[ Feature Discussion ] Empire Shop Management System

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by IcecreamCow, Jul 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. If your prices are set to low, those who pay attention will just buy them all up fast and sell them for their higher prices, how it's done now. I see all the time items going for INSANELY low prices. They last about 20 seconds and then everyone still has to go to the more expensive shops.
    Dubzy1 likes this.
  2. If the shop owners are also using the system then they won't be hurt. People will use it to buy from them as well. If someone has lower prices, they deserve the sale, and again they will go out of stock faster, leaving sales going to those with higher prices as well.
  3. Aikar's job has him dealing with enhancing performance with web components and he's told us he'll be able to add things (and tweak current things) to make performance good. :)
  4. When I look at this I'm not looking at wild players to be honest, they again, won't have any major advantage. They will need to do as they do right now in order to use it and BE in town. We're looking for easier ways for the average (not big mall player) person to be able to take advantage of our market system.
    LZBZ_DW likes this.
  5. I don't know, ICC, i think it's pretty simple system right now. We have a huge community. There are many, many little kids on and I see no one having any problems making a shops.
    Of course some are successful, other are not, but then again even with Aikar's simple system in mind, there will still be a lot of people who won't know how to earn money. I'm sure of it. You guys maybe have not seen enough of some kids that are so lazy they can't make sticks themselves. They want to buy sticks from shop. If they can't get sticks, they won't buy planks or logs to make them. Unfortunely there are many of those. And those will still beg for money.
    With the new system all shops will have to have equal prices, so I doubt you will be able to earn a lot of rupees with that system. So it will be still the same for town folks. If you don't go into wild and get stuff yourself, there's not much profit for you. They will still be out of rupees, begging again.
    There is no problem in current system to be too hard to make money, it's just people aren't working hard enough.
  6. its not true at all, all of your comments have been baseless with no grounding what so ever, SHOW us all qoutes and links to where the people have been complaining?
    Herbrin3 likes this.
  7. You're also forgetting that we're looking towards the future. There's not much improvement we can do on the current shop system...but imagine this:

A plugin where you can upload a schematic you made in single player, and it automatically breaks down the materials you need for that project and makes orders for you in the new system. There are things people are missing here.

I'd like everyone to please focus on how we can make this work for all parties instead of making a it a "this idea rules" or "this idea sucks" thread. IDEAS. :)
    SephirothWS likes this.
  8. People private message me for the reasons of remaining anonymous. I pride myself on respecting that privacy of our players. :)
    SephirothWS likes this.
  9. We need to think of ways to make both methods of trading desirable. As I suggested before, the website-trading could be more desirable for bulk buyers (1 out of every 10 people), leaving sign shop-trading to be more desirable for small item buyers (9 out of every 10 people). This would keep the big-mall-builders/shop owners happy since the number of people visiting/admiring/complimenting their shop would be hardly dented, whereas it would give everyone something new and interesting to play with.
  10. Thank you for that. That's the kind of discussion I'm looking for, haha.
    Tehwafflez likes this.
  11. Fair. I hope I didn't come across as the latter, but in terms of ideas, I very much like roblikescakes's post earlier on that laid out ideas for a plugin where the web-based stuff was based off of the chest shops in-game. The idea of a tax or waiting period to pick up your goods may also work well. I also really like Dubzy's most recent suggestion about bulk buying through the plugin. Building off his suggestion, maybe people could post listings for smaller amounts, but there is a minimum price they must sell it for(that way it will encourage people to either buy in bulk or buy in chest shop stores) that lowers as they sell in bigger amounts. For example:

Player wants to sell logs.
    If he sells 64, price listing must be a minimum of 100r per 64 logs
    If he sells 1000, price listing must be a minimum of 50r per 64 logs

Chest shops could remain competitive by selling 64 logs for 80r. That way, most people will try to buy in bulk or go to shops for lower prices.
    Rilibi, Beaverbeliever and Dubzy1 like this.
  12. No worries you didn't. People who disagree with the idea aren't the ones I consider the "nay-sayers". My goal here is to simply find a way to take this awesome idea (it is really cool when you look at all the possibilities) and mix it in with the vibe we have. Everything is possible and I really just want to avoid the talk of "ITS ONE WAY OR NO WAY".

Instead of thinking of it "replacing" what we have...think of it as molding an awesome (and NOT on any other MC server) feature.
    Tehwafflez likes this.
  13. Chuck in an hour-ish shipping time as well to mogrimoogle's idea. Those wanting to buy eight dirt blocks and an egg would prefer searching and buying from a chest-shop mall instead of waiting.
  14. That is epic....

best of both worlds, you want it right away you visit a store . or you want it cheaper wait online
    CaesarCelestian and SephirothWS like this.
  15. Basically.

Remember, if you want anything else added, post it now - useful suggestions instead of unrelated insults. The main reason why I'm coming up with ideas and posting them is because ICC is actually reading them, and it may impact how this feature is added.
  16. Yup, just to add, there's no reason to rush ideas....feel free to think things through. We're not on a huge mission to set this up RIGHT NOW! Haha. Like everything we like to make it perfect for EMC first. You guys are just at the base of a brainstorming session is all.
  17. Mostly it's like that. I support new ideas, new things like pvp server that Aikar has in mind. (even tho i would probably not use it). So i support new stuff to be implemented, so server won't get boring and all that, but don't change current things that are working fine. Althought I kinda like Dubzy's idea.
  18. As stated, the goal isn't to change it, but to add to it. :)
  19. Your main input was:
    But now that I've answered your question with a possible solution, do you have anything to add? Are you in favour of this new feature? Do you think that anything could go wrong?
  20. Alright so possible things to get this plugin working without making signshops less popular:
    1 dubzy's idea for waiting an hour to get items
    2 due to waiting, it is better to get small amounts in player shops

my additional ideas:
    Option 1:A cooldown.
    Player X decides to get 3 stacks of sandstone from Player Y. He waits an hour and gets his stacks of sandstone. Ofcourse Player Y already received the money, and Player X had to wait for the items.
    Now he used his Stockmarketthingy(not sure how to call it yet), he can only use it after 3 hours after he decided to buy. So after the waiting of an hour, he has 2 more hours to go. This will make it even more attractive to use it for bulk buys only.

Option 2: No cooldown
    If it has no cooldown, this idea can be a new way of making money, by holding stock. Only downside would be the 1hour wait.

I'm starting to believe this can work out, it needs some more tweaks. Community, this is the time to speak :)
    Dubzy1 and IcecreamCow like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.