audi Driver party!

First up, this amazing Audi quattro...

And if people see you on the corner in that hi-viz, some people pull a pose! Had this one today :D
  8. Here come more... this time in the form of an Audi 90 quattro!

Audi themselves brought along some interesting cars, including this one! I believe this one is one of the early Audi 100s!
    AnonReturns likes this.
  9. So much quattro...

Just can't beat it! 5 pot goodness :)
  10. So, here I can show you the differences between the wide body quattro and the standard body quattro/GT...

Here we have a black coupe turbo with wide body arches:

In this picture, we have a black coupe with standard body, no flared arches. This coupe could be a GT or a quattro, and if it is a quattro it could be a turbo or it may not be. If it's a GT then it could have a 4 pot instead of a 5 pot engine as well. I believe this one was a 5 pot GT or quattro, I can't remember which - sometimes they give it away as some say quattro on the front but some don't, just to keep you guessing ;)

Even more variants come into play if you consider different age ranges as well... very early GT/quattro will be flat front with quad headlamps, slightly later is flat front with whole piece headlamps and after that, for the majority of time, it was as is in the pictures, the slanted headlamps and grille. The earlier GTs, and perhaps some of the later ones had a smaller spoiler at the back too!

All sorts of things I've picked up on... :D
  11. The Audi Driver album reached a whopping 1,269 people so far, amazing! Easily the most popular album I've had to date!

At Audi Driver, I talked to the owner of this flat front full piece headlight GT. The guy was very interesting and he had a lot to say and a lot of pictures of the car to show me. He has owned this car for 30 years now, 30 years of the 33 years that the car has existed!

Audi Driver wouldn't be complete without the Oceanic Blue Audi quattro ur that we've seen a few times now! Only 4 of these made in the UK in the 1980's, this one is potentially the only one left, I don't think I've ever seen any of the others!
  12. I think it's really cool how you're gaining so much knowledge on this subject! :)
    FDNY21 likes this.
  13. I already knew some of this a while back, but you're right, going to these events is still getting me more knowledge - for example I didn't know about the 4 UK oceanic blue quattros before, but now within the last few weeks I do!

Since the last few events, I've actually started talking to more people at these events too, and that's great :D

Next couple! Starting with one of the newer Audi TTS cars, I like the style of the newer TT cars, wasn't a fan of the older ones but these are nice!

The mighty Audi Sport quattro! If anyone that spots the one thing wrong with this quattro (apart from the car not being mine) then they get an internet cookie :p
    607 and AnonReturns like this.
  14. Okay, I'll tell you ;) You can see the quattro grille on the left hand side is lower down than on the right hand side if you look closely at where it fits at the top corners :p

Either an Audi 80 or 90 quattro leaving one of the green areas, passing the quattro owner's club stand...

Great looking Audi Coupe GT 5S! These things look great, this is one of the early ones because it has the quad lamps :)
  15. More differences now! Here we can see a wide body Audi coupe quattro turbo...

And here we have the GT we saw from the front in the last picture!

The main differences are as follows... firstly, the spoiler. The spoiler on the GT is smaller and much more flat to the boot. The GT could use the quattro spoiler as well though, so it's not an obvious giveaway. Other main differences include the exhaust, which is a twin tip on the quattro and a single curve tip on the GT, and we can also see the bumpers are integrated on the quattro but the GT has a plastic bumper over the metal one underneath. Some of the non wide body quattros integrated both the plastic and the double metal bumpers to make a metal one holding a plastic one, so it can be a bit mix and match ;)

The different colours of the lights and the coupe piece are different in this case because it's an early GT and an older quattro. The earlier quattro could have the lights like the early GT did, but I think it's rarer for a GT to have the darkened ones like the later quattros...

But the main difference between the cars? The badges! :D
  16. This Audi Coupe GT is owned by a nice chap I talked to for a while. This example is only just over 50,000 miles, and was a really great deal. Most of the car is original and that's amazing. I'm tempted by one of these, might have to get one in the future, they're 5 cylinder too! At the minute though, it's even harder to get these than a quattro. Even though the quattro is much, much more expensive, the GTs slipped under the net and are harder to find, but are much cheaper to buy when they do come up.

They call these rims the "Cookie Cut Wheels" ;)

You can see the 52k mileage on the clock... amazing!
  17. Here comes the quattro widebody turbo crew...

Easily one of the best places at Audi Driver ;)
  18. Quattro...

The best :cool: I believe this white one has the 20 valve engine, one of the last quattros made, such a great engine that it costs a considerable amount more than the other 10 valve quattros!
  19. *amount, I think :)
  20. Corrected. I was expecting a more exciting message when I saw you had quoted my post in the thread, though. :rolleyes:
    607 likes this.