[FARM] Shulker Reaktor: Infinite Shells For Life!

Discussion in 'Business Listings' started by DrasLeona247, Oct 23, 2021.

1. Ladies and gentlemen of EMC, behold the answer to all of your organizational needs...the final say in the word that is the Empire Minecraft shulker economy.

We present to you the Shulker Reaktor, a grand undertaking that transcended its bland existence as a simple farm and became a work of art. No expense has been spared to offer you the utmost in style, aesthetics, and comfort as you reap the fruits the Reaktor has to offer. And what are these fruits?

1 Stack of Shulker Shells / 5-7 minutes of complete AFK time*
    *Conservative estimate. Will sometimes be faster than this, but shouldn't be less.

Never have to purchase another shell again with this nonstop supply at your fingertips.

Now, to answer the question you all have on your minds: how to join in and share this glorious cornucopia of pleasure? Simply view the next post for more details!

Due to the nature of the goods of this farm, there is a passkey system implemented that allows only those with keys to enter. The keys are on sale at 10050 on smp5, with details on how to navigate to/use the farm. The price is currently 50k. The key will grant you lifetime access to the farm, and thus infinite shells for the rest of your life on EMC.

Farm Staff:

Progryck: Main Builder
    DrasLeona247: Administration, Main Builder
    Tanks_are_cool: Builder
    Storm_ily: Builder
    Ryko369: Redstone Security Services
    bryanm61: Redstone Assistance
    CardinAction: Builder
  2. The Reaktor has officially opened!

(While the rail system is not complete yet, simply follow the instructions detailed in the passkey book to navigate to the farm. An elytra, while not required, is recommended, since the pathways aren't completely closed off yet)

The farm rate has been updated above to reflect a more conservative estimate of the output.

Keys are on sale at 10050 on smp5. The cost (50k) will be split between me and Progryck, and will cover the ~400k it costed to build the farm. Why such a high cost? If you enter the farm, you will see ;)

The keys contain all of the information you will need.

Lastly, the first 10 buyers of keys will receive by mail a commemorative DrasCorp head (designed by Progryck) that is the symbol of the farm: a black and purple shulker. Only 10 of these exist, and they are quite exquisite, so best be quick with your pass purchase :)

3. Color me intrigued. Let me know if you need any materials for construction and Ill be looking to buy a key for that in the near future.
    DrasLeona247 likes this.
  4. interesting. i'm curious how long...:
    1. it is before the first griefer comes by and (hopefully) fails at causing any damage
    2. it is kept a close secret of the key and the directions to get there. :)
  5. Don't worry, I've got the key and the door well secured. ;)
  6. i am curious :)
  7. The Reaktor has now opened! Check the 2nd post in this thread to see details on how to get your key and claim your exclusive head :)
  8. Watch out for people trying trying to sell copies of the key. I suggest renewing the key code every few months. By mailing out the new key you know who should all be there during those months.

Just my 2r
    EfficiencyV and DrasLeona247 like this.
  9. Don't worry! If you use a signed book as a key, then only the original writer can make copies :)
  10. oh snap forgot those stack lol
    EfficiencyV likes this.
  11. Please keep us posted on the operation of the farm, like when it breaks or gets fixed.

It's a very impressive build.
    DrasLeona247 likes this.
  12. Will do! Farm is broken at this moment, but will be fixed within the next day or 2 :)
    We are working on a repair module that should prevent this from happening, but waiting on Progryck to return from vacation

In meantime, just keep a track of how much y'all afk and I'll mail over some shells :)
  13. is there a limited amout of keys available? if so can ya save me one for a few hours until i get home?
    DrasLeona247 likes this.
  14. Nope! The 10 heads have been claimed, but you can still get a key at 10050 on smp5 :)
    FadedMartian likes this.
  15. aw lame okay ty
  16. Farm is fixed now! A new compact repair module has been installed so that, in the event the middle control shulker dies, he can be replaced with a new "volunteer" within seconds
  17. Farm Update:

A lot of people have been using the farm lately and it seems EMC mechanics have caused it to break.
    Therefore, a new and improved version has been implemented as of today. Since this is a new part of the farm, expect a few crashes the next few days as we test everything. Thank you all for your patience.

Some players wanted to know how our farm works, so in order to satisfy those curious souls among you I made a small summary:

- The inside of the farm is made of a lot of glass, alternating strips of 2 blocks wide. This is where the shulkers spend their short but eventful life.

- Around these glass tubes are a few rings filled with scaffolding. These trick the shulkers into thinking there are more spots to teleport to than there actually are, making them more likely to produce an offspring.

- Then, in the middle of all of this, we have our willing volunteer, bob the snowman. 1 shulker is put in a minecart and rides past Bob, Bob then makes the shulker angry by hitting them, which then angers all the shulkers in the farm.

- All this together causes the shulkers to fire randomly around them, hitting themselves and other shulkers. With every hit they teleport around and can create offspring, keeping a healthy population in the farm at all times.

Now for the tricky part; the middle shulker.

In the middle there is a shulker in a minecart that travels up and down, getting hit by the snowman and then leaving again. The tricky part is that this shulker may NEVER hit itself, else they will die and the farm will stop. Sadly, EMC seems to dislike mob AI and even though the farm works perfectly offline, it often breaks after a few hours online.
    Today we added a safety mechanism in order to hopefully stop the farm from breaking ever again.

A few extra shulkers were put in minecarts and are constantly traveling around the farm in a big circle. Whenever one of them manages to die, an empty minecart will thus travel around the farm. Along the track are a lot of spots for shulkers to teleport to though, so the minecart is refilled with a new shulker before it gets back to the middle of the farm. This way the farm is constantly fixing itself. We will update this thread with the result of this expansion in a few days depending on how well it works.

18. A new auto-brewer created by Progryck has been shooting the middle shulker with healing potions, ensuring (thus far) he does not die!

The farm is now very efficient and shouldn't break anymore.

Buy your key today :)
  19. Nice Reactor! I'll Buy One key if i've cash. Anyways, Brilliant Idea in emc :)
    UltiPig likes this.