[EVENT] Haunted Horrors

Discussion in 'Empire Events' started by IceQueenDawn, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Ohmegerd its FOXY???!!!!
    MeddlesomeFoxy likes this.
  2. This event is a disaster. From most of the games I've been to so far, mobs are spawned on one player until they die, then mobs are spawned on the next player. This is stupid.
    _Levy_McGarden_ and EmpireMall like this.
  3. Honestly, it's catastrophic. With the first 2 rounds I went to, SS flew around, and not randomly, but directly attacking one person, with fire until they die, or spawning mobs directly onto people, and once they die, they go on to the next person. I had a (heated) discussion with Alex and JD about it, and that seemed to solve the problems. For a while, nothing bad happened. Then Runder got targeted with an immense amount of mobs spawned directly above him. Even after running away, more mobs got spawned onto him until he died. Almost immediately after, the same thing happened to me. The worst part is there was absolutely no warning, and unless I saw wrong, the person spawning them was in /vanish. I won the game, so like woo woo rah rah whatever, but it's still catastrophic. The event idea is GREAT. I'd love to see it work out, but until we get a fair round, that won't happen.
    _Levy_McGarden_ and Rundercaster like this.
  4. Instead of complaining about what something isn't, focus on what it is. Not every event is going to be tailored to your every whim because you aren't the only player here. You're going to push the team to not want to do these events with attitude.Give the team a bit more respect for the effort they went through for everyone's enjoyment. Not everything goes perfectly the first time an event is ran, but they tried something new. I'll get it started...

Great job events team on a great idea and awesome execution! Glad the event is able to be run multiple times so that more players get to enjoy it. Can't wait for more seasonal events! :)

(If you think this post is harsh, then maybe you too need to look at how often you complain about something not being something specific rather than appreciate it for what it is. Seems quite a few players need that wake up call lately. Especially before we get into the seasonal time on EMC and we determine what to give out and what events to host.)
  5. You don't seem to understand. Players are being targeted by staff with mobs until they die, which completes removes them from the game and any chance of winning and having fun. Sean said the event idea is great, I too love the idea. We just don't like the way it's being done at the moment.
    cubefragment likes this.
  6. It's not being ran how it was originally planned because it didn't work and players were dying of hunger faster. SS were called in to fix that so there was actually an event in the first place. They targeted campers, as they do in all mob arena type events, and randomly spawned mobs. It was ran, not cancelled. Focus on that instead and stop being a brat.
  7. And you know what, I agree with you because it's a good idea (as I stated above) and I think it has a WHOLE lot of potential. So yes, excellent work, events team. I think it's awesome to see you guys pumping things out, and I absolutely loved the Tunnel of Love. And yes, every event is going to have it's rough patches. I'm not mad about the fact that there was a problem. I'm mad about the fact that it's STILL a problem. I've mentioned this to several people, and yet it's still happening.

EDIT : (I've stated my point and I'm done now bc I don't want a mute or anything of the matter. My lack of self control when debating is immense, as I'm sure many have seen)
  8. It can't be fixed in the blink of an eye. It was either cancel all events of the day or run a modified version. They ran the modified version.
    benthebobjr and Dramanya like this.
  9. No. No. No.

It's not people camping, it's not any of that. Stop thinking of that. It's the fact that people are being chosen to be removed from the game. The staff team (ss) aren't robots, they chose who they are going to spawn mobs on. Then they don't stop. If you get chosen then you are out of the game, tough luck. This is a concern.

The fact that you are straight up insulting me here is just a bit rude. I am trying to offer help on to how this event could be fair for ALL players. I'm simply saying that people are being targeted in the event. Yes I understand that mobs are being spawned on campers, but to use an example from the last game I just played. I moved from where I was, away from the mobs that were spawned, and the mobs were then spawned on me, in my new position. Then I moved again, and the same thing happened. I was targeted with mobs until I died, then other people were targeted with mobs till they died. It's not fair for anyone who gets chosen by the person spawning the mobs, and it isn't random chance either.

This is what makes it unfair, this is all that needs changing to make this event work correctly.
    cubefragment likes this.
  10. The mobs chase the player they chose to chase from the point they are spawned. When you were being chased were you adequately counting how many mobs were being spawned on other players? How do you know that there weren't mobs being spawned randomly and you happened to move to the next spot as the SS spawned the next set? If you recorded their spawning habits, then please send me a link. Otherwise it's hearsay at this point and your word conflicts with the logs of plans they were haphazardly throwing together last minute for players not to just die of hunger. Not once do I see anything about them targeting a certain point player.

As for the insult, I'm calling a spade a spade. You are complaining about an event on a server that you don't play on anymore, yet you haven't actually left as you claim you have. Every post you've made lately has been rude or complaining about something. The event was ran and had issues. Props to the hosts for having a plan b up their sleeve, albeit a rough one. When we get time to fix it, we'll work on it.
  11. I know the mobs were being placed on me, because the mobs were following me, being spawned, wherever I moved, this is not coincidence. I moved across the map and back, and the mobs followed me the entire way. This is not a spawning pattern, this was mobs spawning on me. Also in this particular event item:use and buffs were both disabled, meaning that food, which you said was the reason the event didn't work in the first place, wasn't able to be used.

