[EVENT] 7 Wonders for 7 Years of EMC

Discussion in 'Empire Events' started by Eviltoade, Jul 28, 2018.

1. To continue with the Birthday celebration, we present to you the 7 Wonders of EMC - a scavenger hunt Event. Players will search for the 7 wonders listed below on EMC.

Submission time has ended, prizes announced soon!

The 7 Ancient Wonders of the World:
    • Mausoleum at Halicarnassus - smp1
    • Statue of Zeus at Olympia - smp1
    • Great Pyramid of Giza - smp1
    • Lighthouse of Alexandria - smp4
    • Temple of Artemis at Ephesus - smp7
    • Colossus of Rhodes - smp9
    • Hanging Gardens of Babylon - utopia
    Info:

Search the Wonder for a sign marked CLUE, and as you walk up to the sign, there will be a scrambled message. Please take note of this message. Once you have found all 7 scrambled words, it is your job to not only unscramble them but to put them in the correct order to make a specific phrase. Once you are confident you have the correct phrase, fill out this form:
    Clues:
    • The three builds on SMP1 are EMC builds that REPRESENT the Ancient Wonders but are not identical. Try to figure out which EMC build best represents each of the Ancient Wonders, and search for the clue for that build!
      • Two of the builds are in town: the Mausoleum at Halicarnassus and the Statue of Zeus at Olympia.
      • Hint for The Great Pyramid of Giza: The Great Pyramid is located on SMP1 in an Egyptian build not in the town, waste, nor frontier. That's the best helping hand I can give you.
    • The other four are replica builds of their Ancient Wonder. Each of their locations:
      • SMP4's Lighthouse of Alexandria is in the Waste
      • SMP7's Temple of Artemis at Ephesus is in the Waste
      • SMP9's Colossus of Rhodes is in the Waste
      • Utopia's Hanging Gardens of Babylon is in Town
    • When looking for these, use the EMC livemap ;) Some of them you will be able to easily spot from there!
    Prizes:
    Since there will undoubtedly be many who get this puzzle correct, random.org will decide the top 3 winners. Each winner will receive at random one of the following three unused promo horses:
    • Incitatus
    • Valens
    • Saltar
    Good Luck! And Happy Birthday EMC! We Love You!

One entry per player/household/IP; no alts. Duplicate submissions will be deleted; your best attempt will be saved. An exception may be made for multiple players living together verified through a pm with Krysyy.
  2. Looks really cool! Hope I'll have enough time to do it :D
    Eviltoade likes this.
  3. Awesome stuff! You're the 8th wonder of EMC! Always with wonder-ful events :D
    Eviltoade, RainbowPony and MoreMoople like this.
  4. Cool! I’m not one to explore the waste, but I may try!
    Eviltoade and RainbowPony like this.
  5. 7 wonders !!
  6. Replicas? I don't know about the temple or the lighthouse, but I don't think we know what the colossus or the hanging gardens might have looked like. :p (if they even existed at all)
  7. This event looks awesome! Nice job
  8. Interesting! Cant wait to explore!
  9. I might try to do this if I can ;)
  10. Hmmm now I understand why you didn’t want me to edit the book :p anyways I won’t be on for this event today but good luck guys! You in to see some amazing builds by “Teh Toade”
    Eviltoade, 607 and MoreMoople like this.
  11. So fun! The 6 wonders I have found so far are fantastic!
  12. are the signs like really hidden? I cant seem to find them
  13. 7 wonders! I like it, I'll try to go check them all out!
    Eviltoade, RainbowPony and 607 like this.
  14. I love historical architect, this'll be fun!
  15. Some are more obvious than others. A couple in particular are really challenging to find ;)
    Eviltoade, RainbowPony, 607 and 2 others like this.
  16. Just gave a hint for the Great Pyramid of Giza in-game, here it is:

Hint for the Great Pyramid of Giza: The Great Pyramid is located on SMP1 in an Egyptian build not in the town, waste, nor frontier. That's the best helping hand I can give you.

Edit: ^That whole hint is a riddle, pay attention to it ;)
    Eviltoade, NuclearBobomb, 607 and 3 others like this.
  17. Submitted, great event! =)
  18. Can the clues be on player's res's?
  19. They are all on EMC or staff owned reses.

Edit: For the ones in town.
    Eviltoade likes this.
  20. awesome thanks