[EVENT] EMC REVIVAL DROP PARTY Hosted by Merek_Shadower and Wafflecoffee

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by Merek_Shadower, May 10, 2020.

?

Will you be able to make this party?

Poll closed May 30, 2020.
Yes, I have to BE THERE! 30 vote(s) 75.0%
No, I want to attend but that time doesn't work for me 5 vote(s) 12.5%
No, I can't attend but wish to donate to this cause 0 vote(s) 0.0%
I like Pizza! 17 vote(s) 42.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. That's right EMC!!! Merek is doing it again!! This time with wafflecoffee, in honor of EMC and ALL the people returning!
    This is a celebration for EVERYONE!
    Come to /v +DP on SMP2 on Saturday, June 27th at 11:00am for the drop party event! There are no RULES per se but we have some guidance we would like you follow. Please, no alts. This event is for players and if you bring on your alt you aren't allowing someone else to join. The cap is 45 players per SMP, and it's very possible that we may hit the cap. Be courteous and allow players who just joined or have never been to a DP before get their experience. This event is based on caring for others, please lead by example. I PROMISE there is enough good loot to go around! ;) Take a look!! Come to SMP2 at /v +DP and check out our donations on preview! Leave a donation if you would like. It doesn't have to be a promo or a rare, just something you would find useful to another player. There is a book and quill dispenser if you'd like to leave your donations list. There will be a special recognition for donors! :) Staff will be on hand to help you with any issues and here I give a special shout out to Luckygreenbird who has overseen my redstone build to satisfaction, helped with donations and plans on helping at the event. The issue with redstone and ANY Drop Party is, as always, lag. The real lag will come from player cramming not redstone. Client lag will almost certainly happen, so be prepared. A special Thank You to wafflecoffee for ALL the help, Luckygreenbird for his input, jewel_king for his estimate on the total cost in drops we're doing, and Desothulhu, for book keeping. Without these people this would never have happened on the professional level we brought it to. Thank You from Merek! There will be more posts below with updates and info. Thank You EMC!! Happy to see the REVIVAL that has begun! :D
  2. DATES
    30 May 2020 at 8 PM [10:00 AEST, 5 PM PST]
    27 June 2020 at 11 AM [16:00 BST, 17:00 CEST]
  3. Can't wait! :D
    Merek_Shadower and wafflecoffee like this.
  4. ya boooiiii I am so ready for this!!!
    I have a few promos I'll gladly donate too
  5. Sounds like an awesome event! and finally an event on Saturday that I should be able to attend :)
  6. I'm super excited for this! I've got some donations together that I'll throw in! :D
  7. Just mailed some donations. Hope I can be there :)
  8. Woohoo! Looking forward to it! I know you've been working very hard on this :D
  9. Now I'll look for stuff to donate! <3
    (Hehe, I'll be there most likely! :p)
  10. Let the Promos hit the floor!!! (Papa Roach) (See who gets it)
  11. We were just rockin' out to this song at work!!

I was thinking of doing a reply to each individual offering to donate, instead I'll just say this to ALL of you.

This event couldn't happen without players like you. YOU are the reason this will be such an epic event. I'm simply just the little minion running around, gathering up all your caring and sharing to shower it on other players. Any and ALL donations are welcome! Simply mail to Merek_Shadower or Wafflecoffee or you can stop by smp2 /v +DP and donate there. Fill out a book while there so we can record your generosity.

EMC!!! YOU GUYS ROCK!! Let the PROMOS HIT the FLOOR!!
  12. Shadow Coffee POWER! :D
    ;) <3
  13. I'm gonna toss in a couple of not-promo donations today!
    wafflecoffee likes this.
  14. I will be there!
    wafflecoffee likes this.
  15. I hope that I can make it too
  16. Sadly Merek, I might not be able to make it to this one. :(
    Things have come up, and I need to take care of em. I still might be able to make it though. :) We'll see.
    Merek_Shadower likes this.
  17. We actually have a plan for those who can't attend it on that day (including time zone differences)... to be announced soon :)
  18. OwO?
  19. I'm very glad to announce...
    We are splitting the drops so that everyone can attend!
    We've set up a SECOND drop party to occur on the 27th of June, at 11 AM Eastern Time (16:00 British Standard Time, 17:00 Central European Standard Time)!
    The drops will be split half and half between the two DPs. This is so that people from all over the world can attend, from Australia to England, from California to Poland!
    The event has already been submitted to the events calendar at https://events.emc.gs.
    Only able to make one of them? Great! Able to make both? Even better! The more people, the better!
    See you there. :D