Farewell, I guess

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by 99marvel, Jun 4, 2017.

1. Well, today I hit 5 years on EMC. Today I also found out that everything I have spent my time on for the last 5 years is gone.. My minecraft for what ever reason won't let me join servers, but I haven't really bothered fixing it because I've been busy with school. I've been voting to say active but I guess I missed too many days, and looking at the live map today I saw that both of my spawn res's have been reclaimed. Everything I have ever worked for on emc, for 5 years, was on one of them. All my items, valuables, beacons, elytra, a massive item sorter, $50 worth of supporter vouchers, my Incantus that I claimed from the promo myself back in the day, everything. I haven't been very active, only off and on, but what always kept me coming back is all my old stuff from the days when I played every day, all my wealth, just there waiting for me. So now that it's all gone there's nothing to come back to so there's really not any point anymore. It honestly brings me to tears to think of all the time I've put into playing, and money too, just to have it all be gone. I might come on occasionally just to see what's new but for the most part, farewell EMC, it's been a pretty good 5 years.
  2. Sad to see someone who's been around almost as long as me to go ;(

But I guess we all move on to other things
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  3. Such a sad story indeed :(

I know it's probably too late but feel free to PM me about that, maybe I can still help sort the whole thing out.

I'm really sorry to hear that :(

And I also know what might have been causing this (just a guess): a few years back the derelict time reset was 30 days, so the moment you voted you'd get the same reset as if you came online. Many considered this to be unfair and so that got changed to a maximum of 7 days. So basically you had to vote at least one time every week (7 days) to keep the derelict timer away.

I know this doesn't help you, nor will it be very motivating, but still wanted to mention this for any other possible readers.

I can very well understand the frustration and the disappointment. Still... it could also be a challenge to try and rebuild. Won't be easy, and you'd somewhat start from 0 again, but it could be a challenge nonetheless. If you would decide this way I'm pretty sure we could find some people who'd be happy to donate a little bit to help you get restarted again (I would!).

As MBA said... really sorry to hear and also sorry to see you leave.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  4. Well, I guess I always kinda wanted to live in the wild, have a decent sized outpost, but I was always pretty locked down to town, being that everything I had was there. Now I guess since everything is gone I could rebuild where nothing will ever reset... It just really sucks because I had everything set up where I had literally anything I needed for any project, if someone asked me 'hey do you have some ___ I could have?" It would only take me a minute to go grab or make it.

And I was thinking to myself "hey, now that I lost two plots I could activate diamond again, with that voucher I bought" BUT NO those were in a preview chest on that res. Is there any kind of replacement policy on vouchers, like there is on voters stuff? Being that they are kind of worth real money... I had a diamond, two gold, and an iron in that chest...
  5. Man, I'm sorry... Your plots were just there a few days ago. Must of just happened within the last 36hrs.

This does bring an opportunity for you to do the /wild outpost... Start from nothing and work your way back up. Don't just leave....
    Tuqueque and Equinox_Boss like this.
  6. Always sad to see another member leave. :(

I wish you the best of luck outside of EMC. Hope your will comeback one day. I wish I could Eli with getting your 5 years of hard work back. -Fallout
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  7. If you are serious about starting again I will mail you my diamond voucher that I will never use.
  8. That's what I was afraid of... I realized on Saturday that the last time I had voted was last Friday...

My gosh dude, would you really? It wouldn't be right for me to take you up on that unless I was sure I would use it, but I was planning on being active again when school got out, before all this happened.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  9. I can feel that. It has happened to me two times - although only partially, as my main res wasn't lost.

That.

At first, I didn't like the town at all. Back then, three things kept me from leaving the town - possible Wild reset (it was called Wild back then), danger of griefing (combined with forced "map show" for non-supporters) - and that someone talked me into starting a shop - which is now, 5 years later, still only possible in the town.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  10. I am sad to see you go too, we had some fun times together in the group when everyone was sleep deprived and talking nonsense xD Best of luck outside of EMC :)
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  11. D: Marvel don't go. Right before I was going to hit 4 years on EMC (literally like 5 days before) I was banned. I ended up losing my Saltar, my 4 years worth of promos (even though they didn't exist when I joined). I lost all my reses also, my Batcave replica, my old B.T.B. Towers, my old New Player Facility. Also all my rupees and TEXP were removed when I was unbanned and purged 6 months later. But while when I was banned I was very sad I was going to lose all this, I realized the opportunity it gave me. New ideas came to me, like my 4x4 16 res complex. I know what it is like to lose years of progress on EMC, but I also know it is easy to recover. In less than 100 days I got 16 reses in a 4x4 area, with help from friends like K_Kick, Midnigh19 and AmyLeePlayz we built an astonishing amount, and I reached my first 1 million rupees on EMC. Without a doubt it is hard to lose all the progress you have made, even I still wish I could see my Batcave replica again, but without a doubt you can start over and be successful! Also if you ever need someone to vote for you while you aren't active just tell me and I'll have you covered.
    WardleDeBoss and Equinox_Boss like this.
  12. Check mail and rupee balance. I don't know if your rupee balance was reset but it should be enough to get you started again.
    AncientTower and Faithcaster like this.
  13. You see, a large part of the reason I was so devastated in loosing my plots is all the sentimental aspects, and all the memories I had stored there... But like, when I announce that I think I'm leaving all of you guys care enough to reply (and send me stuff at an insane level), all people I've known from 3+ years ago, even with my mostly inactivity the last couple years. It's really quite sentimental seeing all of you guys.. So I guess when finals are done and I get my MC to work again I'll come back around. I won't have homework for a year and a half now, I'm graduating high school on the 10th and taking a gap year, so I'll have all kinds of time.
  14. I dont know you at all, but this story makes me sad. If you need anything stop by /v +VelMart smp6 while Im on and I will hook you up, on the house
    Equinox_Boss and ChespinLover77 like this.
  15. Farewell, I guess

May we meet again
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  16. Hey man, it really saddens me to hear that all your work from the last 5 years are gone :( and understandably and rightfully so you are upset over it, but if there's anything you need let me know I'll try my best to help ya out.

If we don't end up crossing paths again though, just remeber to have fun wherever life takes you and you'll always have people here to talk to :D
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  17. So I just had a talk with a good friend of mine about this... You can find some vault vouchers and other trinkets in your inbox soonish. You can sell the vouchers of course (that's totally your call to make!) but I'd suggest you invest some in getting more vault pages. And then using those vault pages to store your most precious stuff in.

Thing is: if you go derelict then your residence(s) risk resetting, but not your /vault nor your enderchests. Maybe food for thought?

Yeah, saw your PM, going to get back to you about that soon :cool: Can't promise a response this evening, but tomorrow most definitely.

But whatever you do Marvel: do keep in mind that school & real life comes first. Just saying to make sure ;)
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  18. I do keep a lot of my most valuable things in my vault, so I still have my promos but like... They don't really do much you know? They just sort of sit there haha. Thanks a bunch though :D
    Equinox_Boss and benthebobjr like this.
  19. Hi Marvel I am so glad you've changed your mind and decided to stay! :) If you need anything on your return just give me a shout. I'm over on smp5 now so when you're back pop over and say hi :D missed you buddy :p
    Equinox_Boss and ShelLuser like this.
  20. I mean... I suppose the original creation of this thread was a bit premature, within the hour that I realized I had lost everything. Somehow I always find my way back to this game, I don't even know why sometimes :D