[FARM] Shulker Reaktor: Infinite Shells For Life!

Discussion in 'Business Listings' started by DrasLeona247, Oct 23, 2021.

1. wait im confused.. did the update break the farm? changed game mechanics? or just break down naturally again? :p
  2. shulkers are having issues since before the update, a bit more than 2 weeks by my notes.
    FadedMartian likes this.
  3. Indeed what Fred said.
    The farm started crashing more often but i managed to keep it mostly working, untill a few days before the update when all the shulkers inside the farm all disappeared at the same time. (Which is a bit problematic)

Sidenote: you will notice that since the waste reset about 80% of end cities are also missing their shulkers. Things seem unstable for the shulker business. We'll attempt to fix the farm as soon as there is more news on the cause (and fix) for the problem.
    Elessar and FadedMartian like this.
  4. Quick update!

So our setup has an emergency stash of spare shulkers that can be inserted into the machine if necessary. However, when Progryck tried to use these, they would also disappear.

Our farm originally ran using the babies of enraged shulkers, which are also colored red. It seems that after 1.19, EMC now handles these babies as enraged, and thus gives them a 30-minute despawn timer. This explains why the farm keeps breaking.

The solution to this is to insert normal purple shulkers found in end cities...but these are extremely hard to find in the Frontier End. Though this is a daunting task, JNightwind generously volunteered to do it, and he is currently transporting some purple shulkers from very far away via a railroad suspended over the void :rofl: :lmao:

And then, while transporting them, he forgot he was wearing Thorns on his armor and afk'd....and then the shulker shot him and killed himself, so he has to start over :(

But, the farm should be running as normal soon. Will update when that happens! Big thanks to JNightwind for all his efforts and help :)
    KatydidBuild and EfficiencyV like this.
  5. FYI, I do not expect that.
    We never used enraged shulker babies and the public farm has the same issue.
  6. This is a different private shulker farm currently--it works completely fine with purple shulkers
    EfficiencyV likes this.
  7. I'll try rebooting it again then.

You tested it by unloading/reloading the chunks/dimension by going away from the farm with nobody at the farm, I suppose
  8. for the other farm I indeed went there, loaded it in, unloaded, went away for a couple days, came back, ran around, accidentally died, came back later and everything. somehow it's still fine at the moment so it's worth a shot.
  9. scrap that: just went back, now they are gone too.
    so: shulker farms are officially broken for the time
    Fred_TWK and DrasLeona247 like this.
  10. Thanks for looking into the problem.

Fortunately I was able to collect a life time supply of shells since becoming a member of your farm so I can ride out the down time in comfort.

Also, thanks for posting the pic of the interior of the farm. I was always wondering what was going on behind the walls.
    DrasLeona247 likes this.
  11. This is sad to hear: but I have been noticing 'other' anomalies at times since the update, so I suspect it isn't the only thing getting out of whack.
  12. Forgot to update--the farm has been working!

DarkAngel got 5+ DC's recently so it is back to full power :)

Ofc, it has moods and occasionally breaks, but lmk if it does and I will annoy Progryck
    farmerguyson, TECtock and Tuqueque like this.

13. How recent? Cause I sent CallMeTower out there I wanna say like 4-5 days ago. It wasn’t working then but the exact day CallMeTower was there can be found with /p callmetower
  14. Yesterday! And progryck confirmed it's working rn
    AncientTower likes this.
  15. FYI: I was at this farm a couple days ago and didn't get any shells. I was there for about an hour.
  16. i am there currently and am getting shells did u press the button?
  17. Excellent, that's great to hear.

I did press the button after being there for 20 minutes.
    ttyler333 likes this.
  18. just bought in and seen the post was originally 2021... Scared me.
    DrasLeona247 likes this.
  19. Make sure to do a friend request to DrasCorp. The output chest is locked for access by DrasCorp and friends.

I think DrasLeona247 will have to be online to accept the friend request, DrasCorp is one of their accounts.
    ttyler333 and AncientTower like this.
  20. Hey thanks for the purchase! As farmer noted send a friend request to DrasCorp and then it'll get you access :) I'll mail a starter box in the meantime
    ttyler333 and AncientTower like this.