Ok, ok, ok. Go look at my profile, go look at the post you left on my leaving thread, remember what you said to me on Discord? I said I would play EMC for fun events. I came on EMC for this event, and I have found issues with it. I'm not saying the event is bad. I really like the event idea. I'm just stating that something is not quite right with the way it's working. Even if this was a plan b, after the first 4 events, and me mentioning this to staff at the event, surely something should be recognised. The plan B didn't work. They need a plan C, you can't just say they had a plan b so good for them, it's not working.
    cubefragment likes this.
  12. The issue was the concentration of mobs spawning. There were vanilla spawners put in place and they weren't killing you fast enough, so food became an issue when it shouldn't have. Fixing it requires a rebuild to add in more spawners which isn't really a thing we could add today. Your tone has changed since your first post, so thank you for that. As you can see, this wasn't disastrous, it just wasn't ideal which is to be expected when something goes wrong.
    benthebobjr likes this.
  13. I think we can solve the issue with camping, you can turn the event into something like Temple run where we must run away from something and have obstacles in the way. That sounds like a fix or another event idea
  14. The event is next ran at 4pm EMC later today. Plenty of time for me to go in and fix the other issues.
  15. Ok so that'd be a whole different event, but it'd be pretty neat (as a whole different event)
  16. I seems like you're catastrophizing this a little bit. Everyone except you guys (maybe one or two others, who knows) seemed to enjoy themselves when I was hosting and from the tiny bit of Cavie's event that I saw. I held an extra round because people were enjoying it

If we'd have kept things the way they were set up, what were intended to be 15-30 minute rounds would have extended into very long camp-fests. JD and I decided not to use fire after the first round, but to only use mobs, which give people more opportunity to run away. That's why I prefaced each round after that with a warning that if people camp, they'll probably die... If people are up in trees or on fences, it's likely that they're going to get mobs spawned around them. You said it happened to you, but you won, so it couldn't have been that terrible

As for complaints that the purpose wasn't clear enough, I don't think I could have made it more clear before I started each round, and everyone else seemed very apt to running for their lives when I did.

Just enjoy the festivities :) If it's not for you, I'm sorry to hear that, but I heard from plenty of people who had a fantastic time
  17. Once again. It's not the mobs being spawned that is the issues. It's the mobs that are being spawned only on one player until they are dead. This is the underlying issue. Spawning mobs on campers is acceptable, but making sure that they die 100% of the time is not.
  18. I attended a few events yesterday and thought it was really fun. Of course, I never plan on winning these types of events, so I didn't mind when Alex sent me up in flames for cowering in a stairwell :p (I did a decent job of getting myself killed the other rounds I played.) I think it's always nice that these types of events get the community together in one place for some fun. I saw a lot of really cute Halloween skins at the event and got to say hey to some players I don't always see anymore. The builds that I saw were nice, and definitely put me in the spooky holiday spirit. I especially like that there are multiple arenas to keep things interesting. Thanks to everyone who worked on this project; you can tell a lot of time went into it.
  19. I for one really enjoyed myself, I just think that maybe there's should be a few more loot chests or that the chests auto refill perhaps? Because at the moment it seems like most players can't really get any food or weapons.
    TomvanWijnen and AlexC__ like this.
  20. I think i should chime in here, since i am the one who designed this event, this type of event (to my knowledge) is a new type of event on EMC.
    This event is entirely supposed to be run by traps distractions and spawners. The only role of the hosting staff, is to open and close the door, and pay attention who won, and let me know. And ofc be online. I told the hosting staffs, that the event should not run for much longer than 10-15 minutes, but lets give them 20. if it is taking longer, kill them.
    I did not anticipate the resilience of some of the players :D, BUT with every new type of event, i will learn how to kill your more efficiently.
    I am going to the builds, and fixing a few things.

I am sorry you feel this way, this was my way to try to make a mob arena fair for all, but how are you so upset when you were the winner? You prevailed?
    You say you were targeted by a vanished staff, are you not sure you were standing on one of my plentiful of spawners? Since i hid them well so players were not able to run away from them,
    Sure you can see some of them but that does not mean you can find all so you would stand on them and get mauled by fresh spawning mobs.

There were 2 errors. A, in the mudhut i did not see how well most of you could hide, i will fix this. And B. The paste of the train station failed, the spawners came through empty, i was asleep, so Cavie asked ss for help, and since they could not find where the spawners should have been either, they spawned mobs randomly.

if you have complaints about this event, i would rather you message me and let me see if i can work it out into my next design, don't go on a ranting spree on the event thread. My message box is open, and i am always open for suggestions.
    But please be advices that new events and new ideas can have mistakes, and from mistakes we learn.

I'm sorry you feel this way about this event, but with new things, you have to understand, this event is not run like any other. AlexC__ asked me if he was allowed to use manual ways to kill, i said yes. The whole idea of the event was to kill people.
    When people are camping, were not gonna give them warnings, we spawn on them. Just like mob arena, there are should not be warnings for people that camp and hide.

What would you consider to be fair? You won, how more fair can it be for you?

I have a hard time understanding the anger, when the angriest people are 2 winners.
    The thing is it is only "still" a problem, cause the main designer of the event, was sound asleep with her notifications on silent, it will not (hopefully) be still a problem, cause since i am up now, i will be fixing the problems before the next run.

Like i said with runder, got complaints about the event, i would rather see a message in my inbox, than a rant on the page.
    Yeah sure, if you are sending it after 8pm server time there is a serious chance ( like 99%) that i am asleep since 8pm server time is my midnight, but i will reply to you when i get up.

This event is run without any kind of code, so refilling the chests really only happens when the event is pasted in.
    The food was never supposed to work, it was meant as a distraction so a mob could kill you. I see this aggravated a few to many people, and i will take it on myself to remove the food from the chests, there might be something else in there tho :)
    You are not supposed to get food or weapons, you are supposed to die, that's why if you find a weapon, it's close to ruined :)