[EVENT] Haunted Horrors

Discussion in 'Empire Events' started by IceQueenDawn, Oct 26, 2017.

1. I know I'll probably only bring heat on myself from posting, but make sure you see this as a completely neutral point of view. I had fun, I wasn't mad about the way I died either time- just offering a bit of insight.

The first round lasted 20 minutes. I couldn't see what was going on as I died first, a vindicator had been spawned in a wooded area and I had been caught off guard. Perfect for a Halloween event.

The second round probably lasted about the same, 15-20 minutes. I lasted a lot longer this time. Went up one of the huge trees, another guy was with me and all was good. Then I notice a few zombies spawned under me, as in I had watched them be spawned. They climbed the tree, I fought them and knocked them off the tree or killed them. At this point I'm smiling irl, "this is the best event on EMC I'd been to since I've been back" I'm thinking to myself.

Then I see Alex, he had teleported to me out of vanish and was flying a few blocks above me, a couple cave spiders spawn at the end of the hallway I'm in, and the ground below me lights on fire. I start running, assuming it's anti-camping to get me to move, which I was. On 3 hearts I jumped down the trunk of the tree and survived with half a heart, his move had worked and I was back into the main game with the other players.

Then he lights the log under me again and I die. The complaints are justified as this is a bad way to go, but no hard feelings. Events do need time to be worked out, everyone should remember that. Let's just hope it's twice as fun as it was yesterday, today.

Edit: Alex said in his post that he stopped using fire after the first round and warned campers. Assuming that's true, that right there would've fixed any problems involved with the event from my point of view. Sucks I went to bed after the second round.
  2. since alex put down the blowtorch the event has been fixed in your eyes..
    and i want to thank you. and i am going to hold on to exactly THIS quote for a long time..
    i have been a bit shy about this event, and to hear this. reaaaally mean ALOT to me, not as a mod, but as a human being.
    you might have completly made my day.
  3. You're very welcome, kudos to whoever built the maps too.
    AlexC__ and iamcavie like this.
  4. the buildings are a collaboration of the staff team, the mudhut is already on smp6 /mudhut

the other 2 are what happens when the staff team comes and builds as the team we are :D
  5. Does this mean there's no horseman masks this year?

Edit: pray to aikar for zombie and skeleton horses
  6. Read the red writing in the post please.
    PetezzaDawg likes this.
  7. Wooot :p Another one of your fabulous events! Loved the map which the event team worked so hard on :) I really appreciate it! Of course there are some rough patches but who cares ;), We got some prizes and had some fun! I just wish the event had one effect added to it, Night Vision! The event would be so much more dramatic with it being dark and such! But I really loved it and thanks for another round of some Halloween Events :p
  8. This seems interesting, I will try to make it.
    Eviltoade likes this.
  9. Did you actually read either of our posts? We are not at all complaining about the event. Not at all. We like the event idea, it's a good idea. We are complaining quite simply, because staff are targeting and killing players, removing them from the game with no chance of winning.

I've already said this, there should be no need for me to repeat myself.

Also I never won. Dunno where you got that idea.
  10. Ah yeah, no weapons makes sense, but if it was possible to run this event with code maybe give each player 5 steaks or something, because the way it is now you run out of hunger far too quickly.
  11. oh god my bad, i don't know why i thought you had won :/
    SkeleTin007 and TuckerAmbr like this.
  12. This was so fun! I played Saturday and did really bad. And I also played today (sunday) got 2nd place and I won once!
  13. Omg, this was so much fun! This has to be a staple Halloween event :D
  14. I did the event and lasted about 2 minutes total for both rounds. Each round only lasted about 8 minutes each. Very similar to mob arena. I have to say I'm rather disappointed that you're not doing the event from last year. That was a great event. It brought the community together in a very cooperative way.
    _Levy_McGarden_ likes this.
  15. You were being targeted by the staff and you still won. Wha...? That is astounding. You are crying about how unfair you were treated (and Runder of course) during the game but still won. That makes absolutely no sense. How did you win? There were lots of players.
  16. Is this a no items event?
  17. I was gonna drop the subject, but I'll make an exception for you. WHO CARES IF I WON. That is ABSOLUTELY irrelevant to my point. The point is not me crying "ohh I got targeted and didn't win and I'm crying about it". My point is "this event is not a fair event, and yah sure, I won, but that doesn't change the fact that it's unfair". A common thing that's happening on this thread is a misinterpretation of a VERY clearly stated and specified point. Feel free to reread my previous posts and respond to me in a PM on Discord, because I will GLADLY deal with it there.
  18. Just asking a question dude. No reason to get all worked up. Just wondering what it is you have going on that you can get targeted and still win. I need a little of that, whatever it is, too.
  19. ...there's always a few...
    PetezzaDawg likes this.
  20. For the second time now, read the red text please